Lost during RTH
945 4 2020-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
szwedmichael
lvl.1

United States

My class was flying the DJI Spark when it got to low battery and initiated a return to home on its own. It then went straight up and took off flying. It is now lost and we could not find it around the school or at the location the flight log indicated. Any suggestions?

Flight Log:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZVVCWO3YU7P2VEOOG3CG/
2020-10-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Sorry for you loss, but too many things went wrong.

1) start a flight with only 32% batt [ you never know why you need all the juice.... ]
2) started without a GPS lock! only 3 to 4 satellites and no reception.
3) HomePoint not set ofcourse....need 4 bar for reception and more than 6 - 8 sats
4) After 22 secs in flight in P-GPS mode, but only 2 for reception, thus GPS possible not accurate enough
5) After 26s again in OPTI mode. 33s in P-GPS, 38s OPTI, 45s P-GPS
6) At 2m smartbattey RTH mode. Spark onl;y 20 meters away
7) RTH height at 60 meter!  bit high i guess for this flight
8) at 2m17 RTH cancelled by you
9) at2m21 YAW errors and GPS position errors and a compass error;  thus into ATTI mode
10) In ATTI it drifted away! No inputs on the RC to get Spark back home

Did you have your email or phone # on the drone?

Good news : it autolanded due to critical low battery at 42.84710300, -78.81500300

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-10-17
Use props
szwedmichael
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 10-17 04:38
Hi,

Sorry for you loss, but too many things went wrong.
[Image]
I was not the pilot at the time I am just a student in the class. We checked that location and could not find it. Our information should be on it and the SD card. Thanks for the help
2020-10-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read of your loss
2020-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there szwedmichael. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Spark. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules