o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Introducing DJI Pocket 2

DJI Osmo Pocket 2.jpg

DJI Pocket 2 is DJI’s all-new mini camera gimbal that provides stabilized footage of life’s most magical moments. This DJI Pocket 2 review introduces new features such as 64MP photo, AI Editor, and SoundTrack. You thought the original DJI Osmo Pocket was good? Wait till you see what DJI Pocket 2 can do.

DJI Pocket 2: What’s Inside the Box?

DJI Pocket 2 × 1
DJI Pocket 2 Cover × 1
DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick × 1
DJI Pocket 2 Tripod Mount (1/4") × 1
DJI Wrist Strap × 1
Power Cable × 1
DJI Sticker Set × 1
Osmo Pocket Smartphone Adapter (Lightning & USB-C) × 1

DJI Pocket 2 Features
Pocket-Sized

DJI Pocket 2 is the ultimate portable camera gimbal for any adventure you have planned. It fits right in your pocket, perfect for taking anywhere and using it whenever inspiration strikes. Packing light for that weekend trip to the mountains? Not a problem; Pocket 2 takes up next to no space!

DJI Pocket 2 Vlogging Camera with friends.jpg
Upgraded Sensor

We won’t start throwing boring specs at you, but we will quickly touch on one of the most exciting upgrades of DJI Pocket 2. The new mini camera gimbal comes with an exceptional 1/1.7-inch sensor. Why is that so important you ask? Well, the bigger sensor means you can carry on shooting in low-light situations and still get impressive results. From singing around the campfire with friends to exploring the star-studded sky, DJI Pocket 2 is the ultimate content creation tool for any time of the day!

3-Axis Stabilized Camera

DJI Pocket 2 features a 3-axis gimbal that ensures incredibly smooth footage, even if you’re rocking out at a concert or enjoying a city tour in a particularly bumpy cab. The motorized gimbal provides cinematic stabilization, which means you get as creative as you like with your shots.

DJI-Pocekt-2-gimbal.jpg

High-Quality 64MP Images

Yes. You heard correctly. DJI Pocket 2 also supports breathtaking 64MP photos that ensure your content always looks the best. With this exceptional level of quality, all your friends and family can marvel at your latest adventures.

DJI Matrix Stereo

This is another big improvement from the original DJI Osmo Pocket. DJI Pocket 2 features an entirely new audio system that utilizes DJI Matrix Stereo technology. Four microphones are positioned in locations on the handle to offer better sound quality for your vlogs, videos, and moments of magic. DJI Pocket 2 can even be held while recording surround-sound audio, which means you can capture crystal-clear video and sound at the same time.
How does this all work? DJI Pocket 2 can adjust the direction of audio according to the camera's position using SoundTrack, so you can get clear audio even while the camera is moving around. It’s a smart little addition that makes a big difference to vloggers, content creators, and filmmakers.
Before we move on to more DJI Pocket 2 features, there’s another nifty audio feature that’s worth talking about. DJI Pocket 2 comes with a new Audio Zoom function that adjusts the audio when you zoom in while filming. This creates a really impressive, dynamic sound effect that’s perfect for highlighting things in your footage. If you’re filming a chef in the kitchen or attending a music concert, Audio Zoom harmonizes your entire filmmaking experience.

ActiveTrack 3.0

Whether you’re filming a vlog with your boyfriend or girlfriend or chasing your playful puppy at the beach, ActiveTrack 3.0 will provide smooth footage that keeps your subject the star of the show. The latest version of ActiveTrack is even better at following a subject, which means you will never miss a shot again.

AI Editor

Not an A-list Hollywood director? Not to worry, DJI Pocket 2 has a special AI Editor that will automatically produce jaw-dropping clips made up of your best moments and the perfect music and transitions to match. This clever function is perfect for when you are traveling on the go and want to create and share your awesome clips effortlessly.

8x Zoom

Users also get incredible 8x zoom when they enable 64MP photo. This awesome feature lets you capture all the details from far away. Landscapes and your favorite cityscapes have never looked so good.

DJI Pocket 2 vs. DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo

While the DJI Pocket 2 itself is a powerful camera gimbal for content creators, the DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo was designed to enhance shooting possibilities for vloggers and professional creators. The combo has everything you need, saving you a lot compared to buying DJI Pocket 2 and all the accessories separately. Let’s take a look at some of the extra things you get in the combo.

creator-combo-3.jpg

DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter + Windscreen
The DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo comes with a microphone transmitter and windscreen, which provide even better dynamic audio for professionals who require a full setup. This is great for journalists, musicians, or vloggers that want the best quality audio in their footage.

mic-2-6-696x476.jpg

DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle

The Do-It-All Handle is designed to give you a hand by acting as an extension handle while providing in-built Wi-FI, a Bluetooth module, as well as an audio adapter, wireless mic receiver, and speaker.

DJI Pocket 2 Wide-Angle Lens

The Wide-Angle Lens provides an impressive perspective that is useful for packing in all the details, such as at a botanical garden or a colorful amusement park.

DJI-Pocket-2-Wide-Angle-Lens_selfile-696x464.jpg

DJI Pocket 2 Micro Tripod
The foldable Micro Tripod is specially designed for DJI Pocket 2, and it is easy to carry, making it ideal for panoramas, timelapse creations, or other scenarios where extra stability is a plus.

DJI Osmo Pocket Mcro Tripod.jpg

DJI Pocket 2 DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo
DJI Pocket 2 DJI Pocket 2
DJI Pocket 2 Cover DJI Pocket 2 Cover
DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick
DJI Pocket 2 Tripod Mount (1/4") DJI Pocket 2 Tripod Mount (1/4")
DJI Wrist StrapDJI Wrist Strap
Power CableDJI USB Splitter Charging Cable (Type-A to Type-C)
DJI Sticker Set DJI Sticker Set
Osmo Pocket Smartphone Adapter (Lightning & USB-C) Osmo Pocket Smartphone Adapter (Lightning & USB-C)
DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle
DJI Wireless Microphone Transmitter + DJI Wireless
Microphone Windscreen
DJI Pocket 2 Micro Tripod
DJI Wide-Angle Lens

Who Is DJI Pocket 2 For?

Still wondering whether DJI Pocket 2 is the right choice for you? Let’s delve in a little deeper and take a look at why DJI Pocket 2 is the best mini camera gimbal for just about anyone.

Vloggers & Travellers

Let’s make no mistake — DJI Pocket 2 is an unbelievable device for vloggers and travelers. Not only is it small, light, and portable, but it also can be combined with a variety of accessories that transform it into the ultimate professional setup for creating on the go. You don’t need to carry around expensive and heavy equipment, you can simply pop it in your pocket, and you’re good to go. Combined with the new DJI Matrix Studio and the Wireless Microphone Transmitter, DJI Pocket 2 offers vloggers a full content creation tool that can sit tight in their pocket.

DJI-Pocekt-2-youtube-camera.jpg

Content Creators

Up your game on social media thanks to DJI Pocket 2’s broad range of impressive functions and useful accessories. Take advantage of the Creator Combo for extra gadgets like the Wide-Angle Lens and the Do-It-All Handle for unique shots and even more creative options.

Musicians

DJI Pocket 2 strikes a fantastic note by harmonizing exceptional video and audio. Whether you’re filming a music concert, jamming with your band, or recording a rendition of your favorite piece, DJI Pocket 2 can handle it all. The incredibly small camera can be placed in tiny little places, and the improved microphone performance and DJI Matrix Studio give you crystal-clear audio. That’s an entire filmmaking and audio device that’s smaller than your favorite over-ear headphones.

Sport Enthusiasts

You’re at a local game, and you want to capture some fun footage to show your buddies. Instead of taking out your phone and disturbing the person next to you, take out the tiny DJI Pocket 2 and capture all the action. ActiveTrack 3.0 and Hybrid AF 2.0 let you capture home runs, 3-pointers, and crunching tackles with breathtaking precision and quality.

Students

64MP photos, 8x Zoom, and Slow Motion are just a few things to try out when using DJI Pocket 2 to film your best moments. This tiny handheld gimbal has your back when it comes to media-based assignments, offering intuitive features and preset templates in the DJI Mimo app. Show and Tell? More like “Show and tell me where you got this awesome device.”

Family

Because family is everything, you’ll want the best quality of your favorite memories. DJI Pocket 2 has awesome features like SoundTrack to make sure your subject is heard clearly, even when moving. Then, turn to the AI Editor for automatic selection and editing of your footage highlights. If you’re looking for a small device to film special family moments, it doesn’t get much better than DJI Pocket 2.

DJI Pocket 2 Vlogging Camera with family.png

DJI Pocket 2 is a new camera stabilizer that delivers impressive performance for any content creator in need of a mini stabilized camera.Convenient and compact, it comes with a ton of intelligent features like ActiveTrack 3.0, 8x Zoom, and Hyperlapse to make your footage even more cinematic. With a whole host of accessories available, this must-have DJI video stabilizer is the ideal choice for capturing the magic in your life!

2020-10-20
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

1, That sensor is only 1mm bigger
2, I prefer the 26mm than the 20mm
3, For me nothing new. i keep the old one
2020-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There she is!
2020-10-20
Use props
kupoakupoa
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Someone already knows if the Filter and Lenses from Pocket 1 can fit on Pocket 2 ?
2020-10-20
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looks really interesting !

Some nice new improvements and I suspect some more features,  will there be a pocket 2 manual download available ?
I would like to know if the extra pixels give digital stabilisation too .....
2020-10-20
Use props
DjDaxx69
lvl.1

United States

Still no live stream, so I will not be upgrading my OP 1.
2020-10-20
Use props
98 SNAKE EATER
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wide angle and zoom feature is nice and so is the external mic, but still no wifi??

I hate having to break out the wifi adapter on my old OP1
2020-10-20
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I wonder if this is the sensor,

https://www.gsmarena.com/omnivis ... port-news-41628.php

Can do 8K,  but also 4K, 60 with eis.  
2020-10-20
Use props
philipv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1509 ft
Philippines

The focus hunting on Potato Jet's review is terrible. But still an instabuy for me. I know DJI will fix it down the road.
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

kupoakupoa Posted at 10-20 05:18
Someone already knows if the Filter and Lenses from Pocket 1 can fit on Pocket 2 ?

Flip side - will OP2 accessories like joystick fit the OP1?
2020-10-20
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DaveSp Posted at 10-20 07:35
Flip side - will OP2 accessories like joystick fit the OP1?

I think I read the filters and original handle do fit both, so that implies the slide port on the front Will accommodate the new joystick.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

kupoakupoa Posted at 10-20 05:18
Someone already knows if the Filter and Lenses from Pocket 1 can fit on Pocket 2 ?

Hi kupoakupoa, thank you for reaching out and your inquiry. The DJI Pocket 2 Wide-Angle Lens is can be used with the Osmo Pocket. But the Osmo Pocket Lens won't be able to use with the DJI Pocket 2 hence the ND filters from the Osmo Pocket 1 is compatible with the Osmo Pocket 2. Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MKosmo Posted at 10-20 05:37
Looks really interesting !

Some nice new improvements and I suspect some more features,  will there be a pocket 2 manual download available ?

Hi MKosmo, thank you for reaching out and I appreciate your inquiry about the manual for Osmo Pocket 2. The downloadable manual is ready from the Official DJI website www.dji.com. You can refer to this link for the downloadable files for DJI Osmo Pocket 2 including the manuals. https://www.dji.com/pocket-2/downloads. Enjoy! Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
heatbud
lvl.1
Flight distance : 147569 ft
United States

wish you could use it as a webcam
2020-10-20
Use props
Fat Controller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155246 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MM_Pro Posted at 10-20 05:08
1, That sensor is only 1mm bigger
3, For me nothing new. i keep the old one

Likewise. Still  no built-in wifi remote control, still uses non-replaceable battery, and  still no GPS. I'll stick with the old one.
2020-10-20
Use props
mstrmnn
lvl.1

Germany

DjDaxx69 Posted at 10-20 05:40

But OP 2 comes with a sticker set!

Release is on November 1st, $349 for the Osmo Pocket, $499 for the kit.
2020-10-20
Use props
kenoot
lvl.1
Canada

Will the new gimbal lock by holding the function button be added to the OP1 as an update?
2020-10-20
Use props
mstrmnn
lvl.1

Germany

RE: DJI Pocket 2 - Magic At Hand

MM_Pro Posted at 10-20 05:08
1, That sensor is only 1mm bigger
3, For me nothing new. i keep the old one

"Only 1mm" isn't true.

1/2.3'': 6.17 x 4.55 mm = 28,0735 mm2
1/1.7'': 7.6 x 5.7 mm =  43,32 mm2

15,2465 mm2 more!
2020-10-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thank you hopefully for the improved audio.
Although the sensor is not that much bigger depending on how it is set up, the low light performance could be much better along with the f1.8 lens.
Also thank you for the extra slow motion speed. I like the extras pack. Good saving on buying separately.
Lots to look over in the specs. Would love to see some sound demos please rather than music overlay.
Very glad I could turn the glamour effect off.
You really kept all this very quiet. Congratulations. I will upgrade at some point I'm sure but think I'm going to have to save up a bit.
Well done DII.

Ray.
2020-10-20
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Prefer the tighter lens of the original one
2020-10-20
Use props
delpiero223
lvl.1
Germany

Klaus W. Posted at 10-20 08:44
Prefer the tighter lens of the original one

Same for me. If I want an wide-angle-lens, I'd buy an action cam.
2020-10-20
Use props
fans2f3a38db
lvl.2
Flight distance : 390299 ft
United Kingdom

DjDaxx69 Posted at 10-20 05:40

I just don’t understand why no live streaming?? No point me updating from op1..
2020-10-20
Use props
thalin
lvl.1
United States

Will the Pocket 2 have webcam functionality?
2020-10-20
Use props
JCBigler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2296145 ft
United States

Hello DJI, a couple of questions:

I would like to purchase one of these, but need to know the following information before I do.

1) Can you tell us what the latency (in miliseconds) is for the wireless mic adapter? I.e. the time between the input on the transmitter and the output to the file on the receiver?
2) Can you tell me what the power output rating for the 3.5mm port on the transmitter is? Will I be able to use a DPA 4099 miniature condenser mic, which requires 5v-10v phantom power to operate correctly?
3) What is the RF power output (in milliwatts) on the transmitter?
4) is it possible to use two transmitters and record two independent audio signals to the camera, such as for an interview with two people on camera?
5) is the pick up pattern for the onboard microphones cardioid, wide-cardioid, or omni directional? When in front and back mode, are they dual cardioid or figure 8? And are there in fact 4 microphones, one on each side for use in the ALL mode?

Thanks,
2020-10-20
Use props
DaveSp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I'm confused on the zoom feature - available only for still photos or is variable zoom available during video filming?
2020-10-20
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

[Sorry, some critique ahead]

Osmo Pocket 2 wasn't as exciting as expected. I feel happy that I didn't wait for the Osmo Pocket 2 and just bought the first version months ago. Video quality remained the same (4K/60fps and 100Mbps). Battery life remained the same (140 mins). Still no tripod mount built-in. The max exposure is still 8 seconds.

DJI introduced 240 fps on 1080p and now I understood why they removed the 200 fps option on the Osmo Pocket 1 when it was launched (you can find about it on Youtube, there was an option for 200 fps slow-motion).

The sensor size didn't reach 1", instead, 1/1.7". HDR option is not available yet, DJI says it will be available at a later date. No live stream, still.

64 MP photos are exciting but will it look great on such a small sensor? Even DSLRs don't have that. But anyway, it's a nice-to-have feature.

Digital zoom is featured on the Osmo Pocket 2, but it's digital zoom! Can't expect much from it, but again, it's a nice-to-have feature.

They said they added the AI editor but it's on the app. It can be done in the video editor?

Microphones are nice, it has 4 mics but there is no microphone jack on the camera. Motion lapses can be captured in photo + RAW, that's cool. And they added the Activetrack 3.0 to the timelapse mode.
2020-10-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool
2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Impressive looking gadget
2020-10-20
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

philipv Posted at 10-20 07:30
The focus hunting on Potato Jet's review is terrible. But still an instabuy for me. I know DJI will fix it down the road.

They fixed the focus pulsing in the OP1 too

LOL

2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

DaveSp Posted at 10-20 09:41
I'm confused on the zoom feature - available only for still photos or is variable zoom available during video filming?

I saw in one of the reviews, it is a smooth zoom you can adjust while filming. At 4K maximum zoom is 2X I think but at 1080p there is more playroom...
2020-10-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When I read statement that 7.6 x 5.7 mm sensor is delivering 64 megapixel image, an ugly troll is awakening inside me ...
2020-10-20
Use props
moshbit
lvl.1
United States

I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to connect more than one wireless mic?
2. Does connecting the wireless mic turn off the 4 mics on the camera?
3. Does connecting a lav mic to the included port turn off the 4 mics on the camera?

thanks!
2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-20 10:54
When I read statement that 7.6 x 5.7 mm sensor is delivering 64 megapixel image, an ugly troll is awakening inside me ...

Only it's black and white resolution is 64 megapixels, the color resolution is same as a 16MP sensor (one color filter for every 4 pixels). At what point it hits the diffraction limit is a totally different story though
2020-10-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

CemAygun Posted at 10-20 11:22
Only it's black and white resolution is 64 megapixels, the color resolution is same as a 16MP sensor (one color filter for every 4 pixels). At what point it hits the diffraction limit is a totally different story though

And how dumb a person must be to be lured by such absurd specification????
2020-10-20
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

No mic in, no 360 pano... Like Mavic Mini not so good as old Spark
2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-20 11:38
And how dumb a person must be to be lured by such absurd specification????

Well it is the dictionary definition of what I call a "MDD". "MDD" stands for "Marketing Department Design". I guess sometimes the engineering departments are too busy ...

Those sensors (there is also a Samsung one) are quite common in $200 range phones. Mavic Air 2 has the smaller version (1/2", 48MP with 12MP color filter) and according to the forum posts, the owners seem to be generally happy with it.

The sensor is almost always used by binning the pixels down to 16MP, which also is the color resolution so it should be ok for video. The weird architecture enables things like HDR video as well.

I would say as long as one is not buying DP2 for the 48MP photos, they should be good

2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

MARTINEZX Posted at 10-20 11:57
No mic in, no 360 pano... Like Mavic Mini not so good as old Spark

I believe there is a port on the "do it all" handle thingy (apart from the wireless connection). It de"pocket"izes the pocket though The combination looks huge...
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy
lvl.1
South Korea

Does it have pro mode like op1? And d-cinelike?
2020-10-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Philippines

djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy Posted at 10-20 12:36
Does it have pro mode like op1? And d-cinelike?

From the reviews I have watched, yes for both.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Really nice!
2020-10-20
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now