Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller GL300C ticking bomb
2434 2 2020-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I had this P3P/GL300A in my closet for five years, had only 9 minutes test flight time when I packed it away (as shown in my erarlier post). Just took it out and only from sitting in a controlled enviroment it had a "disconnected" issue...things only got worse after craft/controller firmware upgrade(s) and latest GO. No choice but to send it away. DJI replaced both craft/gimbal mainboards when I'm pretty sure a simple BIOS flash and fresh firmware install would have been cheap and fast, but what do I know.... accept I cannot complain, after 5 years DJI paid for the mainboards, new controller and shipping both ways.
My issue is I requested in writing (sent with bird) and with a Rep in Shenzhen (whom called me) that I insisted that my GL300"A" be sent back because I really needed the da vinci chip as I am using a mini3 with an A7 CPU plus the extra power was great, had zero video issues and had gone out 3 miles...no tests as of yet though.
Ok back to the controller, I gave it a full charge, it's been 8 hours since off the charger and it is still making this ticking noise....ticks every second and ocasionally when I pick it up to see if it stopped it is ticking about 8-10 times per second.
TURN UP THE VOLUME.....and notice the controller isn't even on....when I do power it up the ticking stops.

2020-10-16
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

REALLY....STILL AFTER 26 HOURS !! ONLY A MECHANICAL TIME PIECE WOULD TICK !! I CAN'T EVEN GO TO BED UNLESS THE CONTROLLER IS SECURE IN CAST IRON CROCKPOT WITH THE LID STRAPPED SECURE, INCASE THE BATTERY DECIDES TO BLOW UP. AS WAS WITH BEFORE, NOTICE THE CONTROLLER IS NOT EVEN POWERED UP. THANKS FOR THE GREAT REPAIR DJI AND WITHHOLDING MY GL300"A" AND GIVING ME THIS $HIT "C" MODEL. WORST PART IS MY OTHER P3P/"A"CONTOLLER HAS TO GO INTO THE SHOP (ALSO BECAUSE OF FIRMWARE UPDATES.... GUEST THEY WILL TAKE MY OTHER GL300"A" AS WELL.....I NEED THE DA VINCI CHIP !
.....also a side note,   being afraid to even fly the thing, I was hovering in my livingroom 4 inches from the floor to discharge the battery and the second it hit 15% the motors stopped and it fell !! ............what if it happened if I was out shooting !!

2020-10-17
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Good to know!
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules