AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

• RS2 is more stable than the Ronin-S due to the bigger motors
  • RS2 allows for remote visual activetrack control
  • RS2 has the focus/zoom dial on the front which is nice
  • RS2 can target autotrack directly from the gimbal which could be considered massive.  Basically, go into selfie mode, target yourself, now walk around and it should be able to 100% track you if you don't go too far if you max the Activetrack Speed to 30.  On the Ronin-S, someone else has to draw a box around you for it to track and if it loses focus they have to come back and do it again

For the price.. that is up to you but you can pretty much get nearly the same stability from the Ronin-S but not as much because the motors are more powerful and I assume the drivers are better.  Screen control responsiveness feels like a Gopro 8/9 touch screen.  Screen looks like an OLED watch.  Gimbal feels very premium and smooth.  Ronin-S is smooth but this is on another level of smooth in feel wise.  It's not completely different, just more fluid.  Might as well just get the RSC-2.

Activetrack could be considered like hiring another camera operator or assistant.

2020-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with RS2, which would be very helpful for other users who are interest in Ronin series to make their decision. Happy weekend.
2020-10-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-18 01:57
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with RS2, which would be very helpful for other users who are interest in Ronin series to make their decision. Happy weekend.

Please continue to update the DJI RS2 of any new findings and features as you guys do w/ the other DJI products that make them work perfectly.

Is it Advisable to auto calibrate every lens swap or turn on?  It seems to make a lot of noise in a motor appearing to put a lot of stress on it?
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which one will you be buying?
2020-10-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 14:26
Which one will you be buying?

I have the RS2 but if money is tight, you can use the Ronin-S.  I just need the tracking features so I can be hands-off and it can film what I'm doing.  I have yet to do it but hopefully soon.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-18 16:27
I have the RS2 but if money is tight, you can use the Ronin-S.  I just need the tracking features so I can be hands-off and it can film what I'm doing.  I have yet to do it but hopefully soon.

Congrats mate
2020-10-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If people have enough money, you can have 5 of them track.
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-19 03:02
If people have enough money, you can have 5 of them track.

Good to know mate
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AntDX316 Posted at 10-18 02:50
Please continue to update the DJI RS2 of any new findings and features as you guys do w/ the other DJI products that make them work perfectly.

Is it Advisable to auto calibrate every lens swap or turn on?  It seems to make a lot of noise in a motor appearing to put a lot of stress on it?

Sorry for the delayed response, it is recommended to Auto Tune when the lens is swapped to obtain the stiffness value automatically after balancing based on the weight of the gimbal setup.
We will keep optimizing the RS2 to make you have better experience.
2020-10-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-23 01:10
Sorry for the delayed response, it is recommended to Auto Tune when the lens is swapped to obtain the stiffness value automatically after balancing based on the weight of the gimbal setup.
We will keep optimizing the RS2 to make you have better experience.

I do that but the oscillations still exist w/ the focal length gets longer so there has to be a way to fix this with Activetrack 3.0.
2020-10-23
Use props
PinholeR5
lvl.1

United States

On the subject of reasons for the Ronin S 2 vs the Ronin S, is camera support a real consideration?  I got the Ronin S because I fealt I didn't need the extra functionality or improvements, but was unfortunately not careful enough to lookup the set of supported cameras.  I was planning to use the Ronin S with my Canon R5, but it is not in the list of supported cameras for the Ronin S.  Is this just a matter of time for a firmware update or a deal-breaker and I have to sell the Ronin S and save up for a Ronin S 2?
2020-12-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PinholeR5 Posted at 12-8 10:00
On the subject of reasons for the Ronin S 2 vs the Ronin S, is camera support a real consideration?  I got the Ronin S because I fealt I didn't need the extra functionality or improvements, but was unfortunately not careful enough to lookup the set of supported cameras.  I was planning to use the Ronin S with my Canon R5, but it is not in the list of supported cameras for the Ronin S.  Is this just a matter of time for a firmware update or a deal-breaker and I have to sell the Ronin S and save up for a Ronin S 2?

If you aren't using the Raveneye it doesn't really matter too much.  It's a bit more stable.  If I didn't have extra money for production equipment I wouldn't have gotten it.  I'm going to try the RS2 Raveneye tracking w/ the slider to see what happens w/ that.
2020-12-9
Use props
fansbe076ed0
New

South Africa

Does anyone know if the small rig dual handle for the ronin s will fit on the rs2?
2020-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules