6604 21 2020-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

I received my RS 2 Pro kit today, put it all together and charged it up. I first ran it with all my lenses for my Z system with the transmitter in place (for proper balance) but not HDMI connected and it went great.

I then plugged in the HDMI mini to mini cable to my Z6 and the transmitter and turned it back on. I saw the three charge lights come on but not the activity light and no matter what I did, I had zero indication it was connected. I tried the app on the phone, nothing showed up on the wifi list. I tried the touchscreen on the RS 2 unit and it said no HDMI or camera cable detected.

My connections and cables were as follows.

1. 30cm Camera control cable 1, USB-C to USB-C camera to top positon on vertical three port stack on the arm.
2. 20cm USB-C power cable with right angle plugged into transmitter single USB-C port on side opposite HDMI / USB-C RSS combo, other end on bottom postion of vertical three port stack on the arm.
3. HDMI Mini to Mini camera to transmitter.

Everything on the app works fine, RS 2 unit fine but I get no signs of life from the Raveneye transmitter at all, just the three LED battery indicators come on and nothing else.

Another vote for turorials and better instructions for the Raveneye, it is pretty limited.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, now you can check the download page from the RS2 https://www.dji.com/hk-en/rs-2/downloads to refer the RavenEye user guides, let us know if you have further assistances!
2020-10-21
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-21 02:00
Hello, now you can check the download page from the RS2 https://www.dji.com/hk-en/rs-2/downloads to refer the RavenEye user guides, let us know if you have further assistances!

Ah, thank you, just what I needed.

It turns out I was simply not powering on the transmitter, makes complete sense you would need to since the unit can be used on a camera independently of a gimbal.

I’m off and running!
2020-10-21
Use props
KoziDrone
lvl.1
United States

KS-6 Posted at 10-21 07:47
Ah, thank you, just what I needed.

It turns out I was simply not powering on the transmitter, makes complete sense you would need to since the unit can be used on a camera independently of a gimbal.

With your z6 plugged in and running on the raveneye, can it still record video internally? As soon as I plug in my HDMI to the raveneye, I get an icon on the camera that it can’t record. And when I hit the button it just records the 1080 video in the ronin app but nothing on the card.
2020-11-13
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KoziDrone Posted at 11-13 19:32
With your z6 plugged in and running on the raveneye, can it still record video internally? As soon as I plug in my HDMI to the raveneye, I get an icon on the camera that it can’t record. And when I hit the button it just records the 1080 video in the ronin app but nothing on the card.

Hmmm, are you using it on the gimbal or just the Raveneye on the camera itself?
2020-11-13
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KoziDrone Posted at 11-13 19:32

Did you resolve the "cannot record" icon on the Z6. I am struggling with this now. In still mode its fine.
2020-11-23
Use props
IanMacd
lvl.1
Ireland

KS-6 Posted at 11-13 23:27
Hmmm, are you using it on the gimbal or just the Raveneye on the camera itself?

I am running the same setup and works really well. However on my first setup I had an issue with recording not working. Check the cables as I had one swapped around and also the camera settings - RAW 10bit etc should be off. If that all fails I can double check my setup and report back.
2020-11-23
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IanMacd Posted at 11-23 08:39
I am running the same setup and works really well. However on my first setup I had an issue with recording not working. Check the cables as I had one swapped around and also the camera settings - RAW 10bit etc should be off. If that all fails I can double check my setup and report back.

Its very strange  when in snapshot mode on the z6, i can see the image just fine on the app. When i go to video mode on the z6, i get a black screen on the app unless i hit the menu button, in which case the menu appears on the app proving the hdmi link is still on. HDMI output is set to 8 bit. Resolution 1080p.
2020-11-23
Use props
IanMacd
lvl.1
Ireland

fansdf50142f Posted at 11-23 08:59
Its very strange  when in snapshot mode on the z6, i can see the image just fine on the app. When i go to video mode on the z6, i get a black screen on the app unless i hit the menu button, in which case the menu appears on the app proving the hdmi link is still on. HDMI output is set to 8 bit. Resolution 1080p.

Ok just checked my setup and all working as expected. I have mine currently set to 4K 3840x2160 25p. Output Resolution on HDMI to AUTO, Output Range Full, External recording control ON (Possibly if Off this might be the issue). RAW Output disabled and Depth 8 bit. Hope that helps.
2020-11-23
Use props
fansdf50142f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IanMacd Posted at 11-23 10:52
Ok just checked my setup and all working as expected. I have mine currently set to 4K 3840x2160 25p. Output Resolution on HDMI to AUTO, Output Range Full, External recording control ON (Possibly if Off this might be the issue). RAW Output disabled and Depth 8 bit. Hope that helps.

Really appreciate the response. You have given me some things to try. Will report back!
2020-11-23
Use props
maRIOOL
lvl.1

Netherlands

fansdf50142f Posted at 11-23 12:44
Really appreciate the response. You have given me some things to try. Will report back!

Hello guys, I have exactly the same problem (in video mode). A black screen on the app unless I hit the menu button. So I'm no able to use the RavenEye and ActiveTracking.
Did you find a solution?
Ronin RSC2 with RavenEye on Nikon Z6 (24-70) firmware version 3.12 (not 3.0 as in list Compatibility List)

2020-12-2
Use props
sohilpandya
lvl.1
United Kingdom

maRIOOL Posted at 12-2 12:50
Hello guys, I have exactly the same problem (in video mode). A black screen on the app unless I hit the menu button. So I'm no able to use the RavenEye and ActiveTracking.
Did you find a solution?
Ronin RSC2 with RavenEye on Nikon Z6 (24-70) firmware version 3.12 (not 3.0 as in list Compatibility List)

You've got to be in the Manual mode. It shows a black screen for me in U1-U3.

But able to see everything in M mode.
2020-12-31
Use props
sujianyu
lvl.1

Canada

Same issue, RavenEye app can get video from computer output, but not nikon Z6, Z6 also be able to output to pc monitor.
only connec tto RavenEye it shows black screen in the App.... Weird .....
2020-12-31
Use props
sujianyu
lvl.1

Canada

sohilpandya@me.com Posted at 12-31 06:25
You've got to be in the Manual mode. It shows a black screen for me in U1-U3.

But able to see everything in M mode.

I am in M mode on Z6, still same issue, did you setup any HDMI output setting in Z6? Thank you,
2020-12-31
Use props
Tavarino
lvl.1

United States

sujianyu Posted at 2020-12-31 07:34
I am in M mode on Z6, still same issue, did you setup any HDMI output setting in Z6? Thank you,

Seems to be an incompatibility between HDMI out and the RavenEye on both my Nikon Z6 and Z6 ii. Just a black screen as others report. OTOH, if I connect my Sony Z90 to the RavenEye, the HDMI signal is handled just fine.

EDITED: Turns out this system is very particular about the USB-C cable used to connect the RavenEye to the gimbal. A third-party cable was the cause of the problem. When I swapped-in the stock cable, all is fine.

2021-1-3
Use props
sujianyu
lvl.1

Canada

Tavarino Posted at 1-3 21:20
Seems to be an incompatibility between HDMI out and the RavenEye on both my Nikon Z6 and Z6 ii. Just a black screen as others report. OTOH, if I connect my Sony Z90 to the RavenEye, the HDMI signal is handled just fine.

I have pro combo, so all cables/parts are from DJI original package.
But still now working, based on the support team guide, I tested the PC output HDMI can exported to RavenEye, but when switch back to Z6, not any video signal export out to RavenEye.
But when I connected Z6 to PC monitor, I got signal....

So, I doubt that Z6 hdmi export signal or DJI hdmi cable issue?  Still waiting for the answer from DJI tech team.
2021-1-7
Use props
sujianyu
lvl.1

Canada

Updates :
I did several different test based on the advices from DJI support team.

Here is my conclusion and result :
1. The issue is the mini hdmi to mini hdmi cable which connect Z6 to DJI RS2. somehow it not work properly
2. If I use other cable with convertor, I can see the camera screen.

I will record video and upload to youtube to explain how to address and fix this issue.
2021-1-8
Use props
the joker787
New

United States

Hello I need your help, before I make a Purchase, so I have a z6 with a f to z adaptor and a 24-70mm the rsc2 model didn't balance, so my question to you is will the rs model balance my kit?
2021-4-17
Use props
yzhao227
lvl.1
Canada

the joker787 Posted at 4-17 11:17
Hello I need your help, before I make a Purchase, so I have a z6 with a f to z adaptor and a 24-70mm the rsc2 model didn't balance, so my question to you is will the rs model balance my kit?
I just got it balanced last night, RS2 + Nikon z6 + FTZ adapter + Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G. Pan and roll are easy to balance only tilt a bit tricky. This tutorial helps me so much and hope it will help you too. https://youtu.be/lev1w4JCe-4
2021-4-18
Use props
Joppe Verbruggen
lvl.1
Belgium

With version 2.0... HDMI worked perfectly on the Z6, i just updated to 3.30 and now i also have a black screen.
2021-5-4
Use props
Ilieski
New

North Macedonia

Hello did you fix the problem with blackscreen on video mode on Z6 Please help thanks
2022-3-20
Use props
SproutStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216086 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really amazing that DJI just ignores the huge amount of Z6 users out there. Come on DJI, why don't you stand by your products?
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules