Every known Specs and Tips of Pocket 2 (RAW + JPG removed)
123Next >
11012 89 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

RailwayFX Posted at 10-20 14:37
Does motionlapse and hyperlapse also support RAW DNG and in what resolution does it shoot them?

When Timelapse mode selected, you can choose RAW DNG from Pro mode menu.
Should work with Timelapse, Motionlape and Hyperlapse as well.

When it comes the resolution, I am not sure.
16MP definitly but 64MP is questionable...
2020-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 10-21 08:40

I think 16mp , if it’s similar to Air 2 you won’t be able to use 64mp I would imaging total file size would be pretty big.
2020-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 07:02
All I can tell you is it’s really good on Osmo pocket 1, maybe with wider field of view and bigger sensor will make it even better.

Looking forward to seeing that.
2020-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 07:00
Yes just like the smaller drones, two things would make this perfect Manual aperture and manual focus, not that you need them all the time, but they are there when you need them. Was also surprised that HDR was limited to 2.7k. But overall it’s $20 cheaper and it’s a whole lot better than pocket 1 .

I see.
So you need to rely on ND filters for getting a good shutterspeed.
2020-10-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 10-21 10:11
I see.
So you need to rely on ND filters for getting a good shutterspeed.

Yes if you filming moving objects people or water .
2020-10-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 10-21 11:30
Yes if you filming moving objects people or water .

True.
Not the biggest problem.
ND filters do the trick.
It looks like a really nice little camera!
2020-10-21
Use props
RailwayFX
lvl.2
Russia

Tide Posted at 10-21 08:40

I talked with a person, who had an access to DJI Pocket 2, so here are some answers:Motionlapse supports RAW, sensor is cropped to 16:9 and dng files have resolution 4608x2592. Also the minimum interval between shots is 4 seconds, and the maximum shutter speed is 8 sec.
Hyperlapse doesn't support RAW, only video.

here is the first frame from test timelapse

dji osmo pocket 2 raw time-lapse

dji osmo pocket 2 raw time-lapse

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 7v/view?usp=sharing

Anyway this is a game changing for me, I made an order
2020-10-22
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

djiuser_vPjL8ZjeQhut Posted at 10-20 10:59
I would like to know if the minimum interval for the motionlapse has been decreased - on OP1 it is 2-3 seconds, I was hoping Pocket 2 could do a little bit shorter interval of 1 second. Also, can timelapse/motionlapse videos be saved in 4K straight from the Pocket 2? OP1 only does 1080p, so I’ve had to do timelapse photos instead of videos in order to convert them to 4K afterwards - getting a 4K lapse video straight from the camera would be huge for me. Lastly, did DJI add any way to turn off the screen while recording a timelapse on the Pocket 2? It’s annoying that my OP1 screen stays on the entire time (unless I connect it to my phone and keep the Mimo app open, which doesn’t help). If anyone can answer those questions for me, I’d appreciate it!

So far there is no mention about minimum timelapse interval.
Photo timelapse now supports DNG RAW but video resolution is not yet confirmed and with people who has early hands on experience mention not finding it from the menu.

From the tutorial video, screen never turn off during the timelapse.
2020-10-22
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

RailwayFX Posted at 10-22 16:15
I talked with a person, who had an access to DJI Pocket 2, so here are some answers:Motionlapse supports RAW, sensor is cropped to 16:9 and dng files have resolution 4608x2592. Also the minimum interval between shots is 4 seconds, and the maximum shutter speed is 8 sec.
Hyperlapse doesn't support RAW, only video.

Pocket 1 was taking 16:9 4000x2250 jpg file.
It is huge improvement over 1.

Pocket 1's Hyperlapse was limited to 1080P, wonder if it is upgrade to 4K.
2020-10-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The 3 x 3 panorama if taken using the 64 megapixel setting would turn out to be a huge very high resolution file - or maybe it defaults to the lower MP setting.
2020-10-22
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-22 20:16
The 3 x 3 panorama if taken using the 64 megapixel setting would turn out to be a huge very high resolution file - or maybe it defaults to the lower MP setting.

Interesting question.
Being able to take a 576MP photo would be amazing.
2020-10-23
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-23 19:17
Interesting question.
Being able to take a 576MP photo would be amazing.

Hi Tide.
Have you noticed the list of compatible phones yet?
As before DJI fail to disclose phones tested with the advertising blurb or that it may not be able to be used with all phones.
To be fair it's not just DJI that does things like this but it becomes a pain after a while to make sure that this will work with that or something needs extra help or an upgrade to get full function.
I wonder if we will get another round of newcomers saying 'I can't active my Pocket' or 'My phone won't connect?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to do a downer on what is a good upgrade in many respects, I'm just tired of not getting a full picture from available specs that leads to speculation of this sort.
Ray.
2020-10-23
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Does anyone have information on on the slow motion crop?  It still seems to be there but I don't know the extent. I think I also caught a glimpse in Potato Jet's video stating that the HDR mode  has a crop as well (the video was utterly insufferable, I could not bear watching it fully). Any information on that?
2020-10-24
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

CemAygun Posted at 10-24 00:14
Does anyone have information on on the slow motion crop?  It still seems to be there but I don't know the extent. I think I also caught a glimpse in Potato Jet's video stating that the HDR mode  has a crop as well (the video was utterly insufferable, I could not bear watching it fully). Any information on that?
According to the iPhonedo, slowmotion has 17% crop which is better than 49% crop of Pocket 1.

(Will update it on the main posting...)
2020-10-24
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Tide Posted at 10-24 00:20
According to the iPhonedo, slowmotion has 17% crop which is better than 49% crop of Pocket 1.

(Will update it on the main posting...)

Ah, excellent information again, thanks a lot Given already the wider lens, that is not something to worry much about.
2020-10-24
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-23 19:54
Hi Tide.
Have you noticed the list of compatible phones yet?
As before DJI fail to disclose phones tested with the advertising blurb or that it may not be able to be used with all phones.

I only found this information.

Phone compatibility is matter of Mimo app compatibility.
At least Mimo app page has above compatibility list but... it is out dated.

Acorrding to the list iPhone 11 or 12 is not supported at all...
and They only test Chinese made android phones (+ 3 years old two google phone.)
I do understand that testing all andriod phone is impossible but at least they can try some major brand...

So far, all we can rely on is their iOS and Andriod OS version specification.
If OS version is met or above, our phone should be compatible...

I agree with you. A lot of new comers will be confused with the Pocket 2 activation.
Especially ones with android phone with Micro USB port...
2020-10-24
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Tide

Excellent info thanks.  Has started a very useful thread.

John
2020-10-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-24 08:31
[view_image]
I only found this information.

Hi Tide.
My somewhat now dated Huawei P8 Lite 2017 phone was never on the old list let alone the new one but does run the latest Mimo update and work now better than before with a rock solid connection all be it having to use the base port of the Osmo Pocket. The side port just doesn't recognize the phone which I find odd. And yes it uses micro USB rather than a USB-C port. Prior to the last Mimo update I could only get a connection when the Osmo Pocket was set to 1080p and under 30fps. Now it works at all resolutions and frame speeds.
Assuming it's the app that is important I may put off upgrading my phone yet again.

Ray.
2020-10-24
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

John Walker Posted at 10-24 09:52
Hi Tide

Excellent info thanks.  Has started a very useful thread.

Will update as find more information  
2020-10-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-24 18:39
Will update as find more information

Hi Tide.

Personally I think the best information will come from you once you have had time to evaluate your own Pocket 2.
I trust the users here much more than the myriad of YouTube influences DJI send these samples out to. They are mainly vloggers who have different requirements than some other users.
I have now seen a couple of very good YouTube videos now from German influencers but unfortunately I can't understand a word  they say although their footage is really nice.

I have also thought about DJI dropping the mov. format which is really only MP4 in a different wrapper. I think it may have been dropped because support for Windows is now also mainly missing relying on having to download the last working version of QuickTime for Windows (or at least parts of it) to effectively play back the files.

Ray.
2020-10-25
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-25 02:26
Hi Tide.

Personally I think the best information will come from you once you have had time to evaluate your own Pocket 2.

Haha I will do my best.
2020-10-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Trying to keep all this in one place for reference.
From DJI Wanda on the subject of audio and the Do It All Handle and the wireless transmitter.

Hello, thank you for your questions on the DJI Pocket 2. (wasn't me, it was  fansfe82067d)

1. Both TRS & TRRS connectors are worked with the DJI Pocket 2.
2. It supports both mono and stereo recording when using with the  DJI Pocket 2 Do -it-all handle. If you use a wireless mic, it only support the mono.
3. Yes it supports earphones and headphones both.
4. Currently it only support audio recording and playback, monitoring is not supported.
5. We support the earphones' input and output but does not support doing it at the same time.
6. It will not damage your mic/earphone with 3.5mm connector, at the same time the audio output will automatically transfer to the mic when you plug in the DJI Pocket 2.

So I take that to mean that on record, the Do it All Handle acts as mic in. Stereo or mono depending on mic.
On playback it acts as headphone out. Possibly stereo but don't know for sure.
Can't do both at once.

That the Wireless microphone adaptors 3.5mm jack is mic in only and mono.

No live monitoring possible as in record it would treat headphones as microphones on the Do it all Handle.

That it is not possible to run the wireless mic and the Do it all Handle 3.5mm jack at the same time.

Personally I can live with that.

2020-10-27
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-27 00:51
Trying to keep all this in one place for reference.
From DJI Wanda on the subject of audio and the Do It All Handle and the wireless transmitter.

Updated on the main article.
2020-10-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 10-27 05:04
Updated on the main article.

Add smart detection of what is connected to that jack. Knows the difference between mic and headphones due to impedance differences.

Why the heck didn't they mention this? Didn't they think it was important!

2020-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Tide Posted at 10-27 05:04
Updated on the main article.

Yeah excellent and plenty of improvements I wasn’t aware of thank you.
2020-10-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-27 08:52
Add smart detection of what is connected to that jack. Knows the difference between mic and headphones due to impedance differences.

Why the heck didn't they mention this? Didn't they think it was important!

Some programmer smoking weed forgot to mention his handiwork;+)
2020-10-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-27 14:01
Some programmer smoking weed forgot to mention his handiwork;+)

2020-10-28
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Now 0.5 and 1 second timelapse interval is confirmed with new tutorial video.
Also 4K and 2.7K Hyperlapse is possible in Pocket 2.
2020-10-29
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Updated removal of RAW + JPG photo option.
Now you can only choose RAW or JPG.
2020-11-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 11-2 03:31
Updated removal of RAW + JPG photo option.
Now you can only choose RAW or JPG.

Hi Tide.
I just noticed on a recent video that although the new Pocket 2 has dropped the name Osmo, that all the handle attachments have the word Osmo printed into them.
What's going on?  
2020-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Must be osmosis.
2020-11-7
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-7 01:29
Hi Tide.
I just noticed on a recent video that although the new Pocket 2 has dropped the name Osmo, that all the handle attachments have the word Osmo printed into them.
What's going on?

Maybe they dropped Osmo name after getting into handle's production or certification.
2020-11-7
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-7 01:29
Hi Tide.
I just noticed on a recent video that although the new Pocket 2 has dropped the name Osmo, that all the handle attachments have the word Osmo printed into them.
What's going on?

Also look at my Pocket 2 forum badge.
I says Osmo Pocket 2.
2020-11-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Tide Posted at 11-7 09:11
Also look at my Pocket 2 forum badge.
I says Osmo Pocket 2.

I don't have any badges at all
2020-11-7
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Hi Tide, great work with the updates, thanks again. I remember seeing the zoom breakdown (lossy and lossless modes) in one of the reviews but I did not bookmark it, and for the life of me I cannot find it again. If anyone has access to the list, can they please post it here?

Cheers,
2020-11-8
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

CemAygun Posted at 11-8 13:35
Hi Tide, great work with the updates, thanks again. I remember seeing the zoom breakdown (lossy and lossless modes) in one of the reviews but I did not bookmark it, and for the life of me I cannot find it again. If anyone has access to the list, can they please post it here?

Cheers,

I have tested zoom.
It is just a lossy digital zoom.
Hope it would been lossless.
2020-11-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Tide Posted at 11-9 05:42
I have tested zoom.
It is just a lossy digital zoom.
Hope it would been lossless.

Ah I see In this review they claimed some multiplication/resolution combos are lossless; like up to 2X at 2.7K and up to 3X at 1080p etc. etc.  (they had a list). On paper it made sense...

Well, the review Pocket 1 units had 240 fps which we never saw in the retail ones

Thanks for the info,

Cheers

2020-11-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have to say that I have been impressed with the appearance of zoomed video that I have seen on YouTube - regardless of whether it's actually lossless or not - better than I would have expected to obtain in an editing system - but maybe YouTube is not the place to judge.
2020-11-9
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I'm leaving my opinion here. Maybe to help someone. Or some to hate.

Pocket 2 is long waited big sister to the Lilliput Cyclop family of mine.

I always use Controller Wheel with Pocket 2. I tried and wanted to love Stick so much but.. It makes klicking, nips, naps, how ever you want to name it.  And Pocket records it. When pressed up down left right, each direction physically says Klick. I hate it.

Controller Wheel is totally silent and I use it for up and down, I turn left and right using hand in normal situations. Controller Wheel is also "stepless", you dont have to select speed to use. When Handle is attached to Pocket 2 with Controller Wheel it feels very good in hand. Very easy to hold and operate. I keep zooming option in the screen if I need it. Wheel also helps to put Pocket 2 in to the case power button down cos with Wheel it can be placed only one way. Wheel also change selfie mode (and back) just single button.  Controller Wheel is totally underrated in my opinion. When I ordered it 2 years ago I had my own hate for it but wanted to try. And cant live anymore without it. I actually hoped improved CW for Pocket 2.

Tip: If you start Pocket 2 like Pocket one using right button. It wont look at you on start up.
Tip 2: Mimo app works with Sony Xperia 5 like a dream. All Sony USB C phones I know seems to work with Mimo without any any problems.
Tip 3: While video playback tapping up and down the screen you can change volume of the speaker and also mute it.

I want RAW + JPG back. No matter that I have to wait that Pocket generates it. I want it back..Plus I wanted Pocket 2 be 12mpx. Megapixels do not generate image quality and with 12mpx it would take more light in it. 64 is just sort of selling trick. I hate it.

Still: finally I have device I wanted like whole life.
Perfect family camera (and million other ways to use it for)

2020-11-10
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 07:00
Yes just like the smaller drones, two things would make this perfect Manual aperture and manual focus, not that you need them all the time, but they are there when you need them. Was also surprised that HDR was limited to 2.7k. But overall it’s $20 cheaper and it’s a whole lot better than pocket 1 .

I couldn't find anywhere to active HDR Video yet ?
Can you point it to me ??
2020-11-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules