If... Poll
1451 24 2020-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

I've heard November 5th... just before my birthday for the Mavic Mini 2!!!  How we/you find out???
Single SelectVote, Total 21 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

23.81% (5)
9.52% (2)
4.76% (1)
14.29% (3)
4.76% (1)
42.86% (9)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-10-21
Use props
MarcelMG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173268 ft

Germany

I found out in a dream last night, after eating mushrooms.
2020-10-21
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

MarcelMG Posted at 10-21 08:37
I found out in a dream last night, after eating mushrooms.

2020-10-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

TBH only Dji can provide that info, everyone else is just guessing
2020-10-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Based on early price leaks spotted on Adorama’s online store, DJI appears to be retailing the upcoming Mavic Mini 2 drone at these prices:  Mavic Mini 2 prices $449 DJI Mavic Mini 2 $599 DJI Mavic Mini 2 Fly More Combo (USA)
2020-10-21
Use props
videoeditman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Mavic Mini 2 Price Article linked here https://dronedj.com/2020/10/21/d ... yday-flycam-launch/
2020-10-21
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I'll be damned, looks like a 4k camera with bigger motors and better props this go around. Looks like a screw on filter on the camera so nd's could be a thing this go around, the two forward eyes now looks like some kind of sensor as opposed to the plastic/sticker on the original so maybe follow me support? Looks like it's time to step into something better for less then a mavic air 2.
2020-10-21
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 10-21 13:41
I'll be damned, looks like a 4k camera with bigger motors and better props this go around. Looks like a screw on filter on the camera so nd's could be a thing this go around, the two forward eyes now looks like some kind of sensor as opposed to the plastic/sticker on the original so maybe follow me support? Looks like it's time to step into something better for less then a mavic air 2.

It’s not the Mini 2, just a stock image
2020-10-21
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 10-21 14:02

Whatever that is has the word PRO on it, just after the MAVIC.

Yep, the photo is of a Mavic Pro.

2020-10-21
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be a nice Christmas gift, get something else for your birthday.
2020-10-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't believe the hype.
2020-10-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Akirasho. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and advance happy birthday to you. .
2020-10-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

videoeditman Posted at 10-21 12:52
Mavic Mini 2 Price Article linked here https://dronedj.com/2020/10/21/dji-mavic-mini-2-drone-and-bundle-prices-leak-ahead-of-second-gen-everyday-flycam-launch/

Speculation only
2020-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bound to be leaks on YouTube too.
2020-10-22
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

TDZHDTV Posted at 10-21 14:02

good catch.

Honestly though I'm still a little upset to buy into a product and less then a year later it be replaced. The Mavic mini was announced OCT 30th last year(2019).

The lack of communication, the lack of 1st party support for accessorizes, and the lack of updates period. This mini 2 better correct for every one of our gripes with the 1st mini.  (Outside the smart features)  Raw, Pano, AEB, Sharpness slider, Color log profiles, expo rates, better wind handling, etc.

With the 2021 FAA rules I doubt the mini 2 will be 249g or less, likely with the new rules it'll be a bit heavier say 300g and have what the 1st mini was missing.
2020-10-22
Use props
SublimeQuad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30348 ft
United States

I'm a new Mini owner buying even after the rumors started. I'm not sure what 3rd party accessories are missing - you can get camera filters, water landing pontoons, alloy joysticks, vinyl skins, 3rd party props, etc. I agree that there are software features that are lacking but there seems to be a consistent cadence of new updates - it takes time to develop and test software (that's what I do).

One thought is, maybe the new machine will be a Pro model and the original Mini will continue. That would make a lot of sense from a product diversity perspective and allow DJI to increase the Pro's price a bit and not shut off sales of the Mini - and allow them to continue to return revenue on their Mini development investment. No company likes to kill a hardware product in a year as that isn't usually enough time to recoup development investment. Just some thoughts. I know folks are harsh on the Mini but as an acrobatic quad pilot looking for an entry into video and photo drones the Mini really delivers for me. I'll likely get the next model too because I'm a hardware junky but my skills as a drone videographer/photographer have no where near outpaced the Mini.

It's a good day to fly,
Michael
2020-10-22
Use props
djicheaha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience is; I'll look for it when I see it coming". Patience.
2020-10-22
Use props
comrant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983025 ft
Canada

SublimeQuad Posted at 10-22 05:25
I'm a new Mini owner buying even after the rumors started. I'm not sure what 3rd party accessories are missing - you can get camera filters, water landing pontoons, alloy joysticks, vinyl skins, 3rd party props, etc. I agree that there are software features that are lacking but there seems to be a consistent cadence of new updates - it takes time to develop and test software (that's what I do).

One thought is, maybe the new machine will be a Pro model and the original Mini will continue. That would make a lot of sense from a product diversity perspective and allow DJI to increase the Pro's price a bit and not shut off sales of the Mini - and allow them to continue to return revenue on their Mini development investment. No company likes to kill a hardware product in a year as that isn't usually enough time to recoup development investment. Just some thoughts. I know folks are harsh on the Mini but as an acrobatic quad pilot looking for an entry into video and photo drones the Mini really delivers for me. I'll likely get the next model too because I'm a hardware junky but my skills as a drone videographer/photographer have no where near outpaced the Mini.

For those of us that didn't purchase the fly more combo it was extremely difficult to get spare batteries, I bought my mini last November, and took until June for them to be available for me..
2020-10-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

comrant Posted at 10-22 15:35
For those of us that didn't purchase the fly more combo it was extremely difficult to get spare batteries, I bought my mini last November, and took until June for them to be available for me..

Me likewise. Later, when the MA2 came out, I made sure to buy the combo.
2020-10-22
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 10-22 18:50
Me likewise. Later, when the MA2 came out, I made sure to buy the combo.

I'm still on the fence about additional batteries for by Mini & Air2.  

The Mini battery pop in and out of availability at Best Buy daily over the summer!

Combo for me, praying for a mild winter (to get in flights) and update my fire insurance (having that many Li-ions and Li-pos to manage of the winter) !!
2020-10-22
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
United States

SublimeQuad Posted at 10-22 05:25

One thought is, maybe the new machine will be a Pro model and the original Mini will continue. That would make a lot of sense from a product diversity perspective and allow DJI to increase the Pro's price a bit and not shut off sales of the Mini - and allow them to continue to return revenue on their Mini development investment. No company likes to kill a hardware product in a year as that isn't usually enough time to recoup development investment. Just some thoughts. I know folks are harsh on the Mini but as an acrobatic quad pilot looking for an entry into video and photo drones the Mini really delivers for me. I'll likely get the next model too because I'm a hardware junky but my skills as a drone videographer/photographer have no where near outpaced the Mini.

I said 1st party, not 3rd.

DJI will not warranty the drone if you used any of the non DJI-Provided accessorizes. (Sure if you don't say anything about the use they won't know but still....)

The Mavic Air 2 had ND filters Included, yet the mini doesn't have any official ones, the DJI FLY app was updated with Panorama after MA2 launched and the Mini never got it enabled. These are the 1st party things I speak of when DJI doesn't provide support for it's own products.

I agree with the others when it comes to the Combo and the batteries, the first batteries available were 85usd before dropping to 50. So the Hub, 2 extra batteries, and the cage I've never used for an extra 100 was well worth it for me.

I'm excited to see what DJI has done to improve upon the mini, I will likely upgrade but I'm still very happy with my 1st gen.
2020-10-22
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

I'm excited to see what DJI has done to improve upon the mini, I will likely upgrade but I'm still very happy with my 1st gen.

If I get a Mini 2, I will keep my Mini.  I will be use it as before and as a scout for "risky" flights (under bridges, near wired, etc)
2020-10-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Akirasho Posted at 10-23 14:13
If I get a Mini 2, I will keep my Mini.  I will be use it as before and as a scout for "risky" flights (under bridges, near wired, etc)

Yes, that is what I do with my "spare" Mini ;-)
2020-10-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Certainly a lot of hype over social media about an alleged Mavic Mini 2. I wouldn't go selling any existing drones until it is officially announced and even then see if all of the 'predictions' have any weight.
2020-10-23
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
United States

#2 winner winner, chicken dinner!!??

2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules