1457 7 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anon987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1191 ft
Sweden

Hi,

I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 in order to take pictures for orthophotography, creating 3D-point clouds and running mapping missions. But since I unpacked it five days ago I haven't been able to do so. There are no mapping mission available in the built in controller or nothing similar to use.

I have tried all of these different approaches

1. I bought I Matrice 300 (not only for this), and tried to connect that controller instead since it had the possibility to plan missions. No success!
2. I installed GS Pro on my iPad Pro and tried to connect it to the drone. No success!
3. I installed DJI GO 4 on the iPad and tried to connect it to the drone. No success!
4. I wen't and bought all sorts of cables so I could connect the aircraft, remote, computer, iPad, android tablet and everything together to try and solve this. No success!

WHY isn't this possible? I have a mission in GS Pro, but it refuses to connect to my aircraft. I can plan missions on the Matrice 300 controller but not on the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0.

I've read all manuals for all software and drones.. it says "Connect the drone as you would in DJI GO 4 to the iPad..."

Am I missing something here or is this version of the Phantom just less useful and ment for playing around?

2020-10-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

WHY isn't this possible?
It's not possible because you bought the + model.
The + controller is a closed environment and won't allow you to install 3rd party mapping apps.
Another issue is that GS Pro is an iOS app and won't run on any Android device.

Am I missing something here or is this version of the Phantom just less useful and ment for playing around?
The Phantom 4 pro V2.0 is one of the best mapping drones available.
You need to get the regular controller rather than the + model.
Then you can load DroneDeploy or one of the other mapping apps and do what you are trying to.

2020-10-20
Use props
anon987
lvl.1
Sweden

Thank you for clearing this out!

I read that a lot of P4 models were supported by GS Pro and quite shocked that choosing a +model would limit this.
Do you perhaps happen to know if it's possible to link the P4P+ to the Matrice 300 controller? I tried it but I couldn't manage to link it somehow.
2020-10-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

anon987 Posted at 10-21 10:46
Thank you for clearing this out!

I read that a lot of P4 models were supported by GS Pro and quite shocked that choosing a +model would limit this.

It's not shocking.

Your + controller has an Android tablet and GS pro is an iOS app

Do you perhaps happen to know if it's possible to link the P4P+ to the Matrice 300 controller?
Probably not, the Matrice 300 uses a new OcuSync Enterprise transmission system that has only just been developed.

If you shop around on ebay etc, you can probably find someone that lost their P4 pro V2.0 drone and is selling the controller.
Just make sure it's a V2.0 controller (GL300L) as the original and V2.0 use different transmission systems which are not compatible.

The original version controller is GL300F
2020-10-21
Use props
anon987
lvl.1
Sweden

Thank you!

I understand that I wouldn't be able to use the GS Pro _with_ the remote controller, but had an idea of using it instead of the controller since I could download DJI GO 4 on the iPad, but maybe it's not possible to use just the iPad for planning missions without the controller itself.

I think the Matrice 300 controller is Android-based as well. But it probably has another app installed than the regular DJI GO 4 or so? I mean since it has mapping missions.
2020-10-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

anon987 Posted at 10-21 22:47
Thank you!

I understand that I wouldn't be able to use the GS Pro _with_ the remote controller, but had an idea of using it instead of the controller since I could download DJI GO 4 on the iPad, but maybe it's not possible to use just the iPad for planning missions without the controller itself.

but had an idea of using it instead of the controller since I could download DJI GO 4 on the iPad, but maybe it's not possible to use just the iPad for planning missions without the controller itself.
You can use the iPad with the GL300L controller and run GS Pro or DroneDeploy etc.
I've never seen GS Pro but you can plan mapping missions in DroneDeploy on the tablet without the controller.
But you need the controller to fly the mission.
2020-10-21
Use props
anon987
lvl.1
Sweden

Labroides Posted at 10-21 23:38
but had an idea of using it instead of the controller since I could download DJI GO 4 on the iPad, but maybe it's not possible to use just the iPad for planning missions without the controller itself.
You can use the iPad with the GL300L controller and run GS Pro or DroneDeploy etc.
I've never seen GS Pro but you can plan mapping missions in DroneDeploy on the tablet without the controller.

Thanks again for clarifying!

After some research it appears that DJI has stopped selling the GL300L controller. Very difficult for me to understand. Do you think it will work with the P4 RTK controller?

Another idea, do you think it would be possible to plan a mission with DJI Terra, or any other software? Or is actual controller the single point of failure here?
2020-10-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

anon987 Posted at 10-22 23:06
Thanks again for clarifying!

After some research it appears that DJI has stopped selling the GL300L controller. Very difficult for me to understand. Do you think it will work with the P4 RTK controller?

Sorry I have no experience with the P4RTH controller or DJI Terra to be able to advise.

It should be easy to find a slightly used GL300L even if DJI don't sell them and that would do exactly what you want.
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules