DJI GO 4 App Disconnected - Smartcontroller..
3445 12 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Today as a few days ago I continue to have some disconnections from the app.
I noticed that this happens when I'm in the air, and I change from Tripod to P. As if they don't like it or there is a bug.
I get win with the latest firmware version than with the previous version.
Any advice?
For DJI, we have some problems, if you tell me where to retrieve the connection logs..maybe you understand something. thanks.

2020-10-20
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

This once only happend to me with my Mavic 2 Zoom at full signal strength after I updated the latest SC firmware. The drone distance was only some 30 meters at an altitude of about 100 meters. Not sure if I used the flight mode switch, though. I turned the SC off and on again and luckily the connection resumed immediately.

However, after I relinked the SC with the drone it never happened again so far. So it might not be the worst idea to relink the equipment after an update.

After reading your post I got a little nervous and decided to do some tests by placing the drone in a remote room, connecting it and turning it on with no propellers installed. Because of the walls between the SC and the AC the signal strenght was only like 3-4 bars. I did this because I wanted to simulate a certain distance. I played with the flight mode button but the connection stood rock stable.

Have you tried to relink the SC with the drone after updating?
2020-10-21
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

FloridaNext Posted at 10-21 01:47
This once only happens to me with my Mavic 2 Zoom at full signal strength after I updated the latest SC firmware. The drone distance was only some 30 meters at an altitude of about 100 meters. Not sure if I used the flight mode switch, though. I turned the SC off and on again and luckily the connection resumed immediately.

However, after I relinked the SC with the drone it never happened again so far. So it might not be the worst idea to relink the equipment after an update.

Yes, I did.
I will try to do it again, but it would be useful a log that highlights the cause...which is not recorded.
I would say that flying with the smartcontroller is becoming more and more an anxious and risky experience every day.
I don't know if it's possible, and here DJI could help us, if it's possible to activate some debugging mode so that we can record everything and eventually use it.
The only doubt I have is that these problems may be caused by a misuse of the memory card inserted in the smartcontroller by the smartcontroller itself.
In your case was you had a memory card inserted?
I will try to fly for a while without a memory card, to "test" this option too.
2020-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello maurotandofilm, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you and I can't imagine how you feel right now. Have you updated the Smart Controller firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. There is a specific instruction that a Smart Controller with a firmware version of v01.00.04.75 or earlier must be updated using the DJI Assistant 2.

You can follow the instructions in the video tutorial as for guidance on how to use and where to download the DJI Assistant 2.

More over, you can also set the DJI Go 4 app back to default by clearing its cache.
1. Select DJI Go 4 then see Settings.
2. Tap "Clear Cache"
3. Next tap Check for update.
4. If no update you can skip and close the app and re-open.
Please let me know the result. Thank you.
2020-10-21
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122395 ft
  • >>>
Italy

hi, I wanted to ask if you have solved the problem .... I have been having the same problem for two months .... I changed 2 smart controllers but still the same disconnection problem.  Try 3 different micro sd ..... updated with DJI Assistant 2 .... contacted DJI technical assistance ... NOTHING .... keep disconnecting .... cleared cache .... I am convinced that it is  a Software Bug ... if you solved it how did you do it ????
2020-11-15
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF Posted at 11-15 14:35
hi, I wanted to ask if you have solved the problem .... I have been having the same problem for two months .... I changed 2 smart controllers but still the same disconnection problem.  Try 3 different micro sd ..... updated with DJI Assistant 2 .... contacted DJI technical assistance ... NOTHING .... keep disconnecting .... cleared cache .... I am convinced that it is  a Software Bug ... if you solved it how did you do it ????

Yes, but it happens randomly.
Since the smartcontroller control remains active (as we know there are two signals, one from the remote control and one from the app, for video etc), the problem is certainly not the smartcontroller, but the cause of these disconnections me app DJI go 4, which is not developed to handle certain exceptions.
When does it happen at the moment?
1. if you first turn on the drone and then the smartcontroller
2. if you enter the smartcontroller options menu (scroll down drop-down) when you are in flight (perhaps to change the brightness)
3. with the DJI go 4 version with the French version, and after they added the DJI Fly.

In my opinion this is not the smartcontroller but the software (no regression test).
Hopefully they will solve it with smartcontroller 3.0 or Sony with its "Airpeak" drone which will be presented at Marxo 2021...do better :-)
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

maurotandofilm Posted at 11-15 23:17
Yes, but it happens randomly.
Since the smartcontroller control remains active (as we know there are two signals, one from the remote control and one from the app, for video etc), the problem is certainly not the smartcontroller, but the cause of these disconnections me app DJI go 4, which is not developed to handle certain exceptions.
When does it happen at the moment?

thanks, but in the meantime it keeps disconnecting .... to avoid problems I also use the original controller in slave, of course spending 650 € for the dji go 4 app that crashes constantly IS NOT THE BEST .... thanks a lot
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_L2NZHKGW0FWF
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

hi everyone, i wanted to ask if anyone knows how to disable the message - popup - on smart controller firmware upgrade .... if i downgrade to firmware v.01.00.0700 it is more stable and there should be no disconnection.  Now the firmware installed is v.01.00.0820 the latest .... but I don't have a mavic air 2 !!!  if I downgrade to the old firmware, every time the smart controller is switched on it keeps telling me that it is available in new firmware !!!  thank you all
2020-11-18
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
France

Hi
Same issue here with  Dji Go App disconnecting / NOT RESPONDING while flying .
Smart controller Fw : v01..01.0064 , this is a Nightmare !!!
2021-12-3
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 12-3 14:03
Hi
Same issue here with  Dji Go App disconnecting / NOT RESPONDING while flying .
Smart controller Fw : v01..01.0064 , this is a Nightmare !!!

So,v01.01.0064 is the latest firmware? How often does this disconnect happen? I have an SC on that firmware but haven't flown it recently due to weather. I wonder if any other SC users are experiencing this and/or is Dji aware and investigating.
2021-12-7
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

Coincidence ? not sure but I removed the 256GB SD card from the SC , since then no issues , 5 uninterrupted flights yesterday and today , I then formatted the card , update the drone and all , reinserted the SD , for now no issues so far  ( a couple of very short flights ) , 8-16minutes each but NO interruptions , before , the App  would freeze  randomly every  3 or 4  minutes .
2021-12-7
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 12-7 06:55
Coincidence ? not sure but I removed the 256GB SD card from the SC , since then no issues , 5 uninterrupted flights yesterday and today , I then formatted the card , update the drone and all , reinserted the SD , for now no issues so far  ( a couple of very short flights ) , 8-16minutes each but NO interruptions , before , the App  would freeze  randomly every  3 or 4  minutes .

Could it have been that the card caused the problems ie, card speed, size etc.......... or have you flown with it in the past and had no issues at all?
2021-12-7
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
France

yogi053 Posted at 2021-12-7 07:05
Could it have been that the card caused the problems ie, card speed, size etc.......... or have you flown with it in the past and had no issues at all?

Yes could be , so far its working now , I havent been flying much lately  but whenever I need to do so , the controller is operational without issues with  SD in .
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules