432 9 2020-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mountain_Mavic Air
lvl.3
Flight distance : 895751 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying today and my drone kept disconnecting from my phone.  The controller stayed connected the whole time, but the controller would disconnect from my phone sometimes.  I was flying on a used battery, that I used with my other mavic air 2, before it crashed.  The battery had been used six times before.  Could this be the issue? Or not.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The flight battery will have no effect on the signal between the RC and your device. Try using another cable
2020-10-18
Use props
Mountain_Mavic Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 08:04
The flight battery will have no effect on the signal between the RC and your device. Try using another cable

I only have one lightning to USB-C cable.  I could buy another but I would rather not.  It was quite dirty, so I cleaned it and I'm hoping that fixes it.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mountain_Mavic Air Posted at 10-18 08:07
I only have one lightning to USB-C cable.  I could buy another but I would rather not.  It was quite dirty, so I cleaned it and I'm hoping that fixes it.

Yeah, always keep the connectors clean - especially the batteries too but also the connector leads
2020-10-18
Use props
Mountain_Mavic Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 08:08
Yeah, always keep the connectors clean - especially the batteries too but also the connector leads

OK, I was flying my other drone, when it crashed near a beach, and so I set the controller down in a rush and got sand in it.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mountain_Mavic Air Posted at 10-18 08:10
OK, I was flying my other drone, when it crashed near a beach, and so I set the controller down in a rush and got sand in it.

Hopefully it will stop the disconnects now you've cleaned it otherwise, you may need to buy a new one. You can get them from the DJI online store if needs be.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching us regarding the concern and sorry to read and to know about the issue that you've encountered with your Mavic air 2 remote. We can isolate and check if the concern is regarding the RC Cable or the remote, if it is possible for us to use a different RC cable to test it out, please give it a try. We can also try to borrow or use a different mobile device to see if it will also occur to further isolate the issue. Thank you.
2020-10-19
Use props
Mountain_Mavic Air
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 06:12
Hi there. Thank you for reaching us regarding the concern and sorry to read and to know about the issue that you've encountered with your Mavic air 2 remote. We can isolate and check if the concern is regarding the RC Cable or the remote, if it is possible for us to use a different RC cable to test it out, please give it a try. We can also try to borrow or use a different mobile device to see if it will also occur to further isolate the issue. Thank you.

Ok, Thanks!!  I am in an area of Colorado, where as of 3 P.M yesterday was on a flight ban due to fires and planes flying nearby constantly.  I will have plenty of time to fix it I guess...
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mountain_Mavic Air Posted at 10-19 06:20
Ok, Thanks!!  I am in an area of Colorado, where as of 3 P.M yesterday was on a flight ban due to fires and planes flying nearby constantly.  I will have plenty of time to fix it I guess...

Thank you for the additional information, looking forward to a positive result and for you to be able to capture awesome shots again soon.
2020-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules