Mavic Pro 2
867 16 2020-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

I purchased a mavic 2 pro in September 2020, and after a month of use I am getting a "IMU error. Please calibrate IMU" when i connect my smart controller to the aircraft. Once I calibrate the IMU, it says "calibration successful". Then seconds later it shows the same "IMU error". I have tried this several times, with the same result. I have tried everything, besides a factory reset. I am beyond frustrated with this problem. Please help if possible.
Thanks,
-Dominic
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you get the same issue with the standard remote?
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 09:12
Do you get the same issue with the standard remote?

I ordered the drone with th smart contoller, so i never had the other remote
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A Posted at 10-18 09:19
I ordered the drone with th smart contoller, so i never had the other remote

Ah, I see. The IMU would have nothing to do with the RC anyway but you mentioned the SC a few times so I thought it may have had a link.

Wait for the drone to completely cool down, place it on a perfectly flat surface away from any vibrations and carefully perform the calibration again. It if still fails you may need to return the drone for replacement.
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 09:25
Ah, I see. The IMU would have nothing to do with the RC anyway but you mentioned the SC a few times so I thought it may have had a link.

Wait for the drone to completely cool down, place it on a perfectly flat surface away from any vibrations and carefully perform the calibration again. It if still fails you may need to return the drone for replacement.

I did that, it cooled for 3 days and i tried it again, i just dont want a refurbished drone, when it comes to this price
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A Posted at 10-18 09:28
I did that, it cooled for 3 days and i tried it again, i just dont want a refurbished drone, when it comes to this price

That is totally understandable. I would liaise with someone at DJI and insist on making what they call a DOA claim under warranty given how new it is. They will replace the drone with a brand new one if upheld.
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 09:34
That is totally understandable. I would liaise with someone at DJI and insist on making what they call a DOA claim under warranty given how new it is. They will replace the drone with a brand new one if upheld.

Thank you, I will go the route you said!!!
I appreciate you, and all of your help
-Dominic
2020-10-18
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A Posted at 10-18 09:37
-Dominic

let us know how it works out
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A Posted at 10-18 09:37
-Dominic

You're welcome Dominic - fingers crossed for you!

-Andrew
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

Should I do factory reset? Will this fix the issue
2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching us regarding the concern, I am sorry to read and to know the issue that you've encountered with your DJI Mavic 2 pro. Was there any other error messages showing on the DJI Go 4 Application? Please provide us screenshot of the Overall status. In addition, was the firmware already up to date? If incase the firmware is not yet updated, we suggest for you to kindly update it then give it a try to recalibrate the IMU afterwards. You may refer to this official video tutorial we have for you.  
2020-10-19
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 05:54
Hello there. Thank you for reaching us regarding the concern, I am sorry to read and to know the issue that you've encountered with your DJI Mavic 2 pro. Was there any other error messages showing on the DJI Go 4 Application? Please provide us screenshot of the Overall status. In addition, was the firmware already up to date? If incase the firmware is not yet updated, we suggest for you to kindly update it then give it a try to recalibrate the IMU afterwards. You may refer to this official video tutorial we have for you.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

Thank you for the reply. I have the latest firmware updated!!!
I will send the pics you requested.
Thanks
Dominic
20201019_083844.jpg
20201019_083848.jpg
20201019_083910.jpg
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for the information. What I can suggest is to kindly re-calibrate the IMU on a flat surface and without any metallic objects near the drone. We can also isolate and check if the concern will persist upon refreshing the firmware of the drone using the DJI Assistant 2 on a computer. If in case the issue still persists, for us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to assist you. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.

2020-10-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A Posted at 10-18 11:53
Should I do factory reset? Will this fix the issue

You can try but honestly, you'll probably just delay the inevitable
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

I just got a hold of DJI technical support and I am going to send my drone in for repair, I am hopefull for a quick turnaround time!!! Thanks for everyone's help, I will send updates on this issue
Cheers
-Dom
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_iTgsf2JkQ56A
lvl.2
United States

I sent my drone into DJI and they fixed the issue, it was under warranty still, so it was no cost to me. Great service and turnaround time.
2020-11-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules