Battery Problems
625 6 2020-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

Went to fly the Drone while on holidays and noticed that out of the 3 flight batterys that I have only one  fitted the drone as it has done 40 or 50 times before, the other two were very hard to lock in. On closer inspection I have noticed that there is a fair amount of swelling at the back of the batterys and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I now have to purchase two new ones and they are not cheap or is there a generic brand that anyone knows of. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks Guys and Gals

2020-10-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This has become a general problem with the batteries, best would be is to reach out to Dji and hope they replace them for you but don't risk flying with them.
2020-10-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the batteries are swollen to that extent, they've had it. Don't try to use them whatever you do. And I would stay away from "generic" batteries if such exist. Stick with DJI genuine articles.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Once they are that damaged they become a liability to fly them - you could lose the drone or worse. Not worth the risk.
2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the batteries of your DJI Mavic Pro. Battery swelling is basically caused by to much heat, vast changes in temperature and/or moisture getting into the battery itself. The lifespan and condition of the battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please do not use bloated or bulging batteries when flying or operating your drone so that the drone's performance will not be affected or compromised . Using bloated or bulging batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.
2020-10-18
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

This swallwn battery issue is very common with the early 2018 batch, and DJI has silently aknowledged the fact by replacing some of them even though the warrnty period was long gone. Especially if they have a low number of charge cycles.

Best thing to do is to contact their support and then take it from there.

I've personally had one battery replaced like that, manufactured in 08/2018, but I've read about others that didn't have much luck. It's basically a case by case matter for DJI.
2020-10-19
Use props
djiuser_ezBcngOd0ZEG
lvl.1
Australia

xagoras Posted at 10-19 04:39
This swallwn battery issue is very common with the early 2018 batch, and DJI has silently aknowledged the fact by replacing some of them even though the warrnty period was long gone. Especially if they have a low number of charge cycles.

Best thing to do is to contact their support and then take it from there.

I have contacted DJI Support and was told that it is out of warranty and therefore not their problem, I really think it is very bad customer support and believe that if they knew that this batch had problems they should be replaced had a recall and issued new batteries.
2020-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules