797 4 2020-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi Forum,

I found there are 4 ways of getting a flight record file.  Some can be displayed and some cannot.

1) When connecting the P4Pv2.0 to a laptop through a USB2.0 Cable, a folder show up in my laptop, which containing all the flight records stored inside the P4Pv2.0 internal memory.  These flight records are named as FLY###.DAT.   I can copy all these *.DAT files to my laptop and use AVData to view the flight information.

2) When connecting the P4Pv2.0 to a laptop through a USB2.0 Cable, I start the DJI Assistant 2.0 and Export Log all the internal flight record one at a time to the laptop.   These files are named EXPORT_FILE_2020-xx-yy_zz-ww-ss.DAT  (xx, yy are date, zz we as are time).  But not all these *.DAT can be viewed inside AVDATA.

3) On my cell phone DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord folder, , there are flight record files in the format of 20-10-15-03-45-49_FLY029.DAT.   But these are different from 1) and 2).

3) On my cell phone DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords folder, there are flight record files in the format of DJIFlightRecord_2020-09-02_[14-34-31].txt.  But these are *.txt file, and still recognized as flight records by AVDATA.  Inside AVDATA, *.txt file gives much more detail of the flight than *.DAT.

May I ask why there are so many flight records recording the same flight?  Which one should I use ?
Why the exported log file (*.DAT) from DJI Assistant 2.0 cannot always be viewed inside AVDATA?

Thanks,
Sam.
2020-10-17
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

I suggest you take a look at
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... alysis-guide.78627/

And download and install CsvView
http://datfile.net/CsvView/downloads.html

The .DAT has a lot more info than the .txt.

2020-10-29
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Thanks BudWalker, I will read these.
I am using AVData, and find there are more information from .txt than from .DAT.  The *.txt will give a full description of warning, but *.DAT will only give a warning inside AVDATA.  Will try CsvView and see the difference.   Thanks. Sam.
2020-10-29
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone AV Posted at 10-29 11:49
Thanks BudWalker, I will read these.
I am using AVData, and find there are more information from .txt than from .DAT.  The *.txt will give a full description of warning, but *.DAT will only give a warning inside AVDATA.  Will try CsvView and see the difference.   Thanks. Sam.

I'm not familiar with AVData. Can you provide a link?
2020-10-29
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Sorry, my bad, being sloppy.
It is AIRDATA UAV.
https://airdata.com/

Thanks
Sam.
2020-10-29