Anyone notice esc noise reduction?
579 7 2020-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

This month the returned rma devices paired exhibit near silent propulsion.
Is this a firmware caused silencing?
My ears always recall an angry bee hive swarm very audible.
The genuine props are from the dji carton, still have spare set too unused.
Is it firmware negotiating esc but to what feedback & control?
There is no acoustic pressure sensor of pulsating noise to provide feedback to the esc
A visual propeller check compared to spare unused reveals no indifference
Could it be aging of the modulus?
Plastic propellers do not rot or oxide or UV degrade
Any explanation?
Quiet is appreciated, the animals aren't spooked or agitated
2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ChrisLoon. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. I hope that you will get the best information you need from our fellow DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-10-15
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

I am interested. Can you show a video with sound to see how it worked and how much the noise was reduced?
2020-10-15
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-15 22:05
Hello there ChrisLoon. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. I hope that you will get the best information you need from our fellow DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you and fly safe always.

Let me delineate further inform. Out of the box i install genuine propellers & attempt 1st flight of paired received rma devices & experience the substantial reduction in awe. Why is it after this 1st the angry bee hive acoustic pressure waves restores? Can firmware do this only on 1st run? Is rma facility playing firmware games? You all understand "hot-patching" whereby the naming convention of firmware is meaningless of what's embedded. This morn this pair shipped back to facility after uncommanded mavic air turned it's camera on target me & sliced foot lacerations regardless I reacted land now, highly unusual occurrence. I had to retain the useless propellers as hard evidence regardless everything was wanted.
2020-10-22
Use props
XAFAfterShock
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40771 ft
United States

ChrisLoon Posted at 10-22 16:39
Let me delineate further inform. Out of the box i install genuine propellers & attempt 1st flight of paired received rma devices & experience the substantial reduction in awe. Why is it after this 1st the angry bee hive acoustic pressure waves restores? Can firmware do this only on 1st run? Is rma facility playing firmware games? You all understand "hot-patching" whereby the naming convention of firmware is meaningless of what's embedded. This morn this pair shipped back to facility after uncommanded mavic air turned it's camera on target me & sliced foot lacerations regardless I reacted land now, highly unusual occurrence. I had to retain the useless propellers as hard evidence regardless everything was wanted.

my eyeballs just experienced the most severe case of covid19 known to man
2020-10-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ChrisLoon Posted at 10-22 16:39
Let me delineate further inform. Out of the box i install genuine propellers & attempt 1st flight of paired received rma devices & experience the substantial reduction in awe. Why is it after this 1st the angry bee hive acoustic pressure waves restores? Can firmware do this only on 1st run? Is rma facility playing firmware games? You all understand "hot-patching" whereby the naming convention of firmware is meaningless of what's embedded. This morn this pair shipped back to facility after uncommanded mavic air turned it's camera on target me & sliced foot lacerations regardless I reacted land now, highly unusual occurrence. I had to retain the useless propellers as hard evidence regardless everything was wanted.

English is not your first language, is it?
2020-10-31
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I have no idea what is going on here?

Is it just me?

2020-11-1
Use props
ChrisLoon
lvl.2

United States

I found out why propulsion sound barrier breakage shock waves ran silent 1st run out from grapevine, & no more silent after that.

It's the lok fitup non-play, specifically, that portion of stirrup once seated, results zero play, zero tolerance.
This deals with both coloxary plastics which interface, the spindle's plastic lok, & the propeller's claw stirrup plastic.

Yielding creates minute play. This happens over time. That's why swapout is documented regardless no visible defect, but you can feel the play grasping the guass shield & finger pinching the propeller topside center to feel the tiny, if existent, play. You can't tell whether it's the lok or the prop unless you swap with known good tight fitup equivalent.
It's all in the mold & in the shrinkage, & material batch.
2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules