Osmo action reset itself to stock firmware (missing hyperlapse, ...)
3111 11 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gxxr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27323 ft
Austria

Hi,

my osmo action reset itself to what appears to be stock firmware from the initial release. It claims to have the most recent firmeware (therefore I can't update it) but all the newer features are gone. I have found this problem on the forum and the solution seems to be a special "reset firmware", but I can't find it anywhere. I've written to support but I haven't received a response within a day. And yes, it's urgent: I'm on a trip which I wanted to film with the osmo action, and all of a sudden it decides to become a defective product. Please help (and send me the special firmware to get the features back). There is currently no hyperlapse, and the screen is terribly laggy.

Thanks
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello gxxr, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Have you tried to update the firmware using an SD card. If not, kindly follow the steps in this video link:

You can find the zip file here: https://www.dji.com/osmo-action/info#downloads

If the issue persist, you can proceed with the Factory Reset. Just a quick reminder save your important files first before proceeding with the Factory Reset.
1. Select "Settings" and then select "Factory Reset"
2. And/or long press power button for more than 12s to reset.
Please let me know the result. Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
gxxr
lvl.2
Austria

I already wrote:
"It claims to have the most recent firmeware (therefore I can't update it)"?
It won't initiate a firmeware update because it thinks it's on the newest firmware. A factory reset doesn't do anything.
I've done my research, I know what the solution is, I just need to be sent this special firmware that fixes your buggy &/(/&& product!

See this thread please. https://forum.dji.com/thread-215599-1-1.html
2020-10-20
Use props
gxxr
lvl.2
Austria

So when my 2 month old device stopps working correctly and I'm on a trip where I wanted to use it, it's impossible to get any help here, or via DJI support within 3 days?
Great job, DJI, great job. Maybe it's gonna be GoPro after all...
2020-10-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

you are on a forum, that will c/p a response. rest assured they will find an answer.   DJI has specific firmware when asked will be given. here you go and good luck  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jibtt ... 2D-W73ofYz2E_a?dl=0
2020-10-22
Use props
gxxr
lvl.2
Austria

Fishycomics Posted at 10-22 03:10
you are on a forum, that will c/p a response. rest assured they will find an answer.   DJI has specific firmware when asked will be given. here you go and good luck  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jibttc7eg4osa4h/AADxjMWpxBH2D-W73ofYz2E_a?dl=0

Thank you so much! I'll give that a try.
I'm trying all channels, but the official support channels seem even more useless than the response I got here initially. I hate the first level c*** - when I've already done the research for them and know exactly what I need, and they start with asking me about my mimo version number instead of just reading what I wrote. Also, they take 2 days per email, which doesn't make it a smooth process.
2020-10-22
Use props
gxxr
lvl.2
Austria

Thanks a lot! It worked perfectly. I don't know why it's so difficult for DJI to supply this firmware (and it's sad that a workaround like this is needed in the first place). Thanks for saving the footage for this trip!
2020-10-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

No sweat.  glad to help out .
2020-10-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

gxxr Posted at 10-22 00:58
So when my 2 month old device stopps working correctly and I'm on a trip where I wanted to use it, it's impossible to get any help here, or via DJI support within 3 days?
Great job, DJI, great job. Maybe it's gonna be GoPro after all...

Familiarize yourself with the live CHAT feature on the support pages (click on Support at the bottom of any forum page).  I have found success 98% of the time. Be prepared to add detailed descriptions, firmware versions, App versions, the type of phone/tablet you're using, and anything that narrows the description of the problem.  
2020-12-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

chat sure does work, the only way to get wit them if an email fails
2020-12-3
Use props
fansb5ad0346
lvl.1
Turkey

Son güncellemeden (OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.10.00.40.bin) sonra osmo eylemim kayboldu ve hiper atlama işlevi çalışmıyor. fabrika ayarlarına sıfırlanmaz. Tüm tavsiyelere uydum ama iyileşmiyor. Çok üzgünüm ve sinirliyim Bana yardım et! Lütfen.
2021-3-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

if you got issues with firmware  the options are laid out on the topic here
2021-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules