Stitching DNG make me crazy!
3859 21 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxfear
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212021 ft
Italy

Hello! I'm new in this community and I decided to write for a big trouble.
Air 2 let us take pictures in panorama mode with single JPG and 9 dng files, has anyone tryed to stitch them with lightroom or photoshop? I did it, but stitched images are very far from the jpg created by the air2. So i often use pano and I usually work well but with the air2 dng I haven't found any solution and dngs are impossible to use.
Can anyone suggest a solution? I need to solve it soon because I have a lots of panos

ps: ptgui is a little bit better but license is to expensive
Lightroom and photoshop make a bad work

thanks

Max
2020-10-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

try this

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... 2Fprojects%2Fice%2F
2020-10-22
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

Thanks! but I have only OSX and no windows
2020-10-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-22 05:31
try this

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/?from=http%3A%2F%2Fresearch.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fum%2Fredmond%2Fprojects%2Fice%2F

Thanks JJB. Works great for me.
2020-10-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Autopano works quite well usually.
2020-10-22
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

Autopano by Kolor do you mean? because is out of production the kolor one.
I'm trying with the last pano with lightroom but the Jpg and the stitched one seams 2 different pictures...I'm going crazy...
2020-10-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is some sound advice on apps for stitching panos
https://havecamerawilltravel.com ... titching-best-apps/
2020-10-22
Use props
Akos H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 898396 ft
Hungary

I can also confirm that Microsoft ICE and Kolor AutoPano works well,I have been using both of them for a while. Unfortunately, none of them seems to be actively developed, but they still do a pretty good job, in my opinion better than PS or Lightroom (more projection types, rotate/align panorama, ...). I usually use Microsoft ICE for simpler panos (180° or less) and AutoPano for the full spheres.
2020-10-22
Use props
Akos H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 898396 ft
Hungary

Maxfear Posted at 10-22 06:32
Autopano by Kolor do you mean? because is out of production the kolor one.
I'm trying with the last pano with lightroom but the Jpg and the stitched one seams 2 different pictures...I'm going crazy...

What do you exactly mean by different? Can you post an example? Is the geometry different? In this case you can still try to play around with the projection types, cropping and boundary wrap options in Lightroom. Or are the colors different? In my experience the Air 2 puts some post processing on the stitched pano, so working with the DNG files you will need some editing.
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Max. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you can get the best recommendation from our fello DJI co pilots on what is the best stitching software they are using. Thank you.
2020-10-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Seemingly you don't have much experience nor knowledge about panoramic imagery. The app will control shooting the sequence automatically, recording either JPEG or DNG files into separate folders for each panorama. Optionally it can also create already stitched image in JPEG format, and this is your best approach for now. After you do some homework researching the principles of panorama stitching with dedicated software outside DJI app, you may go back to archived sequence and create better image to your liking ...
2020-10-22
Use props
fanseed079e1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2590108 ft
Bulgaria

how you can have 9 png panoramic shots with air 2?4

p.s. found it
2020-10-23
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 10-22 20:33
Seemingly you don't have much experience nor knowledge about panoramic imagery. The app will control shooting the sequence automatically, recording either JPEG or DNG files into separate folders for each panorama. Optionally it can also create already stitched image in JPEG format, and this is your best approach for now. After you do some homework researching the principles of panorama stitching with dedicated software outside DJI app, you may go back to archived sequence and create better image to your liking ...

I usually do it with camera for works, but with the DJI I have many trouble with stitching.. can you suggest me any software?
2020-10-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Maxfear Posted at 10-24 01:41
I usually do it with camera for works, but with the DJI I have many trouble with stitching.. can you suggest me any software?

#1 is PTGui software. Any DJI drone capable to shot panoramic sequence should deliver a folder containing separate images (JPEG or DNG) for each panorama and - optionally - stitched panorama in JPEG format. For stitching outside DJI app use only these files in folders. Works 100% ...
2020-10-24
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

PtGui the best but I cannot afford it... Autopano is nice but still very far from the drone stitching.
I show here the difference, I try every projections.. but it's bad

ORIGINAL JPG FROM MAVIC
2020-10-26
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

What problems are you having with Lightroom?  I've used it without problems many times with the Air 2 as well as several other DJI drones.
2020-10-26
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

KlooGee Posted at 10-26 04:24
What problems are you having with Lightroom?  I've used it without problems many times with the Air 2 as well as several other DJI drones.

I don't know, Lightroom stitching is very different from the jpg made by the drone, I need to use the single dng and then stitch them, but autopano down't work well, PTGui seams working but it costs to much...
Can be a trouble with the distortion profile in lightroom? I have both lightroom and Photoshop genuine, updated with last one.... I'm going crazy
2020-10-26
Use props
Shockingbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 929465 ft
  • >>>
United States

This should work because I do it all the time.
Instead of using the automated way, start from left to right and take 7 or 8 photos and overlap them about 30% or so.
Import them into Lightroom, select them and make a panoramic from there.
Let us know if that works.
2020-10-26
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

i will try as soon as I can! In Italy it's not easy to move in this period
thanks!!!

ps: pano is bad if I try to stitch a pano taken with 90° gimbal
2020-10-26
Use props
fanseed079e1
lvl.4
Bulgaria

I also made several attempts to collect separate files for panorama with lightroom and photoshop
the result is tragic
only with PtGui it is obtained by trying the different options of panoramic collection
if I'm not mistaken I had air 1 before and I didn't have any problems with it with the Adob products, apparently in the 2nd they changed something and no longer collects them correctly
it can be seen from the panorama how the camera bends quite strangely to the final files
2020-10-27
Use props
Maxfear
lvl.1
Italy

fanseed079e1 Posted at 10-27 12:13
I also made several attempts to collect separate files for panorama with lightroom and photoshop
the result is tragic
only with PtGui it is obtained by trying the different options of panoramic collection

I think it has a particular stitching, I tried for hours to obtain same result but is impossible!
Now I found an old version of Ptgui on my old windows and I'm working on.
I hope to find a solution!
2020-10-28
Use props
fanseed079e1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I noticed something the last time I took a picture
And since I had Air 1 before, where I collected panoramas without any problem, I'm terribly disappointed that the 2nd series is so crippled and the application is so bad.
So I tried to take a panorama assembled from a drone, then I did the same but only in RAW format.
The result, even during the shooting, I noticed that the drone makes the panorama correctly the first time, then IF you leave it on the RAW  files, it starts to bend and cannot be assembled with lightroom or Photoshop
Which means that the drone can be set to make correct panoramic RAW files ... the question is for someone from DJI to intervene and fix this problem
Otherwise we have no other option and the option remains to assemble them with PTGui.Pro, because Photoshop and Lightroom do not have exactly this type of panoramic assembly, in which to straighten the horizon.
Has anyone else noticed this?
DJI ... anything to do about it?
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules