Samsung A10 meets all specs, why is it not compatible with DJI Fly?
5837 8 2020-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 781729 ft
United States

I bought a Samsung A10 to use exclusively as a device for my Mavic Air 2 and Mini drones, as I get tired of moving my S10+ in and out of its case.

Only to discover it is "not compatible" with DJI Fly.  Why is it not compatible?  It appears to meet all the necessary specs and the a8 from two years ago is even compatible.

I am wondering, like another user, if it has just been overlooked and simply needs to be added to the compatible list in the Google Play store?  So, an administrative, rather than a technical issue.

2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello OneQuickSix, thank you for reaching and your inquiry. We currently do not have any updates if this will become compatible in the future but we will forward this feedback to our developers. And for now, I would suggest you to please check our website from time to time as it will surely posted once it is listed in our website compatible device. Thank you for your support.
2020-10-19
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 11:11
Hello OneQuickSix, thank you for reaching and your inquiry. We currently do not have any updates if this will become compatible in the future but we will forward this feedback to our developers. And for now, I would suggest you to please check our website from time to time as it will surely posted once it is listed in our website compatible device. Thank you for your support.

Thanks, but do you have ANY idea why it would not be on the list if it meets all the criteria?  If it does not meet all the criteria, can you tell me which spec it does not meet please?  Thanks.
2020-10-20
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

The A10 is in the incompatible list.
https://cultofdrone.com/dji-fly-compatible-device/

As for why, it looks like the A10 maybe running a 32 bit version of the OS and the Fly app requires a 64 bit OS, 64 bit hardware and 32 bit OS does not meet the requirements.
You can use the above link to also show you how to check if the A10 has a 64 bit OS or use this link to look up your model
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?page=1&q=a105*
2020-10-20
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 10-20 22:13

Thanks, Pappy.  I will bet that is it.  Looks like its probably going back, and I'll keep using my S10+ for now.  Thanks for that insight.
2020-10-21
Use props
OneQuickSix
lvl.2
United States

OneQuickSix Posted at 10-21 01:19
Thanks, Pappy.  I will bet that is it.  Looks like its probably going back, and I'll keep using my S10+ for now.  Thanks for that insight.

Hmmmm ... actually, I have the A10e (which is model # A102) and that is coming up as Android 64-bit.  But I have seen threads on Reddit where people are claiming that A10's are 32-bit.  Plain vanilla A10's appear to be, but the A10e's appear to be 64-bit by all accounts.  Perhaps this is the issue?  DJI is not making the distiniction, so it IS a clerical/administrative error, and not a technical limitation?
2020-10-21
Use props
djiuser_JIajgcar3teP
New

United States

Pappy3 Posted at 2020-10-20 22:13

I have the galaxy a10e and it runs at 64 not 32 so that answer was wrong can you try again it meets every requirement
2021-12-8
Use props
djiuser_ICjkmLeJS7mQ
New

Netherlands

Ive tried for days then found this thread. Totaly agree it doesnt work on an A10 Samsung phone
2022-9-11
Use props
zoltan Lapu
lvl.1

Hungary

So strange! I have galaxy A10 and when I activated my dji fpv combo 64 days ago I could flawlessly update my system and see camera live view. However few days ago I discovered that I cant connect dji combo to dji fly app on my A10 anymore.
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules