Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Report NO SD card with card inserted
4570 6 2020-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hippo20
lvl.1
United States

Hi guys, my Osmo action camera cannot find the Samsung EVO select 256 GB SD card. Actually, it works at the beginning. But after I took a video more than 10 seconds. The camera will stop recording and report no SD card. Sometimes rebooting the camera will help. However once it starts taking a video, SD card crashes again. Is it the problem of the card or the camera? I have formated the SD card a few times use both the camera and a PC. Thanks
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello hippo20, it is unfortunate to know about your Osmo action that is unable to detect the SD Card. Have you updated to the latest firmware? This link will direct you to the video tutorial on how to do firmware update:
Make sure as well that you are using the recommended SD card:
Osmo Action supports microSD cards with capacities of up to 256GB.
Recommended models:
Samsung EVO Plus 32GB UHS-I SPEED GRADE 1 microSDHC
Samsung Pro 64GB UHS-I SPEED GRADE 3 microSDXC
Samsung Pro Endurance 64GB UHS-I SPEED GRADE 1 microSDXC
Samsung Evo Plus 64GB UHS-I SPEED GRADE 3 microSDXC
Sandisk Extreme 16/32GB UHS-I SPEED GRADE 3 microSDHC
Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB V30 A1 UHS-I SPEED GRADE 3 microSDXC
Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB V30 A1 UHS-I SPEED GRADE 3 microSDXC
Lexar 633X 32GB UHS-I SPEED GRADE 1 microSDHC
Other mainstream brands with a minimum writing speed of 30MB/s or above are also supported.
Please update me if the issue persist. Thank you.
2020-10-19
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Try another card and make sure it is a V30 so it is fast enough. And DO NOT buy from ebay, amazon or other places that sell fakes ones.
When I first got my OA I had a "fast" card Class 10, but it was not fast enough and made my camera stop recording after a short time, but after I bought a V30, I had no problem.
2020-10-20
Use props
hippo20
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-19 10:10
Hello hippo20, it is unfortunate to know about your Osmo action that is unable to detect the SD Card. Have you updated to the latest firmware? This link will direct you to the video tutorial on how to do firmware update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX-tyBks2b4
Make sure as well that you are using the recommended SD card:
Osmo Action supports microSD cards with capacities of up to 256GB.

Thank you. I upgraded the software. The same problem came again. I think it’s the card cause other cards works fine.
2020-10-20
Use props
hippo20
lvl.1
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 10-20 03:06
Try another card and make sure it is a V30 so it is fast enough. And DO NOT buy from ebay, amazon or other places that sell fakes ones.
When I first got my OA I had a "fast" card Class 10, but it was not fast enough and made my camera stop recording after a short time, but after I bought a V30, I had no problem.

Thanks. You got the points, and I did bought the card from amazon. Other cards worked fine. Will try the v30 and bestbuy this time.
2020-10-20
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

hippo20 Posted at 10-20 16:59
Thanks. You got the points, and I did bought the card from amazon. Other cards worked fine. Will try the v30 and bestbuy this time.

Not sure about best buy either. I buy all my cards from photography retailers, to be sure to get the real deal.
2020-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

hippo20 Posted at 10-20 16:56
Thank you. I upgraded the software. The same problem came again. I think it’s the card cause other cards works fine.

Hi hippo20, I'm glad that it is working now. Enjoy capturing your best moments using the DJI Osmo Action. Cheers!
2020-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules