RS1 has better accessories for Car Rigs than RS2!?
876 0 2020-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmphilms
lvl.2
United States

I have a Ronin-S that we have for multiple uses including using it as apart of our car rig and at first glance, the new RS2 seems to be our next purchase in our fleet of DJI Products but when I took a closer look at the accessories and abilities of the RS2 there are some things that are missing that would impact our way of filming.  I'm sure other current Ronin-S users who use it to car mount will run into the same hesitations on upgrading.  Below is our camera rig setup (from the ronin down) that we use with some notes on what I see is missing.
Our Setup With the Ronin S:

-GH5 and GH5s (great there is support for them in the RS2)
-Teradek  (awesome to hear DJI came out with their own thing that adds compatibility in viewing and controlling
-DJI's universal mount (its great that we can use d-tap to go into a vmount battery to have all day power not sure if the new one has this option)
-DJI's dummy battery (it looks like DJI isn't supporting powering camera's anymore on the RS2 or limiting which cameras from what I saw no more 12v accessories)
-DJI's GPS module (this is crucial on a car mount rig. when you take a corner it keeps the Ronin pointed in the same direction (i.e camera is pointed back, take a left the camera remains pointed back) without it the camera then aims in a undesired area which requires reframing (ie. camera is pointed back, take left turn, camera is pointed out left side of car).  Is a GPS built-in? Will an accessory be brought out for it?

DJI or anyone reading this if you have any solutions for my qualms for the RS2 that would be great.  I know some can be solved such as the battery and figuring out a powered cable solution but having those options built into my original ronin and larger gimbals is a big factor.
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules