Can Raveneye and XBox controller be used at the same time?
6014 14 2020-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InterMurph
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I bought my RS2 to use it as a remote pan/tilt/zoom tripod with video monitoring.  
First, I did manage to get the Raveneye working.  When I instruct the app to connect to Raveneye, it does, and I can see the live video.

Second, I did manage to get the XBox controller paired and working.  When I go to the Create/Gaming controller screen, I am able to control the movement of the gimbal.

But I can't seem to do those two things at the same time.  The XBox controller only seems to work when I am on that screen in the app.  But I don't want to be on that screen in the app; I want to be on the Raveneye video monitoring screen.  And when I go there, the XBox controller stops working.

Is it not possible to use both the XBox controller and the Raveneye video monitoring at the same time?

And if not, when can support for this be added?

2020-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi InterMurph, it is not recommended to use the XBox controller and the Raveneye at the same time, but your need will ve forwarded to our R&D department for consideration, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.
2020-10-18
Use props
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

which  wireless  remote controle (with haptic controle) works with  rs2 then?  does sbus still work over the focus wheel input?
2020-10-18
Use props
bricemilleson
New

United States

I have a related question! When using the raveneye with an iPhone or iPad to monitor, can I use the base extension kit with included handle to still operate the gimbal? Or, do i have to use the software controls within the app?
2020-10-20
Use props
fans4dbfbc2d
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-18 20:19
Hi InterMurph, it is not recommended to use the XBox controller and the Raveneye at the same time, but your need will ve forwarded to our R&D department for consideration, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.

Please consider this. It would make the ronin more operable when on hydra mount or in locations we can’t access.
2020-11-29
Use props
fanse38e9fad
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-10-18 20:19
Hi InterMurph, it is not recommended to use the XBox controller and the Raveneye at the same time, but your need will ve forwarded to our R&D department for consideration, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.

This is a must-have with car mount operations! I can't believe it won't work. I will go back to using my teradek and the controller until you guys add this in.
2021-1-14
Use props
Blum
lvl.1
Germany

Yes, please!!!
2021-3-17
Use props
Blum
lvl.1
Germany

Hi InterMurph, it is not recommended to use the XBox controller and the Raveneye at the same time, but your need will ve forwarded to our R&D department for consideration, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.

I also was wondering why it don´t work both at same time. I took it for granted because that´s so many usecases where you need to see on screen what you do with the game controller. With GH5 would be then also useless because the backscreen of GH5 gets dark when conncted to raveneye. With game controlIer connected I only can see the frame I´m filming on that little screen on the RS2...
That´s crazy
So please implement it!
Many people will find it very helpful..
Thanks in advance ;-)
2021-3-17
Use props
Blum
lvl.1
Germany

As I mentioned before I´m also really missing the function to see the video on my smartphone while using game controller. Accidently I just found a workaround what seams to work fluently with iphone X.
In the Ronin App when connected to Raveneye, start the game controller, then change to another app while the ronin app is still open. Then go back to Ronin app, confirm that Raveneye was diconnected and:
Yo, you see the video transmision and can still use the game controller!!  ;-)

Another problem I got on iphone X is that I can change the camera parameter for ISO and speed easy by clickong on them but aperture I can click 20 times and one time it reacts, I think there must be a problem with the defined area to click. I tried with old iphone 6s, there the problem don´t happen. I tried on ipad mini, was also no problem but the video transmission is distorted every few seconds, changing GHz on raveneye also didn´t helped. But anyway I use my iphone X normally, so it would be great if you could fix this very soon because it´s a function what is needed very often...
2021-3-18
Use props
Blum
lvl.1
Germany

with a trick it can, I decribed how here in this threat
2021-3-19
Use props
neilw_uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI please make this feature to use raveneye and game controller at the same time. For remote operations like car mounted it’s a must.
2021-4-3
Use props
DJTale2003
lvl.1
Germany

I agree to the request. I bought the RS2 because everyone is talking about compatibility with a ps4 controller. the ps4 controller is a remote control. What does a remote control do without the picture? if i can see the picture on the camera i don't need a remote control.
the hack with the iphone shows that the operation works with the raveneye image. unfortunately this does not work with android. so the unique selling point is gone. I will probably return my RS2 and look around for an alternative. maybe dji will manage to implement the function in the next update at short notice. then it would actually be the perfect gimbal and my search would come to an end!
2021-4-3
Use props
djiuser_bEpuFhsEaUXq
New
Flight distance : 30410 ft
Canada

Its could also be benificial as a wireless option while running a livestream. Most live streaming software can take an ipad or iphone screen and mirror it. But this is useless if you have the virtual joystick on the screen ruining the shot but if you can use the game controller to move the gimbal and tap the screen to hide displays from the raveneye, the camera placement possibilities are endless!  It would add so much more versatility to an already versatile product!
2021-4-24
Use props
Lobsang
lvl.1
Australia

I have the same issue
I just bought a game controller specifically for the Ronin so I could get finer control than a touch screen for fast moving pans.
But that's now completely useless since you don't have a view screen of what you are filming when the gimbal is mounted away from you.

I even tried connecting a phone to the Gimbal via bluetooth and a Tablet to the Raveneye via Wifi
It actually worked.... for about 5 seconds
Then the control stopped and I was left with the live view only.
2021-10-1
Use props
Lobsang
lvl.1
Australia

Another improvement that might be simpler to achieve would be to allow a larger virtual joystick on a tablet with live view.
If it had 3 rings around the joystick, you could have greater control over slow panning in the first ring and fast panning in the outer ring.
At the moment its too small to use accurately.
2021-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules