DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Error After Installation
3633 5 2020-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matthewp
New

United States

We are trying to install DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and are getting a message following installation that the file is corrupted. We have tried downloading both the zip file and the exe file and have had the same result.
We downloaded the Flight Simulator at the same time and had no issues with that so it would appear that there is indeed a problem with the Windows download (V2.0.14). We need this application to be able to securely update firmware the airframe and the controller. Please help asap.

Thank you
dji assistant error msg.png
2020-10-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi Matthew,

I'm running that version on my Windows 10 pc.  Maybe check for virusses on your machine. If clean, you might disable your anti-virus during installation. Some anti-virus programs, like Norton, add a security byte at the end of new programs, so they can check if they are tampered with in the future. But some software has a selfcheck in it, to check the integrity. If something is added onto the file, it will cease to execute.

This might be the case with the DJI software. Maybe an DJI admin can confirm this?
2020-10-22
Use props
matthewp
New

United States

I am on a commercial network and turning off the virus protection is not something that is likely to happen. Ever.      I was just on a chat with DJI and they are pretty much telling me that it's antivirus, too.  Thanks for the input. I am still not sure about the firewall/antivirus explanation though. We were able to download the Flight Simulator just fine.
2020-10-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

matthewp Posted at 10-22 07:54
I am on a commercial network and turning off the virus protection is not something that is likely to happen. Ever.      I was just on a chat with DJI and they are pretty much telling me that it's antivirus, too.  Thanks for the input. I am still not sure about the firewall/antivirus explanation though. We were able to download the Flight Simulator just fine.

That I understand. I never gave the right to my enduser either to switch off the antivirus. You shouldn't run personal software on a corporate pc. But that's my and probably most system admins opinion. ;-)

This is not the firewall, but could be that the antivirus product you are using adds something to check integrety of files. Maybe a friend can help you out lending a personal pc.

Succes!
2020-10-22
Use props
matthewp
New

United States

Handed it off to the IS department now. I'll post back when/if they determine a work around.   Thanks again for the input!
2020-10-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello matthewp, thank you for reaching us out and it is unfortunate to know that the DJI Assistant 2 that you have downloaded and trying to install detected by your computer as corrupted file or infected by virus.

I agree with JohnDG in his response in 2# As you able to download the file from the DJI Website with your Anti-virus or Windows security enable it should be detected if there is any malicious file that can affect the computer. Due to the file is in a zip format or in exe format some 3rd party anti-virus or even Windows security detect it as malware. But to double check you can run your anti-virus to scan the file before installing it. At times it will require to turn off the Anti-virus/Windows security to proceed with the installation. Have you used a personal computer to download and install the software just to isolate the issue. Don't forget to turn off the anti-virus/Windows security when doing installation using a personal computer.
Please keep us update so that we can further assist you. Thank you.
2020-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules