smart controller storage?
5995 6 2020-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkiFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Hello, newbie but...

i have been unable to find, or store, video or pics on the smart controller.  some from past Mavic are there.  nothing i've done recently is stored on either internal or SD card in smart controller.
i have looked, or spun looking but cannot find my answer, as simple as it must be.

can someone please tell me how to store video/pics on smart controller (the videos and pics are stored in the Mavic 2 pro itself).

thank you for help on something so basic.

2020-10-21
Use props
Spirosanathema
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6495056 ft
Greece

smart controller stores cache files of your photos and videos. It also stores your screen recorded videos if you want to. Moreover, it stores your original unedited videos and photos from your drone once you download them. (Press the arrow button and download them to your smart controller). What exactly do you mean?
2020-10-21
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

I'm wondering the same thing.  I can download the video from the drone to the SC and view it.  When I insert the SD card in the computer, I can not find the files.
2020-10-21
Use props
SkiFlyer
lvl.1
United States

I understand the SC is supposed to cache vids and pics.  mine does not do so.  i can download the vids and pics directly from the MavicPro2 but would like to see these items on the SC as well.  is there a setting that sets the cache to the SC tha i have missed?  Thank you,
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello SkiFlyer, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you.
Have you changed the storage location for the Images and Videos. You can select to store the Images and Videos from the Aircraft to Smart Controller. Below are the steps to set it up.
1. Power on the remote controller and the aircraft, and make sure they are linked.
2. Run DJI Go 4, and enter camera view. Tap ... > ... :
3. To cache images and videos to remote controller. enable "Cache Locally When Recording".
4. To store images and videos to the microSD card in the remote controller, enable "Download Footage to External SD Card".
When " Download Footage to External SD Card" is enabled, all the selected images will be downloaded to the remote controller's microSD card when downloading the images to the remote controller in playback.

You can also refer to this manual link for more details: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al+English+v1.4.pdf
and go to page 17.
After doing the above steps try to check the latest recording or captured photos if it is save to the Smart Controller. Please let me know the result. Thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
SkiFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Thank you very much DJI Paladin.  those settings were already there.  for some reason, senioritis or some such, i simply could not find them in the file explorer and DJI Media.  tried recording more video and pics and,  lo and behold, they were there.  

thank you very much again.

jg
2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SkiFlyer Posted at 10-23 13:52
Thank you very much DJI Paladin.  those settings were already there.  for some reason, senioritis or some such, i simply could not find them in the file explorer and DJI Media.  tried recording more video and pics and,  lo and behold, they were there.  

thank you very much again.

Hi there SkiFlyer, I'm glad that you are able to find it now. Enjoy flying your drone . Thank you for your support.
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules