DJI Mavic Mini 2 - Most Requested Features & Latest News!
672 12 2020-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadcopterGuide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello Everyone,
last weeks video was nuts, so much great feedback. Here are the latest news and your requested features on the dji mavic mini 2:

Looking forward to what you guys think,
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would like it to be 50g and the size of my thumb
2020-10-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-18
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

• < 250g
  • at least 2.7k video (i don't need 4k)
  • >= 1km range
  • >= 20 min flight time
  • relatively low noise
  • <= 400 EUR price point

oh wait.... I already have that :-) and I'm more than happy with it.

Now seriously, there is just one actual improvement I'd like to see:

Better ground impact avoidance. It is too easy to fly the MM into the ground IMHO. There should be a fool-proof  mechanism that makes the MM bounce off the ground unless the pilot explicitly asks for a landing, and it should protect against both pilot errors and GPS/IMU/baro measurement errors. If that can be done with a firmware update, fine, there would be no compelling reasons left for me. But it might need a better downward looking sensor and more processing power perhaps.

If there could be a new prop design that is more efficient and perhaps even more silent, fine, I'd like that too. Making drones less noisy will improve acceptance with the general public (either because they feel less bothered or don't even notice the drone at all above a certain altitude :-) ).

Cheers
HBE

2020-10-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only downside to the Mini mark one, for me, is the LOUD and whiny motors. In all other respects, it's fine.
2020-10-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-10-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Directions lights , red and green  and a strobe and I’d be happy.
2020-10-18
Use props
itsdavesdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If they add RAW ability for photos the mini would be epic. Even D-LOG for video. The transmission is good enough for what most people need. 4k really isn't a lot different to 2.7k. Most would struggle to tell the difference between the two. They can't really add sensors etc for active tracking without adding weight so it will be interesting to see what exactly is different.

My guess is they will just add 4k. If they are able to add Occusync 2.0 without adding any extra weight it will be interesting but honestly the things that restricts the mini is due to it's size. It's ability to fight wind is due to it's size and motor strength.
2020-10-18
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

the new mini most definitely will have occusync apart from the 4k. the wifi is not very user friendly beginner type of thing...i really hope also for raw. If it is only 4k i doubt anybody will even consider upgrading.
2020-10-18
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

sbonev Posted at 10-18 15:08
the new mini most definitely will have occusync apart from the 4k. the wifi is not very user friendly beginner type of thing...i really hope also for raw. If it is only 4k i doubt anybody will even consider upgrading.

The wifi is ok though. at least for us version
2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi QuadcopterGuide, thank you for sharing your feedback. The feature requests are really good. Stay tuned to the DJI's Newsroom for more updates and product releases. You can refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/newsroom. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-19
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

DJI Newsroom link above   error
SORRY,THAT PAGE DOESN’T EXIST OR IS UNAVAILABLE.
Working Link - https://www.dji.com/newsroom?site=brandsite&from=nav

2020-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules