moving left/right? (control wheel?)
4399 5 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

So question - *considering* getting the osmo pocket 2 (although not sure if I really 'need' it, but might be nice).

BIG question though - does this one have a built in moving left/right/up/down (for the camera) - aka control wheel that you had to purchase 'separately' on the Osmo Pocket?
Or... is that some accessory I would have to wait for later?

Thanks!

2020-10-22
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

While using Pocket 1 for over two years,
I don’t see much reason for dedicated rotation control wheel because you can slightly rotate your arm in follow mode to make the gimbal rotate.

You can have more control using your hand because you can delicately ease in and out the rotation without any accessory.

However if you need a dedicated control, Pocket’s screen has a vertical slider UI you can touch to control vertical rotation. Also connecting to smart phone app, gives you virtual control stick that can control gimbal rotation in every direction.

Pocket 2 comes with physical joystick accessary that can control gimbal movement. You don’t need to purchase separately.

Hope it answers your question.
2020-10-22
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Controller Wheel you can do different speed of movements.
Joystick is like on / off movements without speed control.
In the screen up and down with speed control.
Shortly.
2020-10-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I believe the control wheel can be used with the Pocket 2, if you already have one, and prefer that to the joystick.
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello djiguy001, thank you for reaching out and I appreciate your inquiry. The Osmo Pocket 2 offers Mini Control Stick serves as the joystick that can be used to control gimbal movement or zoom according to the control stick settings.

For Gimbal movement control: Move the control stick up and down to control the tilt of the gimbal and move the control stick left and right to control the pan of the gimbal. You can also control speed by setting it in the touchscreen of DJI Pocket 2 by swiping down on the touchscreen and tapping "Settings" then "Accessories" and "Control Stick".

For Zoom Control: move the control stick up to zoom in and move the control stick down to zoom out.

You can find more information about the DJI Pocket 2 Mini Control Stick in its manual link:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tick_User_Guide.pdf

Thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
GCustom
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-22 05:00
I believe the control wheel can be used with the Pocket 2, if you already have one, and prefer that to the joystick.

Yes I've used mine on my Pocket 2, it allows finer control but for me I like being able to control both axis at the same time without having to remember to toggle the switch back and forth
2020-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules