OM4 compatibility with big phone case
9775 11 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrGadjet
New
Canada

i am loking to buy the new osmo mobile 4 to replace my OM2. my S20 Ultra is 86mm wide and 15mm thick with the case ,it was to big for the OM2 and it looks like it is to big for the OM4 clip also. do you have a solution? considering the price of those phone i dont want to remove the protection around it each time .
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello MrGadjet, thank you for reaching out and your inquiry. Currently, Osmo Mobile 4 is compatible with the Samsung S20 Ultra without the case and can be used either the Magnetic Phone Clamp or the Magnetic Ring holder. But with a large phone case, the magnetic phone clamp can hold 67-84mm wide and 6.9-10 mm thickness only. On the other hand it is recommended to attached the magnetic Ring holder at the back of the phone without a case. Otherwise, the gimbal performance may be affected and mobile device will be prone to accidental drop.

You can also refer to the Osmo Mobile 4 manual on how to properly attached the magnetic holder and select page 6. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_en.pdf

Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
vintril
New
Flight distance : 116401 ft
United States

I'm not sure  that the question here was answered  as I also have the same issue is there a  mounting clip that  I can use to operate the om4 with a case  on my IPHONE 12 12 pro max  i prefer to keep the phone protected an in its case.. do you have a real solution  and i dont want to glue something to the back of my case.... and ruin  the ability to use other magsafe accessories
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_RifqaXaUp9WC
New

Nepal

I am facing same problem with my iphone12 with case
2021-1-14
Use props
djiuser_eyIgG0KeTrpr
New

United Kingdom

vintril Posted at 1-10 15:24
I'm not sure  that the question here was answered  as I also have the same issue is there a  mounting clip that  I can use to operate the om4 with a case  on my IPHONE 12 12 pro max  i prefer to keep the phone protected an in its case.. do you have a real solution  and i dont want to glue something to the back of my case.... and ruin  the ability to use other magsafe accessories

Have you found a solution as yet because I have the same phone as you and don’t feel safe using it without a case
2021-2-16
Use props
djiuser_Kzpy1v0zqYmU
New

Germany

Hi,
I tested the Osmo4. It is nice from the features it has.

Anyhow I see it the same way as people before here in the forum. I bought a 1000+ € phone and will not
  -leave it without a protective case just because I sometimes want to use a gimble
- take the phone in and out the case as this would not be good for the case and the phone and is not practical at all.

So what options are left? Unfortunately not using and recommending the DJI Osmo4.

I would love seeing a clip that could handle what I would consider the normal case sizes. Then it would make sense to me buying an OSMO4
2021-2-17
Use props
fans747a45c5
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I would buy a case for my iPhone if it had the mag already in it and ready to go.  I would think that this would be a no brainer.
2021-3-28
Use props
SlimShady
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734738 ft
  • >>>
United States

And this is where the conversation ends lol. It's obvious that DJI doesn't really care about this one, but yet we all keep sending them our money.
2021-4-20
Use props
djiuser_fpOBKY3aV4ZW
New

Australia

djiuser_Kzpy1v0zqYmU Posted at 2-17 04:30
Hi,

Agreed. Why don't they sell a case?
2021-7-17
Use props
victor.ASA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 451155 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Same here. iPhone 12 Pro Max in the case.  
2021-7-26
Use props
victor.ASA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 451155 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

djiuser_Kzpy1v0zqYmU Posted at 2-17 04:30
Hi,

Totally agree.
2021-7-26
Use props
Ox D Fuente
New

United States

There is an after market phone holder clamp extension for the dji clamp will fit a phone with any case or other option is superglue to a hard back case... dji didnt think this product through but they should offer some solution of their own instead of us trying to make it work...
2021-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules