Maiden Flight/New Owner
673 6 2020-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pattern Is Full
New
United States

Hello,

I just purchased a Mavic Mini and took flight a few days ago. I flew it around a small county park surrounded by farm land. I didn't fly far- just trying to get used to the controls. Later that fternoon, I flew it again and took it out to about 500 meters after watching some videos, and seeing what others had success and failures doing.

Today, I flew it around for about an hour, (used up both batteries) and was only able to get out to about 400 meters before I started losing signal. I flew it in the same place so I'm unsure of why I had signal problems today. Maybe I had my antennas pointed in the wrong direction- didn't know that mattered until I read up on others having simliar issues. I also need to dive more indepth in my settings and see if there's anything I can change. I also switched my phone to airplane mode-which didn't make much of a difference with losing/gaining signal.

So far, it's been really fun and impressive. No regrets buying this drone.
2020-10-15
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you flying with the propguards on?  That would increase drag and the drone defaults to Payload Mode - 30m max altitude and  500m (I think) max distance. Check the manual
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were there obstructions between the AC and RC
2020-10-15
Use props
Pattern Is Full
New
United States

Thanks for the replies. No, I did not install prop guards, and I had no real obstacles in the way. Clear line of sight. Although, there were some power lines behind me...but I flew in the same spot the first time and had no issues. I'll double check my settings and pick a new spot to see if that helps. Either way, it's a lot of fun.
2020-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pattern Is Full Posted at 10-16 08:41
Thanks for the replies. No, I did not install prop guards, and I had no real obstacles in the way. Clear line of sight. Although, there were some power lines behind me...but I flew in the same spot the first time and had no issues. I'll double check my settings and pick a new spot to see if that helps. Either way, it's a lot of fun.

You should have great fun with it.  I've had mine for six months now and have no reason to regret buying it.
2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pattern Is Full. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI drone to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pattern Is Full Posted at 10-16 08:41

Enjoy it - hope you get it sorted too
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules