Cable Setup for Fuji XT-3 and RavenEye (Not working)
5807 11 2020-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sanantonioedub
lvl.1

United States

Hi all. I am struggling trying to get my Ronin RS2 (Pro) and my Fuji XT-3 setup. I have a USB-C cable going from my camera to the top port (camera icon) on the Gimbal. Camera control on the gimbal is fine. But then I add the RavenEye. I have HDMI going from RavenEye to camera. USB-C from RavenEye lightning bolt port to bottom port (wifi icon) on the gimbal. Camera image shows up on my app. BUT...

I can't control the gimbal from the app. I keep getting a unlock motor error when I try to use the virtual joystick. And most frustrating is that I can't use Active Track. The gimbal says "raveneye not connected with gimbal or camera port" on the gimbal screen. Do I have the cables hooked up correctly? Is there a setting I'm missing? I've read through the entire manual, and have not been able to find anything to help me out. Hope someone here can!

Thanks!
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, could you please check the cable you used are the 20cm USB-C cable? And could you tell us the colour of the indicator that shown on the RavenEye?

For the RavenEye camera compatibility, you can refer https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf and use the cable listed to connect
2020-10-20
Use props
tatayoyo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568 ft
Canada

I have the excat same problem with the XT2 I have the fuji-RSS cable and the raven eyes and I'm not able to make work.I have the latest firmware on my camera, I know the rss cable working fine because I have acces to the option through it
but I still not able to trigger the record from the Gimbal.
that just make no sens...
2020-10-31
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tatayoyo Posted at 10-31 11:03
I have the excat same problem with the XT2 I have the fuji-RSS cable and the raven eyes and I'm not able to make work.I have the latest firmware on my camera, I know the rss cable working fine because I have acces to the option through it
but I still not able to trigger the record from the Gimbal.
that just make no sens...

Hi sanantonioedub and tatayoyo,

Has X-T3 Raveneye issues been resolved to your satisfaction?   If yes, what did you do?

Don
2020-11-4
Use props
tatayoyo
lvl.1
Canada

still get have no relevant solution.
I open a ticket with DJI support team.
they should come back to me by tomorrow.
If they come up with a solution I let you know here.
2020-11-4
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tatayoyo Posted at 11-4 18:00
still get have no relevant solution.
I open a ticket with DJI support team.
they should come back to me by tomorrow.

Hi tatayoyo,

Thank you for the quick reply.  Please let us all know DJI's response to your support ticket.

Don
2020-11-5
Use props
tatayoyo
lvl.1
Canada

The answer I get for them is not a true answer...I still waiting !!
2020-11-7
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tatayoyo Posted at 11-7 11:39
The answer I get for them is not a true answer...I still waiting !!

HI tatayoyo:

Thank you for the update.  Keep us informed when you get this working to your satisfaction.

Don
2020-11-7
Use props
tatayoyo
lvl.1
Canada

HI
it's working fine for me now.
the problem coming from many place.

1- My camera and the gimbal was not connected properly.  to be able to start/stop revording from the gimbal with a fuji camera you need to have the DJI R RSS control cable for Fujifilm avaible on the dji website.
even if you use a raven eye you need to connect this cable from the camera to the gimbal into the RSS camera control port on RS2 (it's the top port on the gimbal).
the problem is the cable is very short, and if like me you rig a littel bit you camera with a cage or if you a using a lens with a big diameter you will not be able to reach the port. what I did is I get an USB-C USB-C extension coord. than imply a little bit of cable management but it's do-able.
2- the second "problem" it's more from the fuji side. if you using the raveneye and you setup your camera for that (I mean you setup a HDMI output) you need to turn on the raveneye even if you don't use it otherwise the camera will not record. It' not a true problem but after I connect everything properly I spend a lot a time trying to figuring out why it's not working it was just because of that.

2020-11-10
Use props
chainsawproductions1.mac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297759 ft
  • >>>
United States

tatayoyo Posted at 2020-11-10 06:42
HI
it's working fine for me now.
the problem coming from many place.

But do you have control of your shutter and aperture?
2021-5-17
Use props
4K-DATA
lvl.1
Denmark

RSC-2 PRO COMBO - RAVENEYE & FUJI X-T3
Wonder if anyone got either change of ISO or Aperture working with Raveneye and Fuji X-T3
in Photo mode. Well, I have X-T3 sort of working by making it pull autofocus by itself, shutter
works just fine. Movements also okay.

3 CABLES
Im using the fuji-RSS cable between X-T3 Shutter port and Raveneye RSS port,
HDMI cable between Fuji X-T3 HDMI Port and Raveneye HDMI port. The last
Cable "200mm" connect between Ronin RSC-2 USB-C port no "3" with WiFi logo
and Raveneye USB-C "charging" port.

This setup works, sort of, with Fuji X-T3 and Fuji 23mm/F2, 35mm/F2,
18-55mm/2.8-4 and 56mm/1.2 lenses.

Just, it would be super nice to change ISO and or Aperture on Raveneye screen
on Phone. When I first got the RSC-2 I tried different cable settings "confusing"
and at one time I saw the black stribe white text with change of ISO and Aperture
on Raveneye Phone Screen. One time

Maybe a clear diagram/picture exact how to Cable RSC-2 - Raveneye and Fuji X-T3
would be a great help for me and anyone with Fuji X-T3 & X-T4.
2021-9-5
Use props
Eric Leic
New

Portugal

My Fuji xt4 isn't transmitting image trough the raven eye. It works with all my cameras but not with the XT4 I tried everything anyone here with a Xt4 that the raven eye works
??

Is there any hidden configuration on fuji cameras to make ir work?????

Its frustrating spending money for something that does not work with my main camera only.

2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules