My Ronin SC always goes into sleeping mode
10551 11 2020-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chblam
New

France

Hi everyone,

Each time I use my Ronin SC , It only works a few seconds before beeping and going into sleeping mode.
It's exactly the same problem as the one described in this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=48&v=6b12QWZxLjo&feature=emb_title

My camera is a Panasonic GH5.

Do you have any idea about what could cause this problem ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Chblam
2020-10-18
Use props
djiuser_UmlZEbEGezNW
New

India

I have a same problem
2022-5-16
Use props
Lonniev
New

United States

I have the same issue. I was live streaming a worship service and gimbal continually went into sleep mode. Even when gimbal was moving, green light flashed and camera moved down. Need some help on this one.
2022-8-8
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

The reasons why it's making that sound is because of either not well balanced enough or too heavy setup.
Hence why it goes automatically to sleep/pause in order to prevent further damaging your gimbal motor.

2022-8-8
Use props
ariffkmy
New

Malaysia

Hi guys,

I had similar problem and spent almost 2 hours to figure this out. Not so much resources / tutorial in the internet so far , so I have to try and error and depending on any available resources. Thanks to XinRain for the reply where mentioning the gimbal will be in sleep/pause mode due to the heavy setup. So, what I did was, I unmount my lense and just leave my camera body attached with the gimbal. Then, I found out there s no more beeping sound and no more auto sleep/pause mode happening. Then, I reattached back my lens with the camera and redo auto tune and balance test. Then, it s done and perfectly works!. Hopefully this will help you guys who are having the same issue.

Note: My camera body: Sony A7ii and lens : Sony Zeiss 35mm f2.8.

I believe any issue that regarding to the minor shaking, sleep mode issue can be solved with this steps .
2022-12-11
Use props
pinpin
lvl.1
United States

maybe it is help, try to change the connection cable...
2022-12-17
Use props
geniius
New

Jamaica

Even without load my ronin sc just beeps 3 times and then sleeps

My roll axis is the one causing all this, once I try to align it, it beeps then sleeps
2023-2-4
Use props
fans77ca3d2c
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

pinpin Posted at 2022-12-17 14:12
maybe it is help, try to change the connection cable...

Why Ronin SC is not coming with connecting cable for Nikon D7200?
2023-2-4
Use props
fans77ca3d2c
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

geniius Posted at 2-4 15:46
Even without load my ronin sc just beeps 3 times and then sleeps

My roll axis is the one causing all this, once I try to align it, it beeps then sleeps

Same problem for me. I try many times but no solution.

2023-2-4
Use props
fans77ca3d2c
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

This DJI Ronin SC i bought just 3 days ago.
When I mount Nikon D7200 and 50mm prime lens the gimbal motor goes on sleep within 5 seconds after switch on.I think this issue is because of over weight of camera and lens.

Now my gimbal is ok when I mounted only my camera.

But the wonder is my gimbal motor goes to sleep when i mount Nikon D7200 and 50mm prime lense which is just 1.5 kg while Ronin SC can support payload of 2.0kg.

I don't know really how much payload will Ronin SC support.
2023-2-4
Use props
Chris Papaleo
New

United States

I have bought and now returned 2 out of 3 ronin SC’s. Even without a camera on the gimbal is still goes into sleep mode after 3 seconds. What do I do?
2023-8-19
Use props
Pal_HUN
New

Germany

Hi, same problem, but havet to balancing the equipment. Switch off DJI, all lock off, balancing the axis very exactly with move the camera on their frame till when its stay alone in balance. After it RONIN on and run the automatic balancing. (the reason is if the ronin is unbalanced some of the motors have to give lot of force and the system prevent the motors with the sleep mode) So the key is the balancing before switch on the Ronin.
2023-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules