o(^-^)o
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Tide Posted at 2020-10-29 03:04
[view_image]

New tutorial video confirmed that 0.5 second and 1 second timelapse interval is possible in Pocket 2.

Have you observed the gimbal head of your Pocket 2 when shooting motion timelapses at these very short settings? Mine gives a brief tremble at each shot during the sequence, something that the older Pocket does not do. I must add that the end result looks a-ok though. Just a little disconcerting to see it doing those trembles.
2021-3-26
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Horndog2000 Posted at 1-19 00:02
I observed the following or maybe I overlooked something: Did I understand right that there is no way to see on the Pocket 2 display in which of the 3 gimbal modes I currently am?

Therefore the only way to find out is by toggling each time through the 3 modes and stop at the desired one.

You could try moving the gimbal head around. That will quickly tell you which mode you are in.
2021-4-2
Use props
WEyeZ
lvl.1
Georgia

If its bug, I want to fix weird vignetting which is visible on 100-200 ISO and D-Cinelike in low light.

Samples:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1m091iEXgfC5IrQ8N4TUSsjoIjzpckxfX
2021-12-12
Use props
poptravel
lvl.2
Germany

Here are a few more things to imrpove in software:
- remember focus/exposure point for single focus after switch-off: using the Pocket in the same kind of way and always need to set the single focus point on every restart which could be avoided. Keep showing the focus point. Focus peeking would also be good...
- disable lrf files. They are useless for most people who don't edit their videos on smartphones
- allow custom settings for contrast/saturation/sharpness/denoise. The color science of the Pocket 2 is bad compared to the Pocket 1 and especially the contrast is lacking
- fix the flicker bug for keyframes and smooth the exposure switching with larger / custom delays. There is too much stepping going on
- implement non-upscaled 4K60 recording. If you have to crop, so be it but upscaling 2.7K (as it seems) at 4K60 is a step back and unaccetable
- implement overheat warning before switching off due to overheating - similar to the warning while running out of storage. The Pocket 2 easily overheats during recording while charging in warmer climates. Allow a temp warning to take the charging cable off and continue recording or even pause charging in software

I have recorded 100+ hours with the Pocket 2 by now. I really liked the Pocket 1 after all the firmware updates. The Pocket 2 is lacking in many ways so long of its release. The only good thing pf the Pocket 2 is the better stabilization. Image quality, which is surely the most important thing for a camera, is worse
2022-3-17
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

poptravel Posted at 3-17 14:15
Here are a few more things to imrpove in software:
- remember focus/exposure point for single focus after switch-off: using the Pocket in the same kind of way and always need to set the single focus point on every restart which could be avoided. Keep showing the focus point. Focus peeking would also be good...
- disable lrf files. They are useless for most people who don't edit their videos on smartphones

I agree.
In addition to that, I don't find the original Osmo Pocket to be worst regarding stabilization, if compared to Pocket 2. For me they behave the very same way in that field.

Regarding the contrast lack in Pocket 2, I believe that they did the trick to partially hide the big amount of video noise Pocket 2 produces. When you play a little bit in post, all that noise stands out a lot.
2022-3-18
Use props
Ricardo Vieira
lvl.4
Portugal

One year since the last update... I actually don't believe there's gonna be one at least in the near future.
2022-5-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I guess they make a commercial decision - cost of implementing an update, vs likely extra sales resulting.  Maybe even if they updated it, most well-informed purchasers would now wait for the next model.  Of course an update would enhance company reputation etc but they probably have a way of measuring whether that significantly adds to profits.
2022-5-4
Use props
PatLam
lvl.2
Germany

-REAL 4K HDR.  Look at Insta360 X3's HDR excellent result !! Really Fantastic !!! No crop, no bull... !!-Changable battery
2022-12-22
Use props
qu34
lvl.1

Poland

it's 2023 - where is the USB webcam function?!
2023-1-25
Use props
Alien433
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23054 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Its time to say goodbye to dji. They never dix there stuff it looks like gopro. I now filming with insta 360 cams much better and it works very good
2023-3-23
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Alien433 Posted at 3-23 09:13
Its time to say goodbye to dji. They never dix there stuff it looks like gopro. I now filming with insta 360 cams much better and it works very good

True but Insta X3 has 30min recording limit. It breaks recording every 30 minutes. Yes it continues after a short time but it drops few seconds off. That was actually why I did not buy it.
2023-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules