DJI Pocket 2 - Magic At Hand
42222 160 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c442720
New

Hong Kong

Has anyone experienced a second delay from pocket 2 wireless mic?
2020-12-11
Use props
fans0c442720
New

Hong Kong

Has anyone ever experienced a second delay from pocket 2 wireless mic?
2020-12-11
Use props
dominicjames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1445374 ft
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 12-11 12:03
Yeah, the multiple files is due to file size limitation - now way around it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=179186&pid=1739256

So I wonder why they advertise 140 mins of recording? Is this based on a 360px resolution file.
2020-12-12
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

dominicjames Posted at 12-12 04:53
So I wonder why they advertise 140 mins of recording? Is this based on a 360px resolution file.

I think that's regarding battery capacity.
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_ebT35XdMLF9X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21440 ft
Germany

yogafilm38 Posted at 11-12 09:03
We would like to use this as a webcam, at least to input and recognize with OBS.
Then virtual cam to zoom/etc.

hey there.. a quick question.. does it solves the purpose to use it as a Webcam . i need to do the machine acceptance tests on MS teams. bought it but no solution it seesms. any advice is highlz appreciated..if zou find a solution or workaround reallz appreciate if zou share with me .. dipankarghoshe@gmail.com.
2020-12-13
Use props
SMRdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1986322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Too bad DJI has no interest in addressing the thousands of users that lost the ability to record audio after the last firmware update for the original Pocket.  I guess they just don't care as long as you buy the new Pocket 2.  So sad.  
2020-12-16
Use props
catapart
lvl.1
Kenya

Hi,
My battery (shooting at 24fps/1080p/battery saver mode) only lasts around 90 minutes. It's advertised as 140 minutes. I'd be interested whether this is a known issue (DJI staff), whether anyone else has similar issues (other users)? Does connecting the do-it-all handle reduce battery life, if so  by how much? Does connecting via adapter to phone reduce battery life?
Looking forward to responses.
Jakob
2020-12-17
Use props
dustyrose
lvl.1
United States

Sorry for posting here as I'm new to the forum, and unfamiliar with it...

Does anyone know where to locate the list of Compatible android cellphones for the Pocket 2? My wife purchased and surprised me with one last-night. My android didn't accept the usb-c adapter that came with the "Creator Combo" that she purchased, so today I purchased a new android that has a usb-c port. Just my luck, the pocket 2 won't connect/activate with my brand new android! Now, so-far I've got over 8 hours attempting to connect and activate this thing without luck. Not to mention the hours it took to get to the local phone store, purchase and wait an hour for them to transfer phone data, and get back home.
I'm almost ready to throw the pocket 2 as far as I can, but will create havok in my marriage if I do. Is there a list of compatible android phones that work with this thing? And if-so, why is it more difficult to locate than President Trump's tax documents? Any help would be very much appreciated...
Thanks in advance...
2020-12-18
Use props
fanse8c9ad4f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2598 ft
Germany

kupoakupoa Posted at 10-20 05:18
Someone already knows if the Filter and Lenses from Pocket 1 can fit on Pocket 2 ?

No. there is an error if you switch off the device with the filter attached.
2020-12-20
Use props
Adrian Lee3
New

Thailand

I don't know where I can write this, my osmo pocket 2 camera gets crazy !! When I turned it one gimbal camera start rolling around likes crazy. I need turn it off and on few times. I use it just two week's and now it's starting to freaking out.
I plan to make review on my new YouTube channel about pocket 2 vs pocket 1 and didn't expect that's happen.
Channel name
This is Thailand, where we livea. Maybe it's not made for this country..
I'm the first one?

My e-mail: adr.stankiewicz@gmail.com
2020-12-20
Use props
New Drone Pilot
lvl.2
United States

So far, I really like the Pocket 2.  Only disappointment is the Pano modes.  The 3x3 Pano yields a 800 x 559 JPG.  The 180 degree Pano a 1677 x 504 JPG.  Disappointing for a supposed 64MP camera!
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_0MPGvOGTvHMV
lvl.2
United States

MM_Pro Posted at 10-20 05:08
1, That sensor is only 1mm bigger
2, I prefer the 26mm than the 20mm
3, For me nothing new. i keep the old one

The “Pocket 1”, has a sensor of 1/2.3” or .4348”.  area = .63 sq. cm.
The Pocket 2 has a sensor of 1/1.7” or .5882”.   Area = 1.08 sq. cm.

Since these are diagonal measurements, the difference in area is larger than you might think.

Using the 4/3 aspect ratio, the new Pocket 2 sensor is 71% larger in area than the original Osmo Pocket camera sensor.
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_VG3758YwYOtL
lvl.1

France

Hello, I changed the settings, whenever I turn it off, the settings I have set disappear. Example: 4k60fps after re-ignition it is returned to 1024.
Is it normal ?
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_VG3758YwYOtL
lvl.1

France

Hello i have a pocket mini 2.
I changed the settings, whenever I turn it off, the settings I have set disappear. Example: 4k60fps after re-ignition it is returned to 1024.
Is it normal ?
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_0MPGvOGTvHMV
lvl.2
United States

MM_Pro Posted at 10-20 05:08
1, That sensor is only 1mm bigger
2, I prefer the 26mm than the 20mm
3, For me nothing new. i keep the old one

The “only 1mm bigger” sensor is 71% larger in area than the one it replaces.
2020-12-28
Use props
djiuser_6pGXf2z78bmY
New

Germany

Hallo, wollte heute meine neue Dji pocket aktivieren, aber es tritt folgender Hinweis auf, dass die dji nicht aktiviert ist. Ich soll die Verbindung zum Telefon herstellen und mit der Dji Mimo APP aktivieren. Das funktioniert bei verschiedenen Geräten nicht.  Der Fehler wird durchgängig angezeigt. Bitte dringend um Hilfe. Danke
2020-12-30
Use props
Jorge Frazoa
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello everyone, is possible to cut a part of audio and mix with sound or music on the mimo app?
2021-1-7
Use props
Enrique Mancera
New
Venezuela

My DJI Pocket 2 stopped working as it should after the new firmware. It induces shake when set on a tripod or stady surfaces. Should I wait for that the bug to be fix or send it back to B&H for a refund?
2021-1-11
Use props
djiuser_oa1XyXCx6BwV
New
United States

I just received my Pocket 2, and have a few questions.
1. What gimbal cover do I buy so that I can protect the lens and gimbal while my pocket 2 is mounted to the extension rod, and just sitting or walking?
2. Is the WiFi adapter the same for both the Pocket and Pocket 2?
3. When I am using my extension rod and my iPhone is plugged into the bottom of the Pocket, is there a way to charge the Pocket?

Thanks.
2021-1-14
Use props
badshoe1
lvl.1

United States

I just updated my firmware on my Pocket2 and I believe it added a ear phone monitor. I would like to verify the audio in a headset while using the wireless mic. I tried a few combos put can't get it to work. Can someone help on this, thanks....Ken.
2021-2-2
Use props
fireshadow540
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107566 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curious as to if there's an update or plans of an update to allow us to use the app's livestream button while the pocket 2 is connected to the phone? So far the only way that it wants to work is solo from the phone which does kinda defeats a lot of live streamers purpose of wanting to use the screen on their phones to stream with and to make sure they are getting what it is they are wanting to stream. Instead the pocket 2 instantly demands us to use the do it all handle in order to live stream which sucks because I would love to stream using the app for the pocket and not have to use an outside app that just makes it a bit harder but not impossible to do. It just makes for a cluttered up streaming video instead of a clear clean one.
2021-2-14
Use props
Muhammad Isman
New
Indonesia

catapart Posted at 2020-12-17 02:21
Hi,
My battery (shooting at 24fps/1080p/battery saver mode) only lasts around 90 minutes. It's advertised as 140 minutes. I'd be interested whether this is a known issue (DJI staff), whether anyone else has similar issues (other users)? Does connecting the do-it-all handle reduce battery life, if so  by how much? Does connecting via adapter to phone reduce battery life?
Looking forward to responses.

Hello,
Yes, I experienced the same.
It looks like that the phone assume DJI Pocket 2 as a power bank, so it will drain the DJI Pocket 2 battery faster.

So, be careful not to connect them too long.

2021-2-14
Use props
fans3f314223
New

United Kingdom

I’ve lost the windscreen for the wireless mic , can’t see anywhere I can buy a replacement (s) from . A recent video had too much wind noise . DJI didn’t respond to a request to try and purchase said replacement, so the question is , will any old 3rd party replacement do? Can anyone recommend a product , I don’t want to shell out £95 for a new wireless mic kit when all I’m missing is the windscreen.
2021-2-18
Use props
PROMaxim
New
Russia

Bought Pocket 2 creator combo in Russia in past December. Was very satisfied until 2 weeks of working  with it the wi-fi connection between camera and microphone was gone. New driver upload, return to factory driver and no one other advice from DJI support - nothing helped! DJI advised me finally to return it to the dealership. I give it back there. And figured out there is no warranty service support in Russia. They sell products in Russia but not support it with the warranty. Now to diagnose the hardware mistake (as to DJI technical support) it has to be sent back to China. But Russian customs now don't know how to handle to send the product (that was already imported to Russia) back for repair. And it lays now there. Instead to just exchange broken set to new one I became a hostage of this stupid situation. If you are in Russia (or any other country where are no China authorized warranty services ) think twice before you buy this product! Any problem appears you may not be able to repair! It is just not possible. They would need to send it back to China, what is not possible or very difficult as well. And you stay there - no warranty, no product, no money!
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_harAiehffLIl
New

Australia

fans3f314223 Posted at 2-18 16:48
I’ve lost the windscreen for the wireless mic , can’t see anywhere I can buy a replacement (s) from . A recent video had too much wind noise . DJI didn’t respond to a request to try and purchase said replacement, so the question is , will any old 3rd party replacement do? Can anyone recommend a product , I don’t want to shell out £95 for a new wireless mic kit when all I’m missing is the windscreen.

Pick up a "lav mic"... it's a wired mic, but plugs into the mic unit.  You can put it in your pocket and attach the small mic to your collar... You won't be walking around looking like you've got a hairy creature attacking your neck any longer.
2021-2-22
Use props
Jerri Heller
lvl.1

France

Was really considering buying this but my recent experience shooting a short film with it hasn't really been great. I think this is more like a vlogger's / youtuber's device rather than a serious filmmaker's.
2021-2-25
Use props
CyberDave14
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MARTINEZX Posted at 2020-10-20 11:57
No mic in, no 360 pano... Like Mavic Mini not so good as old Spark

Spark better than Mini - hmmm I don't think so!
2021-3-2
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

CyberDave14 Posted at 3-2 08:12
Spark better than Mini - hmmm I don't think so!

Based on funcionality - better. Remember year of build. Mini comes much later without panorama mode, white balance, sensors, gestures, cheap plastic case...
Ok, future give better battery and 2,7k - 4k but that's all. Less weight but controller big as brick.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_Ke6mEjitJtPe
New

Russia

DJI Pocet 2. Привет ребята. Такая проблемка вылезла. В процессе съёмке Timelapse с правом на лево или наоборот не важно, камера немного подёргивается и видео соответственно получается дерганым. В чем может быть дело?
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_IHH1blpSxj2G
New

Russia

I bought a Pocket 2 in Russia in early March. I was very happy until I started looking through the footage, tried all the focus modes, but the focus work is disgusting. I can't post a link to a video because I don't have permission to post the URL of the link. How do I get permission to publish links?
2021-3-19
Use props
fans428734b9
New
United States

Is there a reason the Pocket 2 won't livestream without the Do it All Handle? Makes no sense, it's connected direct to a phone and doesn't need the WIFI like the original Osmo, why would you need more gadgets to break and use up your battery?
2021-3-21
Use props
akash910
lvl.1

India

#cool_dji_pocket
2021-3-24
Use props
1stcamera
New

United States

Will there be a software update allowing the audio I/O to enable audio monitoring while recording.  IMO, the only foible to this guy is that limitation. As a pro user, I need to know not my audio is clean, but no signal burps and equally important, no mic rustle when using a lavalier/lapel mic.  Clothes rustle even if the mic is mounted outside the clothing, can occur and that will spoil good video/audio moments.
2021-4-10
Use props
Dean Russell
New

Canada

why on gods green earth can't this act as a webcam?   Ordered, realized it can't do that. Cancelled order..It connects to a phone.. but not a computer?
lol?
am I missing something?
2021-4-17
Use props
brooke
New

United States

The LGK5 DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS DEVICE! WHY DONT THEY SPECIFY THAT SOME PHONES ARENT COMPATIBLE ON THE BOX OR EVEN HAVE THE SALES TEAM KNOW? WENT TO BEST BUY TWICE TODAY, ONE TO RETURN IT THINKING IT WAS DEFECTIVE THEN CALLED TECH SUPPORT WITH DJI AND THEY DIDNT KNOW AND THE SECOND TIME TO SEE IF GEEK SQUAD COULD HELP ME SET IT UP. THEYVE NEVER EVEN USED IT BEFORE. MINE WAS THE FIRST ONE THEY TOUCHED!!!!! AND THEIR A TECH SQUAD???? A VERY WELL KNOWN AND TRUSTED ONE AT THAT!!!! SO FRUSTRATING TO NOW HAVE TO GO PHONE SHOPPING TOMORROW SO WE CAN CAPTURE ALL OF OUR TODDLERS ACTION ADVENTURES (HARD TO GET STILL SHOTS) AND PHONES CONSTANTLY RUN OUT OF MEMORY SO WEVE GOTTA BACK UP AND GO AT IT AGAIN SO NEEDLESS TO SAY WE WERE SUPER EXCITED AND SAVED FOR THIS CAMERA ONLY TO FIND OUT    "NOW WE NEED NEW PHONES" !
2021-4-20
Use props
Joedji
New
Italy

Hello
I've used many cameras, action cams on and off gimbals with my paraglider, but now I'm trying the pocket2.

I really like the picture quality and the gimbal really helps. But the flickering seen at the horizon I presume is due to auto exposure?
Would people agree?

Today I'm going to try manual exposure and try fix it in post. Whilst flying I am not in a position to fiddle with the settings. I appreciate the pocket 2 wasn't made for this but it's still the best option so far.

If it is auto exposure related what would be good is if I could dampen the changes.
I will get ND filters if I'm going to keep using this.

I've included the YouTube link, it's only test footage.
All comments appreciated. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y661rSBDPDQ
2021-5-9
Use props
DJI30013
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_oa1XyXCx6BwV Posted at 1-14 11:07
I just received my Pocket 2, and have a few questions.
1. What gimbal cover do I buy so that I can protect the lens and gimbal while my pocket 2 is mounted to the extension rod, and just sitting or walking?
2. Is the WiFi adapter the same for both the Pocket and Pocket 2?

1- https://scottymakesstuff.com/collections/dji-pocket-2-accessories/products/dji-pocket-2-pro-creators-case has a case that has a top part that can be used independently to protect the Gimbal and Screen.
2- They are not the same. Pocket 1 only has wifi and bluetooth.  Pocket 2 (do it all handle) has wifi, bluetooth, a speaker, an internal mic and external mic jack/headphone jack. It is also larger that the pocket 1 wifi adapter.
2021-5-14
Use props
lazaruz67
New

Turkey

djı 2 combo aldım ama ne yzikki türkce dil destegi yok neden zira türkiye satısı varsa bence olmalı zira bircok kullanıcı bu yüzden almıyo cok da zor degil türkce yama yapmak zira sizinürünüzü terci edildiyse o ürünü sorumlugu da sizin türkce dil destegi yaparsanız sevinirim
bu konu hakkında
cenkinay67 @ gmail.om cevap yazarsanız sevinirim
değil ona göre cihazı aalacam
2021-5-20
Use props
Xave
lvl.1

France

Hello
Please, do you know how to desactivate audio zoom ?
When I film classical concerts and when i do a video zoom the audio increases. I want the audio stay at the same level even if I do azoom on the image...
Thank you
2021-6-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

dustyrose Posted at 2020-12-18 18:41
Sorry for posting here as I'm new to the forum, and unfamiliar with it...

Does anyone know where to locate the list of Compatible android cellphones for the Pocket 2? My wife purchased and surprised me with one last-night. My android didn't accept the usb-c adapter that came with the "Creator Combo" that she purchased, so today I purchased a new android that has a usb-c port. Just my luck, the pocket 2 won't connect/activate with my brand new android! Now, so-far I've got over 8 hours attempting to connect and activate this thing without luck. Not to mention the hours it took to get to the local phone store, purchase and wait an hour for them to transfer phone data, and get back home.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm not sure if you found the answer already, but I'll post this in case you still need it (or if somebody else with the same question needs to know...

Me and other DJI forum members have gathered a list of tested compatible and non-compatible phones at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 and the post also contains troubleshooting tips for helping to sove activation and/or connection problems. The post includes both a link to the official DJi list, models that are not officially mentioned to be compatible but do work and a link to a similar list of tablets. Hope this helps! :-)
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules