How do you charge raven eye?
16730 18 2020-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
keyframe_L
lvl.1

Canada

Hi guys, just got my RS2,
Sorry for the stupid question but was wondering how you charge the raven eye? I can't find it in the rs2 manual or any video about it and all the rs2 videos on the dji tutorials youtube site are set to private for some reason. Don't wanna damage the unit doing something dumb.

Thanks so much!

2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, please find the USB-C Cable (20 cm) in the box and connect it on the Type-c post on the RavenEye with the Image transmission/ Focus Motor port on the RS2.

For the camera compatibility on the RavenEyes you can refer this file: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ibility_List_en.pdf
2020-10-20
Use props
keyframe_L
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-20 03:46
Hello, please find the USB-C Cable (20 cm) in the box and connect it on the Type-c post on the RavenEye with the Image transmission/ Focus Motor port on the RS2.

For the camera compatibility on the RavenEyes you can refer this file: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_RS_2/DJI_Ronin_RavenEye_Image_Transmission_System_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

Thank you Wanda.

Do you have any idea why the dji rs2 training vids are set to private and is unavailable at this moment? I can't access them on youtube or through the ronin phone app.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

keyframe_L Posted at 10-20 08:21
Thank you Wanda.

Do you have any idea why the dji rs2 training vids are set to private and is unavailable at this moment? I can't access them on youtube or through the ronin phone app.

Hello, now you can check the download page from the RS2 https://www.dji.com/hk-en/rs-2/downloads to refer the RavenEye user guide. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions on connection or camera control functions.
2020-10-21
Use props
cmarker1
lvl.1

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 02:03
Hello, now you can check the download page from the RS2 https://www.dji.com/hk-en/rs-2/downloads to refer the RavenEye user guide. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions on connection or camera control functions.

Thanks DJI Wanda. The user guide seems to be missing page 6 (which is likely where I am having difficulties).
2020-10-21
Use props
TimPR
lvl.1
United States

Hey there - Just getting used to this forum - I'm in IT and I can not figure out how to get the RavenEye to connect to my iPhone (xs Max iOs 14.0.1). Always an error. Read the guide, tried all the things there and those prompted on the phone. Still no Joy. What Am I missing? Where do I go for help? -Red light on RavenEye
-Phone Bluetooth Off
-Private Address turned off
-Accepts Password
-"Unable to connect to.... "

2020-10-23
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

cmarker1 Posted at 10-21 08:00
Thanks DJI Wanda. The user guide seems to be missing page 6 (which is likely where I am having difficulties).

page 6?

Screenshot 2020-10-24 at 08.58.37.jpg

2020-10-23
Use props
djiuser_Uf9xpwsU0ZuW
New

Australia

I recently purchased the combo version of the DJI RS2.
Firstly its beautifully made and the gymbal works. However the instructions for the Raven eye are virtually useless. Everything is in tiny, difficult to read type. The instructions are not even close to sufficient. The diagrams are tiny and useless. There is no individual description of the wiring for the Nikon z6 I own. I suppose you're going to have to guess.
Furthermore, I've wired up the Raven eye and I have zero transmission or functionality. This was purchased as a gift. Otherwise I'd be returning it. Nowhere near good enough.
2020-12-18
Use props
PSlab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42300 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-10-20 03:46
Hello, please find the USB-C Cable (20 cm) in the box and connect it on the Type-c post on the RavenEye with the Image transmission/ Focus Motor port on the RS2.

For the camera compatibility on the RavenEyes you can refer this file: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_RS_2/DJI_Ronin_RavenEye_Image_Transmission_System_Compatibility_List_en.pdf

So it is not possible to charge the Raven Eye without connecting it to the RS2? Also, what is the RSS connector on the Raven for?  My Sony camera connects to the USB C connector on the other side.
2021-2-3
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

you can charge the raven eye with any 18W or 24W PD USB powerunit
2021-2-4
Use props
breastfed
lvl.1
Germany

I charge the Raveneye by USB-C before using it the first time.
2021-2-5
Use props
djiuser_JumDchqOMDlu
New

Canada

breastfed Posted at 2-5 13:04
I charge the Raveneye by USB-C before using it the first time.

This might sound stupid but which usb-c port since there's two of them.
Is there an indicator that shows that it's charging because when I plug it in don't see any charging lights.

Does it need to be turned on for it to be able to charge?
Sorry for all the questions lol.

I was wanting to use the raveneye as a way to show my clients camera feed while I'm shooting photos. ( So basically not using the gimbal with the Raven eye. )
2021-2-6
Use props
breastfed
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_JumDchqOMDlu Posted at 2-6 12:06
This might sound stupid but which usb-c port since there's two of them.
Is there an indicator that shows that it's charging because when I plug it in don't see any charging lights.

The one USB C Port opposite Side where the Two are.
There is a small Charge Icon, If i remember right.
2021-2-8
Use props
FrankF
New

United States

Anyone know if the firmware update resolves the issue of the RavenEye not being able to charge when it's in use?
2021-3-20
Use props
Mohd Nor Azmil
New

Malaysia

FrankF Posted at 3-20 16:42
Anyone know if the firmware update resolves the issue of the RavenEye not being able to charge when it's in use?

When I first bought the combo, I notice that my rs2 was charging the raveneye. After i put v1.01 firmware, it doesn't. Not sure if I miss something in the notes for other version update. Now I am putting v1.02 (which is not detected btw for me, had to "downgrade" from v1.01 to v1.02, which was stupid. Not sure if the new version fix it.
2021-3-31
Use props
Robert Bergmann
lvl.2

Poland

Mohd Nor Azmil Posted at 3-31 09:47
When I first bought the combo, I notice that my rs2 was charging the raveneye. After i put v1.01 firmware, it doesn't. Not sure if I miss something in the notes for other version update. Now I am putting v1.02 (which is not detected btw for me, had to "downgrade" from v1.01 to v1.02, which was stupid. Not sure if the new version fix it.

With v1.02 they are two way's of charging the RavenEye:

1. RS2 charged thru USB- C and RS 2 On / RavenEye Off (important)
2, RavenEye charging separetly by USB-C port (the only lonley port on the other side)
2021-4-9
Use props
illuminatedRS
lvl.2

United States

Robert Bergmann Posted at 4-9 11:43
With v1.02 they are two way's of charging the RavenEye:

1. RS2 charged thru USB- C and RS 2 On / RavenEye Off (important)

But isn't that the same port the gimbals using which doesn't provide USB power the other side I believe is for camera control so the actual gimbal would have to give it power at least according to the manual from the looks of things
2021-7-10
Use props
danielm
New

Brazil

I am using the raveneye rsc2 for the first time right now and for me, raveneye uncharged until reached 5% and then it kept in 5% for the next hour of recording. It seems that ronin rsc2 starts charging RE only when raveneye reaches 5% but doesn't charge RE above 6%.  It made me scared but RE worked flaulessly
2021-9-8
Use props
Ron.K
New

United States

Same questions.  It's really poor of DJI not to have better documentation.   I'm new to the gimbal, and RE - as well as being new to the Canon RP. (but a retired world known studio photographer).
I find it bad that they didn't clarify the connections.  One has a "RSS" by it. (I dunno what RSS means). Others have graphics by them but I have no idea what the graphic is of?
I have to watch a youtube video each time I wire up the Gimbal and RE.  Been wondering how to best mark each plug so that I can remove and replace quickly.

Do I need to charge RE?  it seems to always get power from the RCS2.  We shouldn't have to guess.

I don't like that using RE shuts off my Canon RP's viewfinder/screen.  When using RE I can't change camera settings using the touch screen. ???

Is the DJI (Ronin) app really as buggy as it appears?  1/2 the options don't seem to work.  I think I have it wired properly.  Not sure.

IS THERE A DOCUMENT THAT SHOWS CLEARLY HOW TO WIRE THE CABLES FOR A CANON RP AND RCS2/RavenEye?  
I'm also using a focus motor that adds a bit more confusion.  It seems to work? but I have nothing using the RE USB-C that is next to the HDMI on the RE.

2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules