Automated Flight Video Mode wont work?!?
944 4 2020-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Chambless
lvl.1

United States

(USING A PHANTOM 4 RTK WITH GROUND STATION)

I am trying to fly a linear canal and take a video but am wanting to have it videoed under automated flight for a smoother and more stable flight and video.

I have tried multiple automated flights using linear and waypoints and each time the program stated that camera is in video mode and to switch modes or continue uploading.

Even if I try to coninue uplaoding the upload will fail.  However if I switch to photo mode the program will upload and fly to the waypoints that ipreviously set and just take a photo. (pretty useless)

If someone can point me in the direction of how to do a automated video flight it would be greatly appreciated. (videos, forums, pdf's, dji suppost, anything?!?)

I never would have thought that getting a automated video would be harder than getting an orthophoto

Thanks,

Jason

2020-10-16
Use props
angajkos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 628606 ft
North Macedonia

Did you found a solution about this problem?
2022-1-28
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

The GS RTK app for automated flight with the P4R does not have a video mode like Litchi. If you want to do pre-programmed automated flight while recording video, use a different drone. That's not what the P4R is designed for.
2022-1-28
Use props
sewings
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19925 ft
Australia

patiam Posted at 1-28 22:30
The GS RTK app for automated flight with the P4R does not have a video mode like Litchi. If you want to do pre-programmed automated flight while recording video, use a different drone. That's not what the P4R is designed for.

When I fly north with the P4PRO RTK some 1,000 miles to map a site in Western Australia it is more than nuisance value that the RTK cannot perform straightforward programmed video transects. Not a big ask to include programmed video function when this feature is available on nearly every other DJI product. Carrying the P4PRO RTK and base station plus another case on domestic flights and charted aircraft to capture 10 minutes of programmed video is expensive and inconvenient.  
2022-9-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

yeah it also doesn't do panoramas. i carry an M2P on every mission just to do those. nonsensical limitations, but known since the release of the P4R.

as you said these things are not big asks. but asking for it here won't make a lick of difference.
nice Gyro Captain avatar BTW.
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules