795 12 2020-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A question for Litchi users - If you create a flight plan to take photos of a POI,  and then fly the same mission multple times how close are the photos to each other,  Im pretty sure not close enought to stack but if you created a timelapse with them would it look OK?
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In terms of the precision of the flight it is spot on but obviously lighting conditions vary
2020-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-16 01:26
In terms of the precision of the flight it is spot on but obviously lighting conditions vary

Id expect lighting to change but if say I wanted to time lapse through the seasons would the location placement be close enough.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-16 01:31
Id expect lighting to change but if say I wanted to time lapse through the seasons would the location placement be close enough.

Very much so - been a while since I used Litchi but it was excellent for that purpose when I used it extensively with my Phantoms..........
2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. Since this is a 3rd party application, I hope that you will get the best information with regards to this matter from our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried using the Litchi application. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-10-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You will have hard times with even the slightest variation in orientation of the camera.
I speak from experience....
2020-10-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have flown numerous times the same mission with Litchi, taking the same photos as it does its route and it is spot on. Whatever you have set and saved it keeps that config.
2020-10-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 10-16 09:13
I have flown numerous times the same mission with Litchi, taking the same photos as it does its route and it is spot on. Whatever you have set and saved it keeps that config.

I don't suppose you have a couple of pictures of the same POI from different flights I could compare?
2020-10-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 10-17 04:02
I don't suppose you have a couple of pictures of the same POI from different flights I could compare?

Not really, I generally delete those after a while to free up space
2020-10-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 10-17 15:08
Not really, I generally delete those after a while to free up space

Oh well,  thats a shame.
2020-10-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've created Waypoint missions with Litchi and uploaded them to two different drones ( The P4 and the MPP)  The track followed is precisely the same (video in my case) but I would expect there to be minor variations in still photography due to varying windspeed and direction, and other factors. But for a Four-Season comparison it should look like the same spot.  For time-lapse, I'm not sure it would be precise enough. Never tried it.  But the program is a fantastic piece of software, and the price point is very reasonable. I've used it extensively on 3 drones now with zero problems.
2020-10-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-18 07:41
I've created Waypoint missions with Litchi and uploaded them to two different drones ( The P4 and the MPP)  The track followed is precisely the same (video in my case) but I would expect there to be minor variations in still photography due to varying windspeed and direction, and other factors. But for a Four-Season comparison it should look like the same spot.  For time-lapse, I'm not sure it would be precise enough. Never tried it.  But the program is a fantastic piece of software, and the price point is very reasonable. I've used it extensively on 3 drones now with zero problems.

thanks that's good to know.  
2020-10-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-19 02:16
thanks that's good to know.

No problem
2020-10-19