382 5 2020-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi Forum,

I have bought the polarpro lens cover for my P4P v2.0.

The lens cover is not tightly fit, and sometimes it can fall off.

My major concern is the 90 degree arm portion of this lens cover (circled in red in 1st photo), it slightly pushes the gimbal back from its neutral position (2nd photo).   Is it alright to push the gimbal backward somewhat for storage and for transportation?   Will it damage the gimbal mechanics ?

May I ask if anyone is using this product and run into the same concern ?

The reason I got this lens cover, because I am using those Polarpro filters.

Lenscover.jpg GimbalPushedBack.jpg

Thanks
Sam.

2020-10-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would it help, to remove the filters and replace the standard glass lens cover before fitting the gimbal clamp? The gimbal does seem to be out of alignment in your photo.
2020-10-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The stock front camera cover does the same thing.  You are supposed to use the one for the back that came w/ the drone so it pushes that down but I don't think it matters too much.
2020-10-17
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Yes.  It does not show well in the photo.  But it does push back , say 1 mm or so.

The stock front camera cover does not work with PolarPro filter, which is a bit bigger than the origin neutral protective filter that came with the P4P v2.0.  I do take your advice to put back the back one to push it down a bit.

The whole idea is to keep the PolarPro filter on all the time, and no need to swap with the original P4P lens protective cover.   That is why I purchase the PolarPro lens cover.   But I wonder if PolarPro aware the fitting is not well in their product.

Thanks
Sam.

2020-10-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-17 03:35
The stock front camera cover does the same thing.  You are supposed to use the one for the back that came w/ the drone so it pushes that down but I don't think it matters too much.

You mean that little foam piece. Yep, that helps to keep the gimbal stable in storage
2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sam. Thank you for reachig out and fro posting these information here at DJI Forum. Since this is a 3rd party accessory fro your DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilot who uses the said lens cover. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party accessory on your DJI Drones. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work properly. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the safety of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules