Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery fully drained and controller binding
657 7 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
studfarm86
lvl.2
United States

Two weeks ago my air 2 got stuck in a tree/destroyed.  I couldn't recover it until the next day, at which point the battery had been fully drained. I charged it back up to around 60%, and it seemed to charge fine. I know fully draining it is not good, but is it safe to still use the battery, maybe just keep an eye on it?

Dji has sent a replacement drone in the mail (refresh). Props to how fast they were. I sent it to CA from MI, and I'll have it back in less than 2 weeks from when I shipped it.

I didnt send my controller in. I'm hoping i can bind my current controller to the new air 2? I'm assuming they just sent the replacement drone to me, and not another full package (controller, battery, etc)? On the shipment description from dji when they mailed it back to me said "air 2 aircraft and gimbal camera".  The package weighs 3.3lbs so I'm thinkimg they sent me more than just another air 2.
2020-10-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yup you will be able to bind the RC to the new Ac without issues, also if the battery ran to 0% and when you charged it up and it took charge all should be good with it.
2020-10-20
Use props
studfarm86
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 10-20 09:20
Yup you will be able to bind the RC to the new Ac without issues, also if the battery ran to 0% and when you charged it up and it took charge all should be good with it.

Thank you!
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there studfarm86. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. As Suren posted on post #2 kindly please try to link you DJI remote controller to your DJI Mavic Air 2 fro you to be able to use and fly the said DJI drone. For reference I will post a DJI Tutorial video on how to link the your DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller to the DJI Mavic Air 2 drone. Thank you.

2020-10-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You're welcome
2020-10-20
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

A battery level of 0% displayed in the DJI Fly app doesn't mean it's completely empty, there is still energy stored in it, just not enough to power the Mavic Air 2's flight motors or flight controller. Unless the battery spent significant amounts of time in this state and the voltage dropped further, it shouldn't have suffered any real damage. As Suren said, if the battery accepted a charge afterwards, it's fine to fly with it.
2020-10-21
Use props
studfarm86
lvl.2
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 10-21 13:45
A battery level of 0% displayed in the DJI Fly app doesn't mean it's completely empty, there is still energy stored in it, just not enough to power the Mavic Air 2's flight motors or flight controller. Unless the battery spent significant amounts of time in this state and the voltage dropped further, it shouldn't have suffered any real damage. As Suren said, if the battery accepted a charge afterwards, it's fine to fly with it.

the aircraft was in a tree for 48 hours, so the battery was probably fulled drained.  I'm guessing
2020-10-23
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The drone powers down before the battery is fully drained. When it's just hanging in a tree powered down, the battery doesn't lose much of the remaining energy. It will be fine.
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules