Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Plug in the DJI propeller guard in the wrong way
661 3 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone AV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 246650 ft
United States

Hi DJI Forum,

I run into a problem.  Stupid me!
I inserted the DJI propeller guards in the wrong direction, and now I cannot get it off.  The two black labeled were inserted in the correct way, so I can easily get them off.
But the two white labeled guards, get stuck and I cannot get them out.  Any help ?

Thanks
Sam.
2020-10-22
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello there Drone AV. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read and to know about the said issue on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. If the propeller guards can't be removed after multiple attempts, and to prevent the motors from being damaged, we have an option for it to be sent back for a proper diagnosis. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support  Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused, and thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
Drone AV
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for your suggestion.
Lucky me!  I finally got the guards out.   I slipped in a very very thin metal strip through the tight space between the guards and the rings on the aircraft and they came out.
I will never install the guards in the wrong way, it is painful to get them out.

Also, when I installed in the wrong way, the aircraft refused to move in the air after it had flown a distance.  I believe the aircraft sensors must have treated the guards as obstacles.  For a moment, I thought I would lose the aircraft.   The RC kept beeping on me.   I had no glue what to do and what was that meant.   The battery was getting low.  I finally decided to hit the return home button, and it worked.   A very scary moment for me.

Thanks
Sam.
2020-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules