Osmo Mobile 3 on Iphone 12 Pro MAX
36756 38 2020-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Camoura
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello,

Will the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 work with the Iphone 12 Pro MAX?

Thanks

Carlos
2020-10-15
Use props
Lapinas
lvl.1
Lithuania

Dji osmo mobile 3 usually works well with apple production. As iphone 12 pro max is  has only 2 grams more weight then iphone 11 pro max which works good for me ,also they both has ios 14 ,so, it should work good.
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am very certain it will work
2020-10-15
Use props
Camoura
lvl.1

Brazil

Lapinas Posted at 10-15 05:51
Dji osmo mobile 3 usually works well with apple production. As iphone 12 pro max is  has only 2 grams more weight then iphone 11 pro max which works good for me ,also they both has ios 14 ,so, it should work good.

Thanks for the answer!
2020-10-15
Use props
Camoura
lvl.1

Brazil

A J Posted at 10-15 06:24
I am very certain it will work

Thanks for the answer!
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Camoura Posted at 10-15 06:40
Thanks for the answer!

You're welcome - I would be amazed if it's not
2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Carlos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 12 max is not yet recommended for the DJI OM3 and for the DJI Mimo application but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI OM4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf
2020-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hopefully it will work fine,  but I doubt they will add official support for it.
2020-10-16
Use props
Connor Barrett
New

United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the iPhone 12 Mini will work with the Osmo Mobile 3
2020-10-30
Use props
Jamira40
lvl.1
Czechia

Hey!

iPhone 12 Pro is currently not working with Osmo Mobile 3.
It is impossible to balance that phone you will get Unbalanced error messages. In portrait mode it is somehow able to handle it but in landscape especially when tilting up and down that motor directly behind phone will start shaking and when you go too fast it will end up with Gimbal error. (Also it is overheating)
2020-10-30
Use props
Jamira40
lvl.1
Czechia

One small update.

Just to try... I swapped iPhone 12 Pro with powerbank from xiaomi... much bigger then iP12Pro. Around 240g and it can handle it.
So... maybe that fancy news magnets? Don't know...
2020-10-30
Use props
fans90a3e7da
New

Thailand

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-15 20:03
Hello there Carlos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 12 max is not yet recommended for the DJI OM3 and for the DJI Mimo application but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI OM4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_1.pdf
Hi, i have to buy iPhone pro max 12... you mean that my  dj osmo nobile 3 cannot be use anymore? Don’t tell me is like this!!! I have also mavic pro... same problem?
I hope technicians will found solutions cause I don’t want to change all my dji products.
2020-11-8
Use props
osmoWannaBe
New

Australia

fans90a3e7da Posted at 11-8 18:38
Hi, i have to buy iPhone pro max 12... you mean that my  dj osmo nobile 3 cannot be use anymore? Don’t tell me is like this!!! I have also mavic pro... same problem?
I hope technicians will found solutions cause I don’t want to change all my dji products.

I'm looking to by & use Osmo Mobile 3 or 4 for an upcoming event in 2 weeks to livestream (not to Youtube/Facebook) with iphone 12pro.
Can it be confirmed what does and doesn't work with Iphone 12 pro? is it just the iphone software for Osmo, or is it the bracket, or is it both?
2020-11-12
Use props
alex7morfin
New

Mexico

Jamira40 Posted at 10-30 06:51
Hey!

iPhone 12 Pro is currently not working with Osmo Mobile 3.

Seriously?
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_CzInt4GehtSA
New
Germany

iPhone 12 Pro Max worked good with osmo 3.
the dji app too
Switching to landscape shake sometimes a little bit, but records works perfect
2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_CNrIT22FOeDf
New

United States

DJI doesn’t officially say the osmo 3 is compatible with the 12 pro max but the apple site does .I’m having issues with it in landscape mode and can’t find any real answers
2020-11-16
Use props
Jamira40
lvl.1
Czechia

alex7morfin Posted at 11-15 19:15
Seriously?

As mentioned, landscspe mode is shaking. So yeah seriously.
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_SOy0lVsbEsA5
New

United Kingdom

Is there anyway to change the phone holder on the dji mobile 3 for the magnetic one?
2020-11-23
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Just came across this and I am surprised and concerned - I'm looking at getting the 12 Pro Max. I'm surprised as I am currently using the XS Max with an Otterbox case on it without a problem and the size/weight combo is pretty close to a bare 12 Pro Max.
Edit: Someone reports using it successfully here -

https://new.reddit.com/r/djiosmo/comments/jwrrsa/osmo_3_and_iphone_12/
2020-12-1
Use props
javadudd
New
United Kingdom

I'm similar have the OM3 and currently an XS Max with Mous Clarity case on it and works fine but moving to 12 Pro Max with Mous Clarity case soon so hoping this will get resolved by tech support and just a software update.

Can you imagine all those people with OM3's upgrading and finding out the DJI is not going to support it

It wouldn't look good on DJI or Apple selling it as a compatible device Apple Compatible Accessory
2020-12-3
Use props
miklee
lvl.1
Italy

I order 1 week ago the Om3 from amazon and i confirm the landscape mode is shaking...Now search for another gimbal solution but right now i don't find nothing...
2020-12-6
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Just got the Pro Max and have now used it a couple of times with my OM3 and it works fine in landscape mode - no shaking while walking with it, etc. The phone also has this Spigen case on it -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KRMVXKY

Similar experience by another user here -

https://new.reddit.com/r/djiosmo ... mo_3_and_iphone_12/
2020-12-10
Use props
djiuser_c1ajSXeTdN46
lvl.1

United States

My osmo 3 does not work with my 12 pro max. Vertical seems to work but as soon as I turn to landscape the whole gimbal wobbles and after about 6 seconds, the whole gimbal goes limp and shuts itself down. Very disappointing. I don’t know what to do now.
2020-12-14
Use props
davids drone
New
Australia

Hi, can someone let me know if the new iPhone 12 Pro is compatible with the Osmo 3? I’ve been testing it and it keeps falling limp?
If not (joy) , does anyone have suggestions for option?
Oh dear, it’s never easy
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_c1ajSXeTdN46
lvl.1

United States

davids drone Posted at 12-15 00:42
Hi, can someone let me know if the new iPhone 12 Pro is compatible with the Osmo 3? I’ve been testing it and it keeps falling limp?
Oh dear, it’s never easy

It falls limp for me too. Any time I have it rotate to horizontal the gimble wobbles and eventually falls limp. Very frustrating.
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_c1ajSXeTdN46
lvl.1

United States

DaveSp Posted at 12-10 03:49
Just got the Pro Max and have now used it a couple of times with my OM3 and it works fine in landscape mode - no shaking while walking with it, etc. The phone also has this Spigen case on it -

Did you change any settings? I think the magnets in the 12 are throwing it off or something. Every time I turn the phone landscape, the entire gimble starts wobbling and eventually goes limp.
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_c1ajSXeTdN46
lvl.1

United States

DaveSp Posted at 12-10 03:49

Did you change any settings? I think the magnets in the 12 are throwing it off or something. Every time I turn the phone landscape, the entire gimble starts wobbling and eventually goes limp.
2020-12-15
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_c1ajSXeTdN46 Posted at 12-15 06:44

No. Stock 12 Pro Max & OM3 (purchased 12/19) that I had previously been using with an XS Max. And I've used it multiple times, portrait & landscape, without a problem. I've also tried it with and without the Spigen case on it.
2020-12-15
Use props
slickshoes
New

United States

It does NOT work. At least the ulta wide angle doesn't. It is ridiculously choppy. I had the 11 pro max and it worked great, the 12 pro max ultra wide is completely broken, handholding works perfectly, so its definitely the osmo 3 mobile that is the issue.
2020-12-17
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

slickshoes Posted at 12-17 07:34
It does NOT work. At least the ulta wide angle doesn't. It is ridiculously choppy. I had the 11 pro max and it worked great, the 12 pro max ultra wide is completely broken, handholding works perfectly, so its definitely the osmo 3 mobile that is the issue.

Don't know why it is an issue with some phones but it is working with mine, including .5x and all modes.
2020-12-17
Use props
djiuser_c1ajSXeTdN46
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone think that maybe we could find some sort of magnet “blocker” that is the size of the phone, or a magnet blocking case? If that existed could it stop the magnetic interference with the gimbal?
2020-12-17
Use props
VPontes
New

Brazil

It's working just fine with my 12 pro max on OM3...
2021-1-19
Use props
fans74012bd4
lvl.2

United States

davids drone Posted at 2020-12-15 00:42
Oh dear, it’s never easy

Here is what I have found.  If I mount the 12 Pro (NOT THE MAX) with the clamp slightly covering the volume button, it works.  It's almost like the phone has to be centered exactly.  But the volume and power buttons are closer to the center than they have been.  The clamp does not seem to actually push the buttons. So this may not be a big deal.  I had no issues with the XS Max though.  Seems like somebody missed the mark on this.  
2021-1-19
Use props
fans74012bd4
lvl.2

United States

DaveSp Posted at 2020-12-15 11:47
No. Stock 12 Pro Max & OM3 (purchased 12/19) that I had previously been using with an XS Max. And I've used it multiple times, portrait & landscape, without a problem. I've also tried it with and without the Spigen case on it.

Here is what I have found.  If I mount the 12 Pro (NOT THE MAX) with the clamp slightly covering the volume button, it works.  It's almost like the phone has to be centered exactly.  But the volume and power buttons are closer to the center than they have been.  The clamp does not seem to actually push the buttons. So this may not be a big deal.  I had no issues with the XS Max though.  Seems like somebody missed the mark on this.  
2021-1-19
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

fans74012bd4 Posted at 1-19 16:28
Here is what I have found.  If I mount the 12 Pro (NOT THE MAX) with the clamp slightly covering the volume button, it works.  It's almost like the phone has to be centered exactly.  But the volume and power buttons are closer to the center than they have been.  The clamp does not seem to actually push the buttons. So this may not be a big deal.  I had no issues with the XS Max though.  Seems like somebody missed the mark on this.

Yeah, I find the same with the Pro Max and the setting near the volume button. Works fine like that. But I also have the Osmo Pocket and use it far more - it's just so much more convenient to quickly use and nowhere near as obtrusive as a phone in an OM3.
2021-1-20
Use props
fanse0472a12
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_CzInt4GehtSA Posted at 2020-11-16 12:21
iPhone 12 Pro Max worked good with osmo 3.
the dji app too
Switching to landscape shake sometimes a little bit, but records works perfect
Hyper lapse in landscape
Mode has always given me balance errors with iPhone 11 Pro Max and 12 pro max. The gimbal drops and shakes on both.

The original osmo I never had a problem and I use counterweights.
2021-2-14
Use props
djiuser_L1RGEL9adBEp
New

United Kingdom

My iPhone 12 Pro Max won’t even register in the DJI go app I have connected via Bluetooth and it keeps asking for me to enable Bluetooth
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_SQKh9qIKXTZR
New

United States

I use the iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Osmo3.  It works well.  
2021-3-5
Use props
djiuser_yJiDgyok6G9r
New

Indonesia

djiuser_L1RGEL9adBEp Posted at 3-2 09:56
My iPhone 12 Pro Max won’t even register in the DJI go app I have connected via Bluetooth and it keeps asking for me to enable Bluetooth

Same problem with me ,, i just received my Osmo Mobile 3 and i try to connect with my iphone 12 pro max but there always Note : Unable to activate device and ask me to contact  DJI support for assistance.
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules