Cannot connect to a 5GHZ router
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kogoro
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello,

I have the Robomaster S1, i can connect it to my home wouter (Sunrise BOX) & my 7Link WLR-1200 on 2.4Ghz without problem but i was unable to connect it on the 5Ghz. It snap the picture, after few second i just ear the sound of the disconection and do nothing. I have tried somes settings on the 5Ghz from my WLR-1200 (On my home box i can not edit much settings) (Bandwith 20-40-80Mhz, The wifi standards (11a, 11n, Mixed mode, VHT, etc..) But it not want to connect to the 5Ghz anyway. The robomaster is not compatible 5Ghz for connecting to router ? (I dont think is my settings on my router because it working both on 2.4Ghz and on 5Ghz i can connect my laptop and my phone on all configuration i have tried that no one worked for the robomaster). I can connect the Robomaster to the 2.4gz and my phone on the 5Ghz the connection is working but cannon connect the robomaster on the 5Ghz. I find totally absurd that a device can generate his own 5ghz for letting phone and other device connecting to it that was unable to connect on à 5ghz router ^^

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards.

2020-10-22
Use props
JohnnyRobotic
lvl.3
United States

Sorry, can't help with your issue but there should be no problem connecting to 5ghz. I connect 6 Robomasters to a 5ghz router almost everyday.
2020-11-24
Use props
Kogoro
lvl.1

Switzerland

JohnnyRobotic Posted at 11-24 09:54
Sorry, can't help with your issue but there should be no problem connecting to 5ghz. I connect 6 Robomasters to a 5ghz router almost everyday.

I dont know why, i have tested with two different router and it didnt worked with 5ghz. It connect on both router but only on 2.4ghz . On 5ghz after scan the qr code, it wait 5-10 seconds and was unable to connect.
2020-11-24
Use props
JohnieBraaf
lvl.2
Netherlands

I managed to do it once, but most of the times it fails indeed.

But I can tell you there is no benefit in connecting to 5ghz, because 2,4Ghz bandwidth is by far not utilized to its full extend which makes 5Ghz due to its less stable connection a worse choice.
2020-11-25
Use props
Kogoro
lvl.1

Switzerland

JohnieBraaf Posted at 11-25 01:50
I managed to do it once, but most of the times it fails indeed.

But I can tell you there is no benefit in connecting to 5ghz, because 2,4Ghz bandwidth is by far not utilized to its full extend which makes 5Ghz due to its less stable connection a worse choice.

Thanks for your answer .

On the 2.4ghz 7link outdoor router, i can control the Robomaster s1 to 200 meters on free area than is 100 meter maximum with builtin wifi. As in know on wireless, 5ghz have better bandwith but less distance and get easily disturbed by obstacle than 2.4 get more easily through.
2020-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules