Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO ACTION - Black screen
9692 33 2020-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tillou
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi everyone,

Need your help in order to bring back to life my OSMO ACTION.

I was very happy with my DJI OSMO action until some troubles came in.

Below are the following symptoms:
- Camera is turning ON but I am BACK LCD screen is staying Black. However the FRONT screen is working when I put it into selfie mode.
- Sometimes the BACK LCD screen is turning ON however the TOUCH is not responsive.
I am always taking care of my OSMO. Always storing it properly...

I would appreciate your bright thinking on the above!

Looking forward to receiving your feedback,

Thank you very much

Back_LCD

Back_LCD
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Tillou. It is unfortunate to know that your Osmo Action is displaying black screen. Please follow the steps below to resolve your concern.
1. Remove SD card.
2. Format SD card.
3. Install the firmware on the sd card
You can refer to the link below on how to update the firmware
Please let us know if what happen afterwards.
2020-10-19
Use props
jimsons
lvl.1

Pakistan

1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, Wide f/2.8 Lens - Up to 3200 ISO, over HDR Support - Up to 4K60 Video, the best type of pots for succulents12MP Still Photos - Wide Dynamic Range in 4K30. The Osmo Action is ...
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_6tMBj9IJy57P
New

Netherlands

Hi, I have a similar issue with the front screen AFTER upgrading to the latest firmware 01.09.00.10 (7211). I just got my osmo action today, the front screen worked fine straight out of the box. After upgrading the firmware the front screen stays black. Is this a known issue or is my osmo action broken?

Appreciate the help!
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_6tMBj9IJy57P
New

Netherlands

When I switch to front screen you see the leds go on, but no image.
2020-11-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

sounds like a ribbon cable came loose.
2020-11-27
Use props
djiuser_6tMBj9IJy57P
New

Netherlands

Fishycomics Posted at 11-27 13:04

I guess I'll need to send it back then...
2020-11-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

unless you want to tamper and void the warranty.
2020-11-28
Use props
Jason Wolkowski
lvl.1

Canada

Having the same issue with my unit. I thought it was a moisture issue with the unit, water damage. The front screen functions, that's the screen I use the least. The back screen is black transmitting zero image. I can only see the image from the camera using the Memo app.  
2021-7-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

how bout  loading fw 99 and debug file, takes 2 minutes, see if it refreshes it.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_r7OFv35V60gt
New

Serbia

I have the same issue. the main screen has gone black while the front one is ok. Anyone has found the solution yet? Really disappointed by DJI.
2021-9-12
Use props
djiuser_r7OFv35V60gt
New

Serbia

Fishycomics Posted at 7-23 08:20
how bout  loading fw 99 and debug file, takes 2 minutes, see if it refreshes it.

Can you please tell me the procedure in detail? thanks
2021-9-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_r7OFv35V60gt Posted at 9-12 13:54
Can you please tell me the procedure in detail? thanks

video of it is on my channel

2021-9-12
Use props
Danya A
New

United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 9-12 15:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520zOA2athw
video of it is on my channel

Thank you. Can you send the link for FW99, please?
2021-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

later i will post that vid that has it or you may check the vid for it on the channel.
2021-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

glad you found it.  sorry I was on

another puter

2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_U98HQkWezhQn
New

India

Im facing same issue. Camera is running but the screen is black. How can I fix this problem
2021-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

did you try fw 99
2021-12-16
Use props
fansae8ce416
New

Indonesia

Screen was black mostly but sometimes on.So once it was on,in settings  I put  screen NEVER off-so far so good.Not ready for updating ,better kiting)that bloody electronics suck time for nothing.
2022-7-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

last resort, is DJI
2022-7-23
Use props
JamoATX
lvl.1

United States

DJI is garbage. same issue here and they tried to fix it and charged me to do so. mine was faulty hardware and since it was 1 week past warranty (I've used it maybe 10 times) they wouldn't do anything for me. Buying a GoPro. DJI is poor quality.
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_6x6ckoRPTD5T
lvl.1
United States

Same did any one find a solution?
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_6x6ckoRPTD5T
lvl.1
United States

Same issue did anyone get a solution?
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_6x6ckoRPTD5T
lvl.1
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 2020-11-27 13:04
Do you know if they ever found a solution to this?
0BCC8DAB-097D-4B9A-9386-DD807D1842A6.jpeg
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_6x6ckoRPTD5T Posted at 4-9 21:25
Do you know if they ever found a solution to this?

Hi there. We have responded to your concern in this post. Kindly check the posted suggestions. Thank you.
2023-4-9
Use props
odesskin
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi to all.
I'm experiencing the same issues with the main screen (it's black). Changing the firmware does not help (one time picture is back and after turn off/on it's bekame the same as earlier) . There is no guarantee. There is no water damage. There is a suspicion that it is still an electronics problem. Has anyone found a solution to this trouble or is it already in the trash and forget about this brand?
2023-5-1
Use props
edypintea
New
Flight distance : 36811 ft
Romania

Hello!  what app works now for mobile  I have an osmo action.
where can i download?
thank you!
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

edypintea Posted at 6-11 09:58
Hello!  what app works now for mobile  I have an osmo action.
where can i download?
thank you!

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Osmo Action uses the DJI Mimo app. You may install it from this link. We hope this helps.
2023-6-12
Use props
Toby2b1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did anyone find a solution to this? I am having a similar issue. The rear touchscreen of my Osmo Action V1 works , but the touch functionally is not working, and the camera has reset itself. I am now stuck at the startup screen, and can not proceed as I need to select the language etc...

Wifi works, but I cannot accept the verification code on the camera as I need to click accept...  
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Toby2b1 Posted at 12-4 02:43
Did anyone find a solution to this? I am having a similar issue. The rear touchscreen of my Osmo Action V1 works , but the touch functionally is not working, and the camera has reset itself. I am now stuck at the startup screen, and can not proceed as I need to select the language etc...

Wifi works, but I cannot accept the verification code on the camera as I need to click accept...

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided at the beginning of the thread to see if the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-5
Use props
shandip Thebe Limbu
New

United Kingdom

Facing the same black screen issue can't even upgrade to the new firmware as my device doesn't even show up on my computer. Arghh!
2-23 11:35
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

shandip Thebe Limbu Posted at 2-23 11:35
Facing the same black screen issue can't even upgrade to the new firmware as my device doesn't even show up on my computer. Arghh!

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. We suggest sending your camera back to DJI for further inspection. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI official website or by using the following link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day.
2-23 21:49
Use props
djiuser_esAIGpZOvD7L
New
Italy

Ciao a tutti, ho una osmo action 3 e vorrei sapere se è possibile mettere in pausa una registrazione per evitare di creare infiniti file video.
Grazie
3-2 00:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_esAIGpZOvD7L Posted at 3-2 00:33
Ciao a tutti, ho una osmo action 3 e vorrei sapere se è possibile mettere in pausa una registrazione per evitare di creare infiniti file video.
Grazie

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, the DJI Osmo Action 3 does not support pausing or canceling the video recording. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
3-3 01:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules