Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kune
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2773465 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello,

I have a Blackmagic 6k with the Ronin S, but I was wondering if I can use it with the new version RSC 2 which I like due to the smaller form factor. Especialy talking about space. For the RSC2 the compatibility list is only for 4k version, but althouh it doesn't offer the controlling options, I would like to know if Pocket 6k can fit on RSC2.

I assume that with the RS 2 it is possible but it is quite expensive.
2020-10-15
Use props
fans16b1ea7c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114688 ft
United States

Unfortunately, it does not. I just put picked it up today from Best Buy and have been trying to get this thing balanced. I am using a sigma 24-70 lens. It may be possible with counter weights. It does however fit without an offset plate, for whatever that’s worth.

I am returning and trying the RS2, but like you I liked the size and weight of the RSC2.
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello Kune, we are sorry to say that the BMPCC 6K is not supportive on the RSC2. You can try the RS2 with this camera model, for more camera compatibility please refer https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/bmpcc6k
Thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely compatible with the RS2
2020-10-23
Use props
Jivan Moulandi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61030 ft
  • >>>
France

I ordered the RSC2 and reading reviews online the BMPCC 4K can be balance only with counterweight so I decided to cancel my order.
2020-11-5
Use props
Niki D.
lvl.1
Germany

Well, it IS possible, even without counterweights. Although not with the biggest of lenses.

I was in despair when I unpacked it and it wouldn't balance with a heavier lens. But I tried some things and now I can at least balance medium lenses.

The main imbalance is left/right on the roll axis.

You have to:

1. Don't use the center hole of the camera plate to attach it, but the rightmost (so that the camera moves to the right and almost touches the gimbal arm).
2. Attach the focus motor (I have the Pro kit) on the RIGHT side of the camera (looking from behind), so that it acts as a counterweight in itself.

I bet, if I attach the the Raveneye via a rail to the top thread of the camera and slide it all the way to the right, I could even balance a Sigma 18-35. This little thing is quite heavy.
2020-11-7
Use props
Niki D.
lvl.1
Germany

Update: I was able to balance the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 by attaching the Raveneye to the cold shoe beneath the camera baseplate and pushing it all the way to the right.
2020-11-7
Use props
Niki D.
lvl.1
Germany

Aaaand final update: It is possible to even balance the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 ART !! Even with "Excellent" balance results in the app for every axis.

Same procedure as decribed above: Plate & camera to the right, motor to the right, Raveneye to the right -> works!

And I forgot to mention: I am using a CFast card an an internal battery for the Pocket 6k, which also put some weight to the right.
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_NNkT1Jn5Cmm7
New

United Kingdom

Did anyone get a BMPCC 4k (with a decent sized lens) balanced on the RSC2 without counterweights?
2021-7-30
Use props
RWMorey
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_NNkT1Jn5Cmm7 Posted at 2021-7-30 09:47
Did anyone get a BMPCC 4k (with a decent sized lens) balanced on the RSC2 without counterweights?

I have only been able to get the BMPCC 4K to balance with a small wide angle lens. I tried yesterday to balance it with a Tamaron 18-200mm but was unable.

I have not ended up using the RSC2 as much as I thought I would, partly because of the balancing issues with the BMPCC 4K so I am debating about selling it and either getting a larger gimbal to support the 4K or maybe just getting a much smaller OSMO to capture footage and just stick to using the BMPCC 4K on the tripod.

Rich
2023-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules