Any ideas on directly connecting raspberry pi to robomaster?
6325 8 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
studio jinseung
lvl.1

South Korea

Hi, anybody tried to connect raspberry pi 4 directly to the robomaster using usb-a?
If so, can anybody please share with me which power connector do I need, something like power management module PM01? or prob I might have to use something like PiCan3?
I'm trying to connect raspberry pi with original power and to connect intel realsense d435. HELP NEEDED. Any picture will be very helpful. I can't find anyway (probably it's too easty?) to connect it and even can't find any photos except https://forum.dji.com/thread-210319-1-1.html.

Thanks.

Jin.
2020-10-20
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Not sure what you would need but I wondering what you would expect to do. There is no way to programatically control the S1 unless you hack it (well, I have at least some support for that without hacking, but I guess it would not work on a Raspberry Pi as it relies on a x86_64 windows DLL).
2020-10-20
Use props
Cino
lvl.3

Hong Kong

I suppose you need to buy robomaster ep core to get the power management module to help you power your Raspberry Pi, and to use additonal function like sdk.
2020-10-20
Use props
studio jinseung
lvl.1

South Korea

#BGA #Cino
Oh so sorry for posting this on S1 Lab. I was talking about EP core. I do have EP and want to connect it with raspberry pi. Anymore ideas how to physically connect it?
I'm trying to connect Robomaster EP with raspberry pi and raspberry pi with intel realsense at the moment. But can't find a proper way to connect EP with Pi as in the photo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=raspberry+pi+mount+for+dji+robomaster&sxsrf=ALeKk02mKuzRohnIoUrgnCvD4UyIPsuxPA:1603516422396&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjUgf6VvMzsAhUyL6YKHeEACPQQ_AUoA3oECAUQBQ&biw=1920&bih=937&dpr=1#imgrc=RmuJ7Y9oXmcfiM

Thank you very much for the response!

132639plaenj9t2ra120u2.jpg
2020-10-23
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
United States

Did you try connecting it via USB to the USB port in the intelligent controller? I am pretty sure that port does not provide power though (but it might be different in the EP) so you would still need a power solution for the RPi. I do not think that the EP can power it by itself (not without draining the battery in 20 minutes or so anyway).
2020-10-24
Use props
Cino
lvl.3

Hong Kong

EP Core has got a power mangament module, which you can use to power your RPi. Hope this picture could help you.
2020-10-25
Use props
studio jinseung
lvl.1

South Korea

Cino Posted at 10-25 19:27
EP Core has got a power mangament module, which you can use to power your RPi. Hope this picture could help you.
[view_image]

Right!! Thanks.. I missed such a simple and basic one....sorry. Thanks guyz.
2020-10-26
Use props
studio jinseung
lvl.1

South Korea

Cino Posted at 10-25 19:27
[view_image]

One more thing... as far as i know the battery of EP and S1 are pretty much same right? I bought S1 battery today and want to make sure if it is def compatible and work with EP with others before I actually open!!(cause i cant return if it doesnt work and the seller dosent know anything about it...) thanks.
2020-11-2
Use props
Cino
lvl.3

Hong Kong

studio jinseung Posted at 11-2 21:13
One more thing... as far as i know the battery of EP and S1 are pretty much same right? I bought S1 battery today and want to make sure if it is def compatible and work with EP with others before I actually open!!(cause i cant return if it doesnt work and the seller dosent know anything about it...) thanks.

Yes, pretty much same.
2020-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules