Should I keep Osmo action
488 4 2020-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd7502db1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Amazon deals brings me osmo action for 217$ after tax and go pro 8 black 242$ after tax. I am big fan of DJI and I owned phantom 3 pro, phantom 4, mavic air and mavic mini. I love everything about OA : easy menu, easy battery lock (stupid gopro 8 battery lock hurt my finger so badly), battery life so good and OA is not so so hot like gopro 8 when I record 4k video. But the problem is OM image quality even I record video in 4k 30 fps, 60 fps is likely inferior conparing to gopro 8 black. I still dont get it, DJI is well known making making good drone camera, they should never ever make a mistake like this. Regular price gopro 8 black is 350$ and OA IS 250$. It could be a shame because 4k video of OA is nothing  different to 100$ Xiao Mi camera. I hate everything of Gopro 8 black but its image quaity is so good. Is there any way to improve the OA image quality ?? Guys please help me!!
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't see why not
2020-10-17
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Sure. Why not?
2020-10-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for 'these information you have given us. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from out DJI Members who owns the DJI Osmo Action and onthere experience about this matter. Thank you.
2020-10-18
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The gopro8 has more detail in the image for sure, but it doesn’t mean you cant get good footage from the action.

The usual criteria of a small sensor camera needs good light.  Manual mode is a must, limit the maximum iso, limit fast pans etc .....  

Also if you don’t need image stabilisation, ie tripod use, turn off EIS this will give you an instant sharpness improvement.

Good luck, the Action is great value for money right now.
2020-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules