Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

EHEA Posted at 10-18 07:08
I could perhaps believe that the channel selection was improved, I always was wondering whether the auto selection made sense as it never correlated very well with the display of already busy channels... just my personal very subjective impression. That might (?) be be one of the aspects of the radio link that is actually influenced by the app and not the controller or drone firmware??? Most everything else that has an influence on the range (antenna pattern, antenna gain, amplifier gain settings, tx power, RF (de)modulation and error correction ,.. what else??)....would require firmware and/or even hardware changes to increase the range.

The app restricts the transmission depending on where you live. This is why people do spoof locations to get true FCC mode. It used to be easier to spoof locations on older drones but DJI are smarter in the new apps.

I live in Australia and have the FCC version of the mini but the transmission strength is restricted to srrc mode here. DJI add restrictions based on the laws in each country. There are actually versions of DJI Fly with the FCC mode always on, but they are charging people for them now where they used to be free.

Anyhow, back on the topic. I updated and flew in the same spot and got the same interference around 1km out from my backyard. Nothing changed with my FCC version mini. Perhaps it is a CE model change to boost their transmission.
2020-10-18
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

itsdavesdrone Posted at 10-18 13:21
The app restricts the transmission depending on where you live. This is why people do spoof locations to get true FCC mode. It used to be easier to spoof locations on older drones but DJI are smarter in the new apps.

I live in Australia and have the FCC version of the mini but the transmission strength is restricted to srrc mode here. DJI add restrictions based on the laws in each country. There are actually versions of DJI Fly with the FCC mode always on, but they are charging people for them now where they used to be free.

Thats what i think it is.
2020-10-21
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hello, a test has just been done on this subject. I will let you judge for yourself.
2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules