Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Wondered if someone can help on this one?

We reclenlty aquired a Mavic Air 2, but we just cant get the Intelgent flight modes to work, thats the ones like active track etc.

There should be a window in the bottom centre of the screen, which allows you to slect an item like a perposn by tapping the screen, then pick the flight mode.

But the three window buttons at the bottom centre of the screen are not there.

We understand it has to be in the air to selct them but they are not there.

We have updated the firmware using DJI Assistant V2 to the latest firware.

We have tried to recalibarte the IMU and Compass, but no change.

Any pointers on what to try next?

2020-10-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In normal mode these modes can be found by open up the menu, soft button above the record icon.

In the menu also an option to automatic detect objecs to track, if that option is ON that in the lower part middle screen you will see indeed what you want.

cheers
JJB
2020-10-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-20 06:44
In normal mode these modes can be found by open up the menu, soft button above the record icon.

In the menu also an option to automatic detect objecs to track, if that option is ON that in the lower part middle screen you will see indeed what you want.

Hi Bud, thanks so much for the post.

However i was just about to update it to say we have fixed it, so it was a non issue and sorry to trouble you.

It was hidden in the control menu, the option to have target scanning was not selected.

Plus we are so used to using the DJI Go 4 App, this new DJY Fly app is a bit of a different beast to master.

Thanks again for the reply.
2020-10-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-20 07:10

However i was just about to update it to say we have fixed it, so it was a non issue and sorry to trouble you.

My pleasure to help if i can

many happy landings with your MA2  its a great drone!

cheers
JJB
2020-10-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 10-20 07:14
My pleasure to help if i can

many happy landings with your MA2  its a great drone!

Thanks JJB!!

Yes we love it so far, its been bought to address the specific needs of one particular client.
2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-20 07:10

In the absence of target scanning you can also draw a box around the subject and that will also bring up the focus track options. Once you've selected one of the three be sure to tap GO quite quickly or it will default back to Spotlight.
2020-10-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-20 07:32
In the absence of target scanning you can also draw a box around the subject and that will also bring up the focus track options. Once you've selected one of the three be sure to tap GO quite quickly or it will default back to Spotlight.

Thanks AJ,

It was that fact that confused us at first, because we cant draw any subject boxes at all without that menu option being tuned on.
2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-20 07:45
Thanks AJ,

It was that fact that confused us at first, because we cant draw any subject boxes at all without that menu option being tuned on.

I tested active track today and after enabling the target scanning it still didn't highlight myself or any subjects - very odd. I landed straight away and after rebooting the drone it worked perfectly. Little glitch.
2020-10-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-20 07:51
I tested active track today and after enabling the target scanning it still didn't highlight myself or any subjects - very odd. I landed straight away and after rebooting the drone it worked perfectly. Little glitch.

Ah perhaps it is a glitch.

That’s also why we tried the original controller over the smart controller.

But the same issue occurred on both controllers.

I suspect its a little bug that’s got to be ironed out.
2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-20 07:57
Ah perhaps it is a glitch.

That’s also why we tried the original controller over the smart controller.

First time it ever happened - I just turned on the drone at home now and still fine. Odd that you've experienced the same issue. May be something to do with fly app v1.1.10 as never happened before on the previous app versions though it was darker than normal today - perhaps the lighting affected it.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nigelpugh7. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues before with the intelligent flight modes on the DJI Fly application and it is great to know that have already resolved the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-10-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-20 19:17
Hello there Nigelpugh7. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues before with the intelligent flight modes on the DJI Fly application and it is great to know that have already resolved the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Thanks Stephen!!

If the glitch reappears i will make sure i post about it here.

2020-10-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the section in the menu options that you have to turn on, just in case anyone else has the same issue.

2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Nigelpugh7 Posted at 10-20 22:10
Thanks Stephen!!

If the glitch reappears i will make sure i post about it here.

Hi there Nigelpugh7. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-10-22
Use props
Nigelpugh7
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers guys!

Hope this works im now using a new android tablet, way out of my UI comfort zone!
2021-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules