Is it possible to recover the flight log if we lose the phone?
6304 15 2020-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Hi there,

If I lose my phone or if the phone is demage, is it possible to recover the flight log from the drone? If so, how can we make this log recovery of the last flight?

Thanks,
Zed_Br

2020-10-21
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

No.  There are flight logs in the drone, but they are encrypted, so only DJI can recover them.
2020-10-21
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

K6CCC Posted at 10-21 20:20
No.  There are flight logs in the drone, but they are encrypted, so only DJI can recover them.

Thanks K6CCC.

What about DJI Fly App? If I connect another phone using the same account, will I be able to see my flights in my profile?
2020-10-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Zed_Br Posted at 10-21 20:42
Thanks K6CCC.

What about DJI Fly App? If I connect another phone using the same account, will I be able to see my flights in my profile?

You only have access to past flights either on the phone/tablet you flew with ... or
On a different device if you have synched those flights to DJI's servers

If the phone is too damaged to access files or you haven't synched the flight data, it's gone.

2020-10-21
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 10-21 21:03
You only have access to past flights either on the phone/tablet you flew with ... or
On a different device if you have synched those flights to DJI's servers

Thanks Labroides.
2020-10-22
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

iPhones have backup to iCloud. It will backup the entire phone including all apps.  Sign in with a new phone and you're back to normal.
Do you backup?
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Zed_Br. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry with the Flight records on the DJI Fly App. Please be advised that if the flight records are not synced to our servers and the mobile device or tablet is broken or the application was uninstalled, I'm sorry to say that we don't have an option to retrieve it and the flight data on the drone is an encrypted file and we cannot move it on the DJI Fly app. What we recommend to our fellow users is to sync or enable the auto-sync function on the DJI Fly application. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-10-22
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

Electromen Posted at 10-22 03:32
iPhones have backup to iCloud. It will backup the entire phone including all apps.  Sign in with a new phone and you're back to normal.
Do you backup?

It didn't happen. I just want to know if it happens someday.
2020-10-22
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-22 03:42
Hello there Zed_Br. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry with the Flight records on the DJI Fly App. Please be advised that if the flight records are not synced to our servers and the mobile device or tablet is broken or the application was uninstalled, I'm sorry to say that we don't have an option to retrieve it and the flight data on the drone is an encrypted file and we cannot move it on the DJI Fly app. What we recommend to our fellow users is to sync or enable the auto-sync function on the DJI Fly application. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks DJI Gamora. I have already activated the sync.
2020-10-22
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

K6CCC Posted at 10-21 20:20
No.  There are flight logs in the drone, but they are encrypted, so only DJI can recover them.

It's not entirely true that only DJI can recover the Mavic Mini's onboard flight log.  

See this forum thread on how to access the "treasure trove of flight data".
mavicpilots.com/threads/logs-inside-the-sd-card-i-want-to-know.91756/
2020-10-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zbip57 Posted at 10-22 15:15
It's not entirely true that only DJI can recover the Mavic Mini's onboard flight log.  

Thanks for the link. Wow, that thread has everything: conflict, animosity, comradery, honor, dishonor, not to mention some really good information.
2020-10-22
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 10-22 18:46
Thanks for the link. Wow, that thread has everything: conflict, animosity, comradery, honor, dishonor, not to mention some really good information.

"that thread has everything"  

Doesn't it though?

It was interesting because there are some really, really, really smart people on that forum.  Several of those guys are experts at deciphering the flight log contents.  A couple of them are the go-to resource for predicting where to find lost drones.  Sadly the flight log on your control device ends recording once the drone goes out of range and the telemtry signal is lost.  But, based on battery time remaining, last known position before signal is lost, ground speed while drifting away, altitude and time it takes to descend from there once the battery is depleted, and several other factors and clever assumptions, these guys can estimate with surprising accuracy where the drone will eventually have come down to earth, often many kilometres away from the last known position.

They were convinced that the hidden files found on the Mini's microSD card couldn't possibly be an onboard recorded flight log, because DJI has never done it that way before.  DJI has typically used a separate inaccessible encrypted recording on another chip cemented inside the drone.  But, because the weight of the Mini is stripped down to a bare minimum, those log files are now instead recorded onto the removable microSD card, the same one on which your photos and videos are recorded.  Those log files are accessible, and they contain far more information than the log files transmitted via telemetry to your control device.  "a treasure trove of flight data" The experts are still working on figuring out what it all means...

2020-10-23
Use props
djiuser_W5sRdP4TP8i1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502556 ft

United States

I went to download my flight records from my iPhone 13 to my windows 10 desktop with iTunes and it was unsuccessful. Now, my flight records are gone from my DJI fly app on my iPhone, my smart controller (DJI Air 2s).  What am I doing wrong?  How do I retrieve my flight records from the cloud? Thanks for any suggestions.
2022-7-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_W5sRdP4TP8i1 Posted at 7-27 07:40
I went to download my flight records from my iPhone 13 to my windows 10 desktop with iTunes and it was unsuccessful. Now, my flight records are gone from my DJI fly app on my iPhone, my smart controller (DJI Air 2s).  What am I doing wrong?  How do I retrieve my flight records from the cloud? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,

Did you sync your logs with DJI before you downloaded the logs via iTunes?

If yes,  do you see the video play back for the logs? (in the fly app ?)
If yes, play a video, this will download the flightlog back to the device.

or, use another decvice, installl fly app, log in with your account and play the video....

cheers
JJB

2022-7-27
Use props
Dereklc
New

Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-10-22 03:42
Hello there Zed_Br. Thank you for reaching out regarding the inquiry with the Flight records on the DJI Fly App. Please be advised that if the flight records are not synced to our servers and the mobile device or tablet is broken or the application was uninstalled, I'm sorry to say that we don't have an option to retrieve it and the flight data on the drone is an encrypted file and we cannot move it on the DJI Fly app. What we recommend to our fellow users is to sync or enable the auto-sync function on the DJI Fly application. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello Mr. Gamora. If this needs to be posted to a new item, I'm happy to do that.  I just thought it was related.  I've been flying my Mini 2 since 2021 and I went to fly it today for the first time since last year and the DJI Fly app had logged me out.  I logged in again but it thought I was flying for the first time and wanted to put me through a tutorial and limited how far I could fly, how fast I could go, etc.  I had to abandon the flight attempt after driving six hours to get to that location.  Also, the small bit of footage I thought I recorded turned out to be corrupt, so it wouldn't even open in Quicktime.   Possible reason:  I had to restore my iphone and then re-install the DJI app since I'd flown last time.   Do you know how I can get it back to the point that it will allow me to fly normally again?   Thanks for any help you can provide.
2023-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dereklc Posted at 2-26 16:53
Hello Mr. Gamora. If this needs to be posted to a new item, I'm happy to do that.  I just thought it was related.  I've been flying my Mini 2 since 2021 and I went to fly it today for the first time since last year and the DJI Fly app had logged me out.  I logged in again but it thought I was flying for the first time and wanted to put me through a tutorial and limited how far I could fly, how fast I could go, etc.  I had to abandon the flight attempt after driving six hours to get to that location.  Also, the small bit of footage I thought I recorded turned out to be corrupt, so it wouldn't even open in Quicktime.   Possible reason:  I had to restore my iphone and then re-install the DJI app since I'd flown last time.   Do you know how I can get it back to the point that it will allow me to fly normally again?   Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi, Dereklc. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. The DJI Fly app will automatically log out of your account every 3 months but all you have to do is log in again and make sure that the app is updated to be able to fly normally. Can you please confirm the current version of DJI Fly?
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules