Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi Forum,

I got 4 batteries for P4P v2.0.

If each battery can fly for 20 minutes or so, then 4 batteries can fly for 80 minutes or so.

But I notice after just 1 flight, both the battery and the P4P v2.0 got very hot.  So, I hesitate to put in a second battery and keep flying for another round.

I know high temperature can lower the battery life.   If so, is that meant I cannot fly more than 1 battery?
May I ask how long can I fly the P4P v2.0 continuously at each time with how many batteries on a row ?

Any suggestion ?

Also, the outdoor temperature is about 33 degree Celsius or 91.4 Fahrenheit.

Are there some guideline about the weather temperature, the operating temperature of the P4P v2.0 and the batteries ?
Will the P4P v2.0 get too hot and stop working in a flight and drop off the sky ?

How does people take video or photo for longer than 1 battery at a time ?

Also, when I am charging the batteries at home (using the DJ charging hub or direct plug to each battey one at a time) or use a car charger (all from DJI product), the wall charger and the car charger both get extremely hot.  Is it normal ?  What do I need to do ?  How to keep the temperature down during charging, etc.?

Thanks
Sam.

2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sam. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. The DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 has an operating temperature range of 32° to 104°F ( 0° to 40°C ). I will post a DJI Forum link on how many batteries can phantom 4 flight continuously ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-61356-1-1.html ) and a DJI Tutorial video on Flying in Hot and Cold Weather. Thank you.

2020-10-18
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

I often use more batteries during my flights..so I often have reached temperatures like 50-60 degrees but never received any warning..even during the winter for low temperatures.
the only important thing is to let the batteries cool off before charging them again and warm them before flight in cold temperatures
2020-11-3
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

But DJI said the temperature should be within 40 degree C, your measurement is like mine way above 40 degree C.   In fact, I can hardly keep the temperature below 40 degree C.   
I also use multiple batteries at a time, but even the very first flight, the temperature had already reached above 55 degrees C.

Does DJI have anything to say about this ?

Thanks
Sam.
2020-11-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi - Post #2 refers to ambient temperature, not battery temperature.  Once the flight starts, the temp range of the battery will be relative to but warmer than ambient temp.  Therefore, IMO, it's a good idea to start a flight with a battery no lower than 20C and no higher than 25C regardless of the ambient temp.  My P2 and P3 batteries get above 40C about every flight unless it's the dead of winter.  It's normal.  Once my battery hit 60C.  It's only happened once as far as I know.  No warnings.  Nothing ever happens.  I land safely every time.  Good luck.  

2020-11-5
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Italy

Drone AV Posted at 11-3 11:12
But DJI said the temperature should be within 40 degree C, your measurement is like mine way above 40 degree C.   In fact, I can hardly keep the temperature below 40 degree C.   
I also use multiple batteries at a time, but even the very first flight, the temperature had already reached above 55 degrees C.

I always upload my flights into the Airdata  website and I can tell you that you can stay below 40° if you flight less than 10 mins...otherwise due the weather condition or the type of flight, temperatures will always be from 45 to 55 more or less..
it's anyway a safe range..
2020-11-5
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Italy

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-5 04:36
Hi - Post #2 refers to ambient temperature, not battery temperature.  The temp range of the battery will be relative to but warmer than ambient temp.  Therefore, IMO, it's a good idea to start a flight with a battery no lower than 20C and no higher than 25C regardless of the ambient temp.  My P2 and P3 batteries get above 40C about every flight unless it's the dead of winter.  It's normal.  Once my battery hit 60C.  No warnings.  Nothing ever happens.  I land safely every time.  Good luck.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0D9OcT3GI0

I've even flown in cold winters 5-6° with a small payload and I saw over 60° and no warnings..
2020-11-5
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Thanks all for your inputs.  I understand now.

Thanks for pointing out that 0 to 40 C is the ambient temperature, not battery temperature.

Is there a way to see the battery temperature during a flight with the DJI GO 4 Pro Android app?  Or I can only find out after the flight and look at the flight data on my laptop ?

Hi Mark The Droner, may I ask what flight data software are you using in the above video?  I am using AirData, but yours seems more interesting.

2020-11-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Drone AV Posted at 11-5 12:10
Thanks all for your inputs.  I understand now.

Thanks for pointing out that 0 to 40 C is the ambient temperature, not battery temperature.

I'm not sure about your first question, I don't have a P4.  I don't think I can see temp on my P3 flight app.  I don't worry about it.  I just worry about starting the flight with the battery between 20C and 25C.  If I do that, everything works out.  :-)  

Re the second question, on the P2 I use the data log from my Flytrex Core which is an onboard logging device and also I use the Litchi log for the battery data since Flytrex doesn't include battery data.  On the P3, I use the onboard DJI log for most of the data (which can be converted to CSV with a free program called DATCON), but I also use the DJI mobile device log for four of the inputs (e.g. date/time) which can be converted to CSV via the free PhantomHelp site.   

Good luck
2020-11-5
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

May I ask how do you get the flight video with all these data and charts and MC sticks displayed around the video?

Thanks
Sam.
2020-11-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Drone AV Posted at 11-6 01:53
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes - you have to have software which will overlay the graphics (called gauges) onto your existing video file.  That's your template, which you can use repeatedly on all your videos.  Then you use the same software to merge your csv log(s) into the file.  If you set it up perfectly, it will be seamless - you'd just have to sync the data log(s) with the vid.  I think the best software is probably Dashware, but I don't know for sure.  Dashware is no longer supported, but it still works great and you can still download it for free.  Dashware is extremely powerful but it takes a lot of time to learn completely, although you can do very simple videos right away with existing templates.  

Here's an example of a simple video which one can create very easily because the template is ready to go.  Notice that the longitude is missing - he didn't set that column of data up correctly.  

http://www.dashware.net/

2020-11-6
Use props
Manu P4P Paris
lvl.4
Italy

only for win though..
2020-11-13
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3