Looking to purchase a Mavic Air 2; Does it have the course lock?
4029 10 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SirPasta117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400787 ft
  • >>>
United States

Course Lock was of my most used and perferred features on the Mavic Pro, but was disappointed it was not on the Mavic air. Does the mavic air 2 and the Fly App have course lock? I tried reading the manuals and reviews, but the only thing that mention course lock is the hyperlapse feature.

2020-10-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No it doesn't - just as a sub mode of hyperlaspe as you stated. You can manually pan the gimbal which gives a similar effect though
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi SirPasta117, thanks for reaching out! We currently have a Course Lock in Mavic Air 2 which is one of the shooting modes of Hyperlapse. Course Lock can be used in two ways for Mavic Air 2. First, the orientation of the aircraft is fixed, but a subject cannot be selected. In the secondway, the orientation of the aircraft is fixed and the aircraft flies around a selected object. But I will forward this feedback to our developers.

After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you.
2020-10-20
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc.

2020-10-21
Use props
godfather
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Click on the hexagon shaped icon on the middle left side of the screen to restrict your bird to only fly straight. I have not found this in documentation anywhere yet but by exploring the buttons and features.
2020-10-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

godfather Posted at 10-24 15:49
Click on the hexagon shaped icon on the middle left side of the screen to restrict your bird to only fly straight. I have not found this in documentation anywhere yet but by exploring the buttons and features.

It is about time for a revision of the user manual, which is several versions behind.
2020-10-24
Use props
godfather
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I was also disappointed with no course lock but found a way to utilize something similar. I wanted to fly along side of the road but point the camera at the road for a construction project. I point the Air 2 90 degrees to the highway and click on the hexagon icon so it will continue to fly straight along the highway. I then press on the screen with my finger and can turn my gimbal towards the road without turning the drone. Not the same as course lock but this will accomplish what I need.
2020-10-28
Use props
JosephBolliger
New

Ukraine

I thought about it before
2021-3-3
Use props
Tim4flt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9783 ft
Canada

Has there been any update to the addition of course lock to the DJI go app?
2021-6-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tim4flt Posted at 6-6 18:35
Has there been any update to the addition of course lock to the DJI go app?

i can't say this for sure but you'll get course lock when you get waypoints.
2021-6-8
Use props
doglaboi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766234 ft

Suriname

The Saint Posted at 6-8 21:14
i can't say this for sure but you'll get course lock when you get waypoints.

And since it's been a year without any updates around waypoints for MA2, I guess no course lock either....
2021-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules