no display on controller screen
446 8 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

when I turn on the controller for my Mavic 2 pro there is no activity on the controller`s screen. Just blank!
This has been going on for a while and I originally got around this by turning on the controller (leaving it unconnected) and waiting for it to beep about 5 minutes later. At that point the screen was somehow woken up and I was able to connect as normal. But now it only beeps but no display lights up.

Is there a workaround or is it toast? Thanks
Ian

2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Ian, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried to update the firmware for the Mavic 2 pro's remote controller. Would it be possible as well to reply with a video recording of the issue you are experiencing for us to further investigate this. Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-20 08:58
Hello Ian, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried to update the firmware for the Mavic 2 pro's remote controller. Would it be possible as well to reply with a video recording of the issue you are experiencing for us to further investigate this. Thank you.

I shall try, even without the controller showing anything.
Looking on the About panel in the app on my phone it says I have 4.3.37. But  I read in the release notes that that`s IOS. But my phone`s Android. Should I be on 4.3.36?
2020-10-20
Use props
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

Ian Swarbrick Posted at 10-20 09:31
I shall try, even without the controller showing anything.
Looking on the About panel in the app on my phone it says I have 4.3.37. But  I read in the release notes that that`s IOS. But my controller`s Android. Should I be on 4.3.36?

I don`t appear to be able to update the controller. I open the Assistant 2 for Mavic app on my desktop, then plug the usb cable in. I get a note asking me to confirm proceedure for updating the Mavic Mini. That`s it. No way forward from there after I click "confirm" (as if it`s the mini!)

So it seems the controller connects neither to my desktop nor to my phone

2020-10-20
Use props
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

Ian Swarbrick Posted at 10-20 09:44
I don`t appear to be able to update the controller. I open the Assistant 2 for Mavic app on my desktop, then plug the usb cable in. I get a note asking me to confirm proceedure for updating the Mavic Mini. That`s it. No way forward from there after I click "confirm" (as if it`s the mini!)

All I could show you in a video tbh is me correctly turning on the controller, it then giving its turning on bleep but then nothing happening on the display. Correct me if I`m wrong, but I think you`d be none the wiser at the end of it.
2020-10-20
Use props
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

2020-10-20
Use props
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

2020-10-20
Use props
Ian Swarbrick
lvl.1

Switzerland

here`s a low res video showing the problem

2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ian Swarbrick Posted at 10-20 10:37
I don`t appear to be able to update the controller. I open the Assistant 2 for Mavic app on my desktop, then plug the usb cable in. I get a note asking me to confirm proceedure for updating the Mavic Mini. That`s it. No way forward from there after I click "confirm" (as if it`s the mini!)

Hi Ian, thank you for your response. This issue has been assessed in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=227162

Thank you and I'm looking forward to the remote controller to get fix.
2020-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules