Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Channel ID Turns Red | WHY?
5775 13 2020-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys (gals),

I've noticed within the DJI FPV Goggles the actual 'Channel' I'm on (let's say it's channel 2) sometimes turns 'red' when my FPV gets further away from where I'm actually standing. I could not find any specific reference in the manual to what this color change is indicating.  I have FOCUS MODE 'On' and the image looks good so I don't think the quad is to far away from me yet.  

Can anyone explain exactly why the Channel Number turns 'red' sometimes?  I assume it's indicating a poor signal connection between me and the quad but any specifics would be appreciated.  

2020-10-21
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Ignore it. Only pay attention to your Mbps in the lower right.
2020-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello RGMGFitness, thank you for reaching out. Would you be able to identify if the red indicator from the FPV Goggles is a red bar? Because there are two red indicators that you can see in the screen.

1. Obstacle Detection Status
Red bars are displayed when obstacles are close to the aircraft. Orange bars are displayed when obstacles are in detection range.

2. Connection Status
Indicates the connection status of the aircraft and Goggles. Green indicates a healthy signal connection, yellow indicates a weak or unstable signal connection, and red indicates a disconnection. The goggles will automatically attempt to reconnect if disconnected.

Please keep us posted to further assist you. Thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Wait a second.

Are you saying in #1 that the DJI FPV system has a obstacle avoidance capability?  

That doesn't seem possible.  I don't think so.  
2020-10-22
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

mc54 Posted at 10-22 17:30
Wait a second.

Are you saying in #1 that the DJI FPV system has a obstacle avoidance capability?  

C'mon, of course not. Probably he's talking about the DJI googles for the Mavic series.
2020-10-22
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-22 11:12
Hello RGMGFitness, thank you for reaching out. Would you be able to identify if the red indicator from the FPV Goggles is a red bar? Because there are two red indicators that you can see in the screen.

1. Obstacle Detection Status

Thanks for responding.  To answer your question "NO".  It's actually the CHANNEL ID NUMBER which is showing 'red' at times.  Not any type of red bar.

Again, this is the DJI FPV System.....no object avoidance in that.
2020-10-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For anyone else looking.  This is the best explanation I've found to date regarding the DJI FPV System and Signal Strength.  If anyone finds anything better please feel free to let me know.

URL:  https://oscarliang.com/signal-strength-dji-fpv/

AA.jpg
2020-11-24
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

I’d like to know too. I have noticed the channel number and the bar graph of signal strength turns red when I’m flying at some of the longer distances.I’m flying on channel 1 when it happens whether that ,
2021-2-26
Use props
fansf6824d27
lvl.2

United States

I’d like to know too. I have noticed the channel number and the bar graph of signal strength turns red when I’m flying at some of the longer distances.I’m flying on channel 1 when it happens whether that means anything I don’t know.
2021-2-26
Use props
fansf0a31e75
lvl.4

United States

It turns red when the signal gets to a lowish level to grab your attention.  In the first few firmware versions it was a good indicator that your signal was low.  In the more recent firmware versions it goes "RED" earlier than necessary and you should keep an eye on the bandwidth as a better indicator of how good your signal is.
2021-2-26
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansf0a31e75 Posted at 2-26 19:31
It turns red when the signal gets to a lowish level to grab your attention.  In the first few firmware versions it was a good indicator that your signal was low.  In the more recent firmware versions it goes "RED" earlier than necessary and you should keep an eye on the bandwidth as a better indicator of how good your signal is.

Thanks for the follow-up.  After not finding a ton of information on this I finally did a little more research and decided to put something together for others as well.  Forgot to post here if others run into this...

2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_ZdeEBKlOfmxc
New
United States

Giammi Posted at 2020-10-22 22:31
C'mon, of course not. Probably he's talking about the DJI googles for the Mavic series.

It does in both sport and normal modes. Try going towards a tree in normal mode at low speed. In front and underneath. When flying around 2-3m off ground the yellow and then orange band at top of goggle display tells of how close you are. Yellow is objects in range of the detectors and red means an obstacle in path. Cheers and happy flying!
2021-12-11
Use props
fans9c7ab1d5
lvl.1

United States

Giammi Posted at 2020-10-22 22:31

Or the DJI FPV drone itself. That does have obstacle avoidance.
2022-2-22
Use props
Giammi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

fans9c7ab1d5 Posted at 2-22 04:48
Or the DJI FPV drone itself. That does have obstacle avoidance.

At the time of the post, the DJI FPV drone was not out yet.
2022-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules