DJI Repair return of wrong drone
2156 9 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Petergwy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2887539 ft
United States

This is weird.  I sent my Mavic 2 Pro in for repair September 29, 2020. I was advised my DJI Care Refresh insurance would not cover my repairs.  I was anxious to get my drone back so I didn't think much of it at the time.  The Mavic 2 Pro returned to me by DJI repair had a different serial number.  I didn't notice that until I was chatting with a DJI customer service guy today asking why my repairs weren't covered.  He told me my policy was linked to a different drone.  That is when I checked the sn of the drone returned to me. It was different from the one I recieved upon my purchase in 2018.  

Anyone else had that problem?  I know they could have replaced the body of my drone with a new one which might explain the difference.

I told the guy that I wanted a return of the premium I paid for my policy since I was not covered and DJI had no risk. As an alternative I told him I would accept a free policy for the next year. My claim has been referred to the "DJI Care Team".  

Stay tuned.
2020-10-20
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I had a somewhat similar situation with my Mavic Mini.  I did not have Care Refresh, so that was not an issue.  Although no mention was made of it, both the S/N label and the Electronic S/N were different.  They did have to replace the battery cover door (where the label is on a Mini), so that may explain the physical S/N, and they may have replaced the CPU board which may explain the electronic S/N.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, according to DJI after-sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. We have also remarked in the quotation that we will either repair or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.  
You mentioned you would like a return of the premium, you mean DJI Care Refresh? If yes, may we verify when you purchased DJI Care Refresh? Did you use the replacement service?
2020-10-20
Use props
Petergwy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-20 19:24
Hi there, according to DJI after-sales policy, products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. We have also remarked in the quotation that we will either repair or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability.  
You mentioned you would like a return of the premium, you mean DJI Care Refresh? If yes, may we verify when you purchased DJI Care Refresh? Did you use the replacement service?

Mindy:  Thanks for your post.  Yes, I would like a return of the premium I paid on October 25, 2019 or I would like that money applied to a new Care Refresh policy running from 10/25/2020 to 10/24/2021.

I understand it is possible the body of the drone I received back from DJI may well be a replacement or new body. I didn't use the replacement service.

Care Refresh insurance was purchased on 10/25/19.
Order Number:        0014988217052
Order Date:        10/25/2019 12:23:24 (UTC-5)
Agreement Number. 4E7CD078C55213B4
Aircraft S/N. 163DF8L001Y2NX
Replacement Period. 2019/10/25 - 2020/10/24
Replacements Times 2

Thanks for your help

Pete Arnold

2020-10-20
Use props
Petergwy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-20 19:24

Mindy:  Thanks for your post.  Yes, I would like a return of the premium I paid on October 25, 2019 or I would like that money applied to a new Care Refresh policy running from 10/25/2020 to 10/24/2021.

I understand it is possible the body of the drone I received back from DJI may well be a replacement or new body. I didn't use the replacement service.

Care Refresh insurance was purchased on 10/25/19.
Order Number:        0014988217052
Order Date:        10/25/2019 12:23:24 (UTC-5)
Agreement Number. 4E7CD078C55213B4
Aircraft S/N. 163DF8L001Y2NX
Replacement Period. 2019/10/25 - 2020/10/24
Replacements Times 2

Thanks for your help

Pete Arnold
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Petergwy Posted at 10-20 19:46
Mindy:  Thanks for your post.  Yes, I would like a return of the premium I paid on October 25, 2019 or I would like that money applied to a new Care Refresh policy running from 10/25/2020 to 10/24/2021.

Sorry that DJI Care Refresh cannot be canceled without returning the product purchased.
Even though the product may be replaced when sending back for repair, if the drone is damaged severely, DJI Care Refresh would be a better choice instead of paying for the repair cost. Appreciate your understanding on this matter.
2020-10-21
Use props
Petergwy
lvl.1
United States

Mindy:  I don't understand what you are saying.  I don't want to cancel Care Refresh and I don't understand what product you are talking about returning. I didn't purchase any product except the drone over two years ago and I am not interested in returning it.  

My point is that it is not my fault the Care Refresh policy did not cover my drone since I simply gave DJI the serial number of the drone I purchased in 2018. In other words, I did not get what I paid for, coverage of the repairs of my drone. The other question I have is what happened to my original drone with serial number 163DF8L001Y2NX?  It should be a simple matter to check my original order placed on August 23, 2018 to see what the serial number of that unit was.  I didn't sell or trade my drone, if it DJI decided to provide a different drone at my first repair, they did not bring that to my attention so I simply bought DJI Care Refresh with my original serial number.
2020-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Petergwy Posted at 10-21 21:23
Mindy:  I don't understand what you are saying.  I don't want to cancel Care Refresh and I don't understand what product you are talking about returning. I didn't purchase any product except the drone over two years ago and I am not interested in returning it.  

My point is that it is not my fault the Care Refresh policy did not cover my drone since I simply gave DJI the serial number of the drone I purchased in 2018. In other words, I did not get what I paid for, coverage of the repairs of my drone. The other question I have is what happened to my original drone with serial number 163DF8L001Y2NX?  It should be a simple matter to check my original order placed on August 23, 2018 to see what the serial number of that unit was.  I didn't sell or trade my drone, if it DJI decided to provide a different drone at my first repair, they did not bring that to my attention so I simply bought DJI Care Refresh with my original serial number.

Sorry for the delayed response, I see your concern has been escalated to HQ team to review by our email support team, please keep an eye on the email update, our team will contact you after making it clear. Thank you.
2020-10-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I sort of think this is not the sort of thing to be discussed in the open forum
2020-10-24
Use props
Rony Moura
lvl.2